UPDATE DAY 3 FOR SPIRIT

Old September 11th 06, 07:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

Default UPDATE DAY 3 FOR SPIRIT

He is little better just got back from my regular vet

He still has a fever but my vet can't determine the cause and he checked
everything. I think Spirit is going to be a stubborn patient just like
Daddy

BUT NO MORE INSULIN his sugar was down from 309 to 123 fancy feast diet
works.

He is responding to the antibiotics but still is not himself.

He was a little tender in the groin but not enough to impress the vet with
a possible pancreas or kidneys problems.

I think it was Spirit does not like his belly touch he bites me gives me
a good rake of the claws that will draw blood and several get the heck off
me bats of the paw to me. But he is the vet I trust him completely

It might be a very light UTI but I go back Friday to make sure

I want my spirit back to normal

Old September 11th 06, 07:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

Forgot to add the gave him fluids and he was at the beginning of starting
dehydration. He wants a treat but the vet said wet food only till we
find out everything

Old September 11th 06, 09:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

Sounds like not a very serious ailment. Whole clowder here sends purrs for
his full & fast recovery. Keep us posted.

Old September 11th 06, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

"Matthew" wrote in message
[...]

I'd say this sounds good, Matthew. In any case, continuous purrs for
Spirit.

kili

Old September 11th 06, 11:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

At least some bad things have been ruled out. I'm glad he doesn't need the
insulin any more. I hope the doctor can find the cause of the fever or else
cure it without finding it.

Joy

Old September 12th 06, 04:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Matthew wrote:

I want my spirit back to normal

So do we, Matthew. Sounds like the report was at least fair if not
good. Purrs continue for Spirit.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old September 12th 06, 04:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CATherine

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 18:45:15 GMT, "Matthew"
wrote:

He is little better just got back from my regular vet

He still has a fever but my vet can't determine the cause and he checked
everything. I think Spirit is going to be a stubborn patient just like
Daddy

BUT NO MORE INSULIN his sugar was down from 309 to 123 fancy feast diet
works.

He is responding to the antibiotics but still is not himself.

He was a little tender in the groin but not enough to impress the vet with
a possible pancreas or kidneys problems.

I think it was Spirit does not like his belly touch he bites me gives me
a good rake of the claws that will draw blood and several get the heck off
me bats of the paw to me. But he is the vet I trust him completely

It might be a very light UTI but I go back Friday to make sure

I want my spirit back to normal

That is good his BG is down. Fancy Feast is very low carb as long as
you stay away from the sliced meat with gravy foods. I hope he loses
the fever soon and gets back to his old self. Purrs,

--
CATherine
Old September 12th 06, 06:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

"Matthew" wrote in message
He is little better just got back from my regular vet

He still has a fever but my vet can't determine the cause and he checked
everything. I think Spirit is going to be a stubborn patient just like
Daddy

BUT NO MORE INSULIN his sugar was down from 309 to 123 fancy feast
diet works.

He is responding to the antibiotics but still is not himself.

He was a little tender in the groin but not enough to impress the vet
with a possible pancreas or kidneys problems.

I think it was Spirit does not like his belly touch he bites me gives me
a good rake of the claws that will draw blood and several get the heck off
me bats of the paw to me. But he is the vet I trust him completely

It might be a very light UTI but I go back Friday to make sure

I want my spirit back to normal

Did they check his teeth for problems? Best wishes. MLB
Old September 12th 06, 02:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

news

"Matthew" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks
First thing I checked and the vet. This vet is my regular vet a extremely
close family friend. He makes a mistake I remind him. I make a mistake
he reminds me who is the vet ;-)

He is actually feeling a little better today I woke up to him meowing at
me where is his food dish. Sorry Buddy no more dry food till the vets
says ok on Friday

Old September 12th 06, 02:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

wrote:

[...]

Actually Catherine the gravy sliced foods are not that much higher very
slightly that is the only food that Rumble will eat. The ones that are
extremely high for Fancy Feast are the ones that are grilled, roasted,
minced
Rumble is diabetic his sugar is still in the normal range jsut a little
high but he won't eat the diabetic wet food or anything without gravy.
Fancy feast has the best choices in gravy

--
CATherine