Doctor Update [OT]

Old October 29th 07, 11:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Doctor Update [OT]

I saw the neurophysiologist - nothing really to report. He's sending me for
an MRI and a arterial thoracic ultrasound (he said that when my arm is held
straight out (it can't go above shoulder level), that the pulse in that arm
diminishes - so he thinks that there's something pressing on the arteries in
my shoulder as well as the nerves there). The MRI (next Monday night) is
for my neck and shoulder to see if there is any damage to the spinal cord.

The bad news is that he doesn't have an opening for my next appointment
until December 5, so I have to wait at least that long just to find out
what's wrong before we can even start to figure out how to fix it. He gave
me 60 Tramadols (Ultram), but they are *very* mild pain pills, so I won't
get any relief from the pain for quite some time yet.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old October 30th 07, 02:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

[snips]

No cluons were harmed when CatNipped wrote:
He gave me 60 Tramadols (Ultram), but they are *very* mild
pain pills, so I won't get any relief from the pain for quite some time
yet.

Senyah takes those. I refer to them as "damnitols" (big grin).

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old October 30th 07, 02:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Normin

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Lori--

I have very good luck with Ultram, take 2 with 2 tylenols ( or
better yet an anti-inflammatory), just don't take them too often,
they can mess with your respiratory system if you overdo em.

good luck to you, I know what constant pain is like

Sara

See all my masters at:
http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Old October 30th 07, 03:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
SantaSteeler

Dag Nab it Lori keep the cast on..... now wait were we not talking about
Archer? Lori have you been climbing that cage again?

Old October 30th 07, 12:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
[snips]

No cluons were harmed when CatNipped wrote:
He gave me 60 Tramadols (Ultram), but they are *very* mild
pain pills, so I won't get any relief from the pain for quite some time
yet.

Senyah takes those. I refer to them as "damnitols" (big grin).

Yeah, their not real effective - I take them as a last resort, but to be
honest taking 4 Advils does about the same.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old October 30th 07, 12:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Normin" wrote in message
news:gfCdnfrKpPFgBbvanZ2dnUVZ_gKdnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks. I don't ever take pain pills (I think I am the only person in
history who, when in the ER for a shattered wrist, turned down Vicodin and
asked for only Advil). But then again, I don't drink at all - ever! That
woozy feeling makes me vomit. So the Tramados are a last resort thing and
don't really work all that well (but I've never tried taking them with 2
Advil before - thanks for that tip). I last had a prescription for them in
July 2006 when the break occurred and 30 of them lasted me 15 months (I'd
just taken the last one last week).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old October 30th 07, 12:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"SantaSteeler" wrote in message
.. .
Dag Nab it Lori keep the cast on..... now wait were we not talking about
Archer? Lori have you been climbing that cage again?

LOL! If he had my genes I'd have to say that that little acorn didn't fall
far from the tree! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old October 30th 07, 05:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bobblespin[_2_]

"CatNipped" wrote in
:

I saw the neurophysiologist - nothing really to report. He's sending
me for an MRI and a arterial thoracic ultrasound (he said that when my
arm is held straight out (it can't go above shoulder level), that the
pulse in that arm diminishes - so he thinks that there's something
pressing on the arteries in my shoulder as well as the nerves there).
The MRI (next Monday night) is for my neck and shoulder to see if
there is any damage to the spinal cord.

The bad news is that he doesn't have an opening for my next
appointment until December 5, so I have to wait at least that long
just to find out what's wrong before we can even start to figure out
how to fix it. He gave me 60 Tramadols (Ultram), but they are *very*
mild pain pills, so I won't get any relief from the pain for quite
some time yet.

Hope he figures it out, however it often takes more than one doctor to find
a problem and fix it. If he doesn't, you might want to ask around for a
good acupuncturist. Living in eternal pain is not living, and taking those
pills aren't a good answer either - they usually don't work and for every
effect there's a side effect (usually not a good one). I've known a few
people who've been to acupuncturists with great success, but it does take
several sessions over a few weeks to see results. Hope it works for you.

Bobble
Old October 30th 07, 06:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"bobblespin" wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote in
:

[...]

I've never tried acupuncture, but my fear is that the treatment is only as
effective as you are willing to believe that it will be effective (kind of
like hypnotism). I'm afraid my skepticism will keep it from working on me.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old October 30th 07, 06:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Acupuncture is backed up by science and can work very well. Its the
painkiller of last resort for a lot of people with long term pain who for
one reason or other don't get relief from drugs.

Just be sure to look for proper training and certification.

Jo