Psycho Kitty - When Will He Slow Down?

Old December 21st 03, 07:22 PM
Alan Watts

Default Psycho Kitty - When Will He Slow Down?

I have a 4 month old, male Siamese kitten. He is hyper-active -
always running and knocking over stuff - trys to jump up walls and
scratches the paint. Also, he chews everything and has already
dammaged an upholstered chair and a throw pillow.

Questions:

1) Will he be easier to control after he is neutered?
2) Could he be teething - causing chewing?
3) How long will it take him to grow out of this kitten stage and
chill out like a proper cat?

Thanks
Old December 21st 03, 07:29 PM
Mary

1) Will he be easier to control after he is neutered?
2) Could he be teething - causing chewing?
3) How long will it take him to grow out of this kitten stage and
chill out like a proper cat?

Siamese are sometimes hyperactive by nature. Kittens most certainly are
hyperactive. They start to slow down a little at 2 years I've noticed. You
could get him another kitten to play with to tire himself out. It's also so
much fun to watch kittens playing together. If you're gone a lot in the day
time, a solo kitten will get bored, get into trouble and may be too much to
handle when you come home. He is old enough to get neutered now. Make sure he
has tons of toys, cat trees, scratchy trees and play with him a lot.

Old December 21st 03, 08:15 PM
GovtLawyer

He is hyper-active -
always running and knocking over stuff - trys to jump up walls and
scratches the paint

My Snowshoe Siamese tries to jump up the door frame. He leaps up and grabs,
and slides right down. He's been doing it for the six months I've had him. He
doesn't seem to realize that he'll always slide right down. Sometimes when I'm
resting I can hear him jumping and sliding, jumping and sliding, over and over
again. It is one of the things about him I find most amusing and adorable. If
he ever stops I'm gonna give him away.

Old December 21st 03, 08:23 PM
Dennis Carr

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 14:22:05 -0500, Alan Watts wrote:

1) Will he be easier to control after he is neutered?

Control?! Surely you jest!

2) Could he be teething - causing chewing?

At four months, possibly.

3) How long will it take him to grow out of this kitten stage and
chill out like a proper cat?

Give it time. Play with your kitty! He's being a kitten, so it's going to
be..interesting for a while, but play with him and this will also help him
to bond with you as well as calm down a bit.

--
Dennis Carr - | I may be out of my mind,
http://www.dennis.furtopia.org | But I have more fun that way.

Old December 21st 03, 08:30 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"Alan Watts" wrote in message
I have a 4 month old, male Siamese kitten. He is hyper-active -
always running and knocking over stuff - trys to jump up walls and
scratches the paint. Also, he chews everything and has already
dammaged an upholstered chair and a throw pillow.

Questions:

1) Will he be easier to control after he is neutered?

I doubt it. ;-) He'll probnably still be little Mr. Hyper for a while.

2) Could he be teething - causing chewing?

Probably, IMO. They do tend to grow out of the chewing stage.

3) How long will it take him to grow out of this kitten stage and
chill out like a proper cat?

My first cat: by the time she was about a year old, she'd calmed down
considerably. Otoh, I adopted a calico when she was about a year, & she was
Ms. Super Hyper Kitty for a l-o-n-g time. Her activity level was
*incredible* & she didn't calm down till about 4 - 5 years old.

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

My 24 hour kitty O J Cat anecdotes 39 August 20th 04 10:23 AM
A Gift from Mai Kitty David Cat anecdotes 20 May 2nd 04 09:50 PM
Yu noze, I furgotz tu tellz yurownselfz abowt da TROODUR KITTY... Amelia T Cat Cat community 6 February 28th 04 11:13 AM