Hacking Cough

Old July 6th 04, 03:06 PM
JR

Default Hacking Cough

Hi.

One of my two cats, Simon, has had a dry, hacking cough for the past
three days. The rate at which he has been hacking over these three
days has been consistent, and his energy level is as high as ever.
Should I take him to vet. as soon as possible, or wait a few days to
see if the cough just goes away?

Thanks.
Old July 6th 04, 04:14 PM
Karen

Three days is quite a while. DOes he just need to get a hairball up maybe?
Do you give him laxatone or other hairball remedy? Mine do this when they
are about to cough up a hairball and it can take a couple of days.

Karen

om...

Old July 7th 04, 10:47 AM
Alison

"JR" wrote in message
om...
Hi.

One of my two cats, Simon, has had a dry, hacking cough for the past
three days. The rate at which he has been hacking over these three
days has been consistent, and his energy level is as high as ever.
Should I take him to vet. as soon as possible, or wait a few days to
see if the cough just goes away?

Thanks.

Hi ,
Is it possible he could have something stuck in his throat ? I would
go to the vet ,
it's better to be on the safe side and it will put your mind at rest

Aliosn

Old July 7th 04, 01:50 PM
JR

"Karen" wrote in message ...
Three days is quite a while. DOes he just need to get a hairball up maybe?
Do you give him laxatone or other hairball remedy? Mine do this when they
are about to cough up a hairball and it can take a couple of days.

I gave him his hairball remedy earlier this week (which he loves
incidentally, more than any treat I give him "!"). This morning, his
hacking cough turned into a sneeze. I wonder if he just has a cold.
I'm going to see how he is feeling tonight and tomorrow morning. If
he is still sneezing or his hack comes back, and neither of those
symptoms seem to be improving, I think I'll take him to the vet on
Friday.

Thanks for the response.

Karen

Old July 9th 04, 02:02 PM
JR

"Alison" wrote in message ...
"JR" wrote in message
om...
Hi.

One of my two cats, Simon, has had a dry, hacking cough for the past
three days. The rate at which he has been hacking over these three
days has been consistent, and his energy level is as high as ever.
Should I take him to vet. as soon as possible, or wait a few days to
see if the cough just goes away?

Thanks.

Hi ,
Is it possible he could have something stuck in his throat ? I would
go to the vet ,
it's better to be on the safe side and it will put your mind at rest

Aliosn

Fortunately, he seems to be much better now, and almost completely
back to normal. He only sneezed twice yesterday ;- )