HELP!!! My 2 year old is ruining an expensive leather couch

Old January 4th 05, 07:40 PM
J1Boss

Also, they are cold in the winter and look like 1980s bachelor pad.

and squeak when you sit on them, and stick to you in summer :-)

all I can say is you guys must have or have been exposed to some pretty cheap
leather furniture! Not cold, no squeaking, no sticking. Of course, I do have
heat and air conditioning, but still......

Janet Boss
http://bestfriendsdogobedience.com/
http://photos.yahoo.com/bestfriendsobedience

Old January 4th 05, 08:06 PM
Tracy

Nothing personal, but how much pee does you cat produce? I've had a cat
pee on a throw (long time ago, don't have those problems with either of
my cats now) and the tablespoonful of pee was easily absorbed by a
washable cotton throw. And I really am not sure I believe that every
single inch of the couch would have to be covered, surely the cat is
peeing on particular spots, like the seat or over one of the arms?

With that and a waterproof coating on the leather couch, this should be
manageable.

Old January 5th 05, 01:58 PM
Jim Lawton

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 18:23:39 GMT, "Mary" wrote:

snip

and squeak when you sit on them, and stick to you in summer :-)

Ooo, yes, this last is the worst! You must live in a place with
hot summers, too.

No no - I understand that the *worst* is that some of them smell of cat-pee !!
:-)

Jim

Old January 5th 05, 10:27 PM
Steve G

On 2004-12-27, Phil P. penned:

(...)

But it's wood covered with padding and leather!

No? Really? Whoopee! So?

Totally different!

No it isn't. The principal is the same.

Er, I think you need to reread Monique's post with your sarcasm
detection module engaged...

S.

Old January 5th 05, 10:52 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-05, Steve G penned:

On 2004-12-27, Phil P. penned:

(...)

But it's wood covered with padding and leather!

No? Really? Whoopee! So?

Totally different!

No it isn't. The principal is the same.

Er, I think you need to reread Monique's post with your sarcasm detection
module engaged...

S.

Pretty sure Phil caught my meaning, but he's had to deal with so many unwanted
pets and dumb people that he wants to be very explicit.

At least, that's how I interpreted his post.

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old January 6th 05, 10:07 AM
Phil P.

"Steve G" wrote in message
ups.com...

On 2004-12-27, Phil P. penned:

(...)

But it's wood covered with padding and leather!

No? Really? Whoopee! So?

Totally different!

No it isn't. The principal is the same.

Er, I think you need to reread Monique's post with your sarcasm
detection module engaged...

Steve,

Your little pecker complex is showing again.

Old January 6th 05, 10:23 AM
Phil P.

On 2005-01-05, Steve G penned:

On 2004-12-27, Phil P. penned:

(...)

But it's wood covered with padding and leather!

No? Really? Whoopee! So?

Totally different!

No it isn't. The principal is the same.

Er, I think you need to reread Monique's post with your sarcasm

detection
module engaged...

S.

Pretty sure Phil caught my meaning, but he's had to deal with so many

unwanted
pets and dumb people that he wants to be very explicit.

At least, that's how I interpreted his post.

Don't mind little Stevie - Nit-picking is his thing. Its a compensation
thing.

Old January 6th 05, 11:48 AM
Phil P.

"Jim Lawton" wrote in message
On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 18:23:39 GMT, "Mary"

wrote:

snip

and squeak when you sit on them, and stick to you in summer :-)

Ooo, yes, this last is the worst! You must live in a place with
hot summers, too.

No no - I understand that the *worst* is that some of them smell of

cat-pee !!
:-)

When I was kid volunteering in a shelter in NYC, I always got a seat with
plenty of elbow room on the subway home thanks to odour de feline! LOL!