my cat is hiding

Old April 17th 04, 06:43 AM
Steve Sande

Default my cat is hiding

My cat "Aeriel"' is 9 years old. From the time I got her she has been
friendly and affectionate. For the last 3 days she has been hiding.
She is not eating and does not come when called. I finally found her in
the closet and now she is under the bed. Do you have an idea what is
going on?

Old April 17th 04, 07:03 AM
Cat Protector

Has there been a change her environment or anything that is stressful? If
the answer is no then I'd get her a checkup at the vet in order to rule out
the medical.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

Old April 17th 04, 07:39 AM
Ryan Robbins

"Steve Sande" wrote in message
My cat "Aeriel"' is 9 years old. From the time I got her she has been
friendly and affectionate. For the last 3 days she has been hiding.
She is not eating and does not come when called. I finally found her in
the closet and now she is under the bed. Do you have an idea what is
going on?

Her not eating could indicate she is sick. I would take her to the vet as
soon as possible.

Old April 17th 04, 07:50 AM
Mary

For the last 3 days she has been hiding.
She is not eating and does not come when called. I finally found her in
the closet and now she is under the bed. Do you have an idea what is
going on?

Get her to the vet asap. Not eating and hiding are signs that she's sick. Of
course, if there were some major psychological turmoil in the house, a young
kid staying at your house, a new animal, a new friend that hates her, that
might cause that same behavior. Has anything major changed? If not, off to the
vet. My cat didn't eat and hid. I took him to the vet. He was diagnosed with
stomach/liver cancer and died in two days.

Old April 17th 04, 09:41 AM
Niels Peter

Steve Sande skrev:

My cat "Aeriel"' is 9 years old. From the time I got her she has been
friendly and affectionate. For the last 3 days she has been hiding.
She is not eating and does not come when called. I finally found her in
the closet and now she is under the bed. Do you have an idea what is
going on?

A cat that doesn't eat and is hiding is most likely ill.
I think you should contact a vet ASAP.

Niels Peter

Still in hiding Singh Cat anecdotes 36 October 25th 04 04:22 PM
Sammy's new hiding place Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 18 April 22nd 04 05:34 AM