B & C & FSP - Party Time Box - A Christmas Story

Old December 25th 04, 07:15 PM
Bev

Default B & C & FSP - Party Time Box - A Christmas Story

We brought home a box full of groceries just before Xmas Day (yesterday
here). It was about 9 in. deep and two feet long by 2 feet wide. I
dropped it over Bonnie's head and waited for her to go crazy. No. The
box became the mysterious travelling box. She loved it. Occasionally
a paw appeared or a tail got left behind. Then she sat quietly.

Enter Clyde. He knew instantly she was in the box, smell, I suppose.
He spent a while trying to dig her out. Finally she put a paw outside
her hidey hole. That was all Clyde needed, he grabbed the paw - Bonnie
shot out and Clyde shot in - a complete reversal of roles. The box
fell down and Clyde was encased. Bonnie was furious. The box was
hers and Clyde had stolen it. She tore around the side of the box
yelling abuse at Clyde. He sat inside - quietly, you could almost feel
him smirking. The box moved off down the hallway with Bonnie hot-foot
after it. Clyde kept the box for the best part of half an hour with Her
Ladyship fuming outside and us crying with laughter.

Yesterday our Xmas guests arrived, a cat-loving nephew with his
cat-loving wife and two cat- mad girls, Deanna aged 11 and Sarah aged
18. The cats were beside themselves. I have never seen them
completely played out during the day but the girls managed it. There
were strings with paper on to chase, a mass of knees to sit on. They
were kissed and tickled. The box was placed over different cats and
ran around the place to the surprise of other visitors. It was a great
Xms dinner with six cat-mad people. The 7th person prefers to keep cats
at a distance but the cats just assumed they were beloved by him as well
and immediately took turns to climb all over him. I can still see him
sitting very still as Bonnie walked up his chest and investigated his
mouth. "If I sit really still perhaps she will go away" he muttered
grimly. When you wear a wig a cat is a definite worry!! God knows
what Bonnie would have done with it if she had discovered his secret!

Last night B & C were as completely exhausted as I have ever seen
them. They went to bed and were still in the same place in the
morning!! What joys lie ahead to-day.

Oh, and I introduced the girls to Bubbels after Xmas Dinner
(turkey and pud and trifle). For the rest of the day it was pop pop
pop pop pop, rofl.

Bev
--
The email of the species is more deadly than the mail.
Old December 25th 04, 11:58 PM

Bev wrote:

The 7th person prefers to keep cats at a distance but the cats just
assumed they were beloved by him as well and immediately took turns
to climb all over him. I can still see him sitting very still as
Bonnie walked up his chest and investigated his mouth. "If I sit
really still perhaps she will go away" he muttered grimly.

This wouldn't be Uncle Jack, would it? ("Dance of the Seven Veils" is
still my favorite of the Ollie stories!!)

Sounds like you had a wonderful day, and that B&C have met their match!

Joyce
Old December 26th 04, 07:30 PM
SUQKRT

In article , Bev wrote:

Oh, and I introduced the girls to Bubbels after Xmas Dinner
(turkey and pud and trifle). For the rest of the day it was pop pop
pop pop pop, rofl.

Bev
--

Bev, that was soooooo funny!
Suz

"People that hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."
--Faith Resnick

|\__/|
(=':'=)
(")_(")