Tony just jumped up on his spot in bed...

Old December 9th 05, 10:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Tony just jumped up on his spot in bed...

and I am crying like a baby. Because I know this is what Frank did
every night. Frank was Marina's special cat with a special bond. Tony
is mine. My other two have their places in my life and their roles in
my heart but they aren't like me and Tony. When Tony gets old he too
will leave a big empty spot in my bed. And it scared me tonight
thinking about it and I had such a huge feeling of sympathy for Marina
thinking about it.

Marina, I have a clue as to what you must be going through. I hope one
day you find a cat special enough to have another special bond with.
Maybe Miranda or Caliban will even step up to the plate. All I know is
that when Tony just settled right into his spot, I lost it and all hope
of sleep was lost. Frank was pretty special to all of here with his
antics. Thank you so much for sharing.

Bridget - with Mattie Marie watching every word I type from the back of
the chair
Old December 9th 05, 09:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Bridget wrote:
[...]

Bridget, thanks for thinking of me. I'll admit, the bed felt very cold
and empty last night. Miranda and Caliban don't come to bed when I do,
they always stay up and play some more, though they will be there in the
morning, and they don't wake up as early as Frank (and Nikki) used to.
They wouldn't mind if I slept a little longer in the mornings. Miranda
usually snuggles up to my stomach, and Caliban often comes up in the
morning and snuggles against my face. This was nice when he was a little
bittie, but now that he's becoming a big boy, he nearly suffocates me.
P But they don't get into bed at the same time as I do. I hope, as
they get older, maybe they'll start coming to bed earlier.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old December 9th 05, 10:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Bridget wrote:

and I am crying like a baby. Because I know this is what Frank did
every night. Frank was Marina's special cat with a special bond. Tony
is mine. My other two have their places in my life and their roles in
my heart but they aren't like me and Tony. When Tony gets old he too
will leave a big empty spot in my bed. And it scared me tonight
thinking about it and I had such a huge feeling of sympathy for Marina
thinking about it.

{{{Bridget}}} and gentle headbutts and purrs from the five furries who
know you're also missing your Mom who died a year ago yesterday.
Julie, Hobbes, Selena, Lacey, Sam and Barnabus