What is wrong with justice? ( Extreme CW)

Old February 2nd 11, 06:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default What is wrong with justice? ( Extreme CW)

"Lesley Madigan" wrote in message
On Jan 29, 3:36 pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

The url would have been enough, as to whether we wanted to know the
details,

Apologies I wasn't thinking straight- for some reason this one has got
to me more than usual

--
Me too now.
Some people should be banned, by law, from having pets - but how do you

Old February 3rd 11, 01:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

On Feb 2, 10:01*am, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
- but how do you
know, if they seem OK for a home that will they do such a terrible thing?
You don't. *

I once asked an agent of the RSPCA (Don't worry I not only did not
give them a penny but told them I wouldn't and told them about KFC as
a reason) what does it really mean when someone gets banned from
keeping from animals for a number of years and they had to admit that
what it really means is they have the details and share them with
places like Battersea etc but there is nothing in place to stop them
going to a pet shop/a kitten mill or answering a "free to a good home"
ad

I sometimes wonder if we went to a shelter whether we'd be allowed to
adopt...our local one places a lot of emphasis on garden access
unless the cat is very old/used to being indoors/FIV+

Well it's a small flat but with high ceilings so our cats have plenty
of high places (Dunzi recently demonstrated it is possible to go round
the ;living room, kitchen and bedroom whilst being more than 4 feet
off the ground at the lowest bit and 15+ feet at the highest) . We
also have pretty much 24 hour service (Dave;s at home all day), a ton
of toys and maybe not quite the diet they want (They'd both like to
die of a ham overdose) but a diet that's good for them (In fact if I
read the feeding instructions on a box of pouchies I may be
underfeeding them- but I look at the cats and what my vet says which
is basically they're healthy and both could gain an ounce or five
before they'd even border on needing their weight down- Dunzi despite
being a pig is on the leaner side for her size and Sarsi is slightly
less than Kylie would call average for her size) and we can easily pay
vet bills (and if we couldn't? One of the largest PDSA hosptals in
London is 5 minutes away)

But according to some shelters as we have no outside access they would
be happy to leave cats sitting in a shelter cage rather than coming
round our place...........

Lesley
Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old February 9th 11, 08:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
- but how do you
know, if they seem OK for a home that will they do such a terrible thing?
You don't.

I once asked an agent of the RSPCA (Don't worry I not only did not
give them a penny but told them I wouldn't and told them about KFC as
a reason) what does it really mean when someone gets banned from
keeping from animals for a number of years and they had to admit that
what it really means is they have the details and share them with
places like Battersea etc but there is nothing in place to stop them
going to a pet shop/a kitten mill or answering a "free to a good home"
ad

I sometimes wonder if we went to a shelter whether we'd be allowed to

adopt...our local one places a lot of emphasis on garden access
unless the cat is very old/used to being indoors/FIV+

______
I doubt you would too, tbh. It's expected that UK cats can go outside. I
would be surprised if any cat shelter or rescue would home a healthy young
cat to an inside only home here.
In fact I am fairly sure that they wouldn't.
Tweed