What is wrong with justice? ( Extreme CW)

Old January 28th 11, 09:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

Default What is wrong with justice? ( Extreme CW)

The full story is at
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ared-jail.html

She got 4 months suspended for 2 years and 30 hours community
service! Her defence (Who in their right mind would defend this
person and I use the term person very cautiously) said she'd been
brought up in care and had an alcohol problem...... they tried to say
she acted "impulsively"

GET YOUR F****ING FACTS STRAIGHT!"

She hit the kitten who bolted for the hallway , she followed the
kitten and kicked her then walked round someone else before opening
the window and dropping her from a window before calmly saying to the
other person "Well you didn't want her anyway" (The other person had
expressed concerns she could not keep the kitten and was considering
passing her to a shelter so she would get a good home)

SHE HIT THE KITTEN THEN WENT AFTER HER!

I admit and I really hope I turn out to not be the only one I have
given kittens some fairly strong language up to and including threats
of violence ...never carried through as like Cuwella did they tend to
do a runner at this point and lie low until the shouting Hoomin has
calmed down but she
followed the kitten, kicked her then went past someone to chuck a
4month old kitten out of an 11th storey window okay where;s the
impulse in that..yeah shouting at a kitten, maybe even hitting the
kitten maybe impulsive but what she did next was NOT impulsive the
kitten did a runner she went after the kitten.....

I suppose the only hope is she has a baby and is pregnant maybe
they'll be taken somewhere better

I just don;t believe she got let off so lightly

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old January 28th 11, 10:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
NettieCat

On Jan 28, 9:19*pm, Lesley Madigan wrote:
The full story is athttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1351069/Teenager-hurled-kitte...

[...]

The girl needs a hell of a lot of help before she can be anything like
a properly functioning member of society. Unfortunately, in this
climate, she's very unlikely to get it. If she doesn't, she'll hurt
more defenceless animals, and probably move on to abuse children.

The poor kitten never stood a chance, and there's a lot more like her
around, born to be abused. Kittens, puppies, human babies ... when
will we learn that all living creatures deserve the best care that we
can offer, right from the start?

Jeanette

Old January 29th 11, 12:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Also worrisome is this type of animal cruelty exhibited by someone
this young is often found in serial killers - not saying this person
is or will be, just noting...and she is a young mother with another on
the way??? The picture of her leaving the courthouse after being
charged - well, I see no remorse inspite of the statement that she was
"disgusted" wth herself and her actions.

All life is precious - would that we could really understand and
prevent such horrible behavior. The girl is very, very seriously
troubled and, IMHO, needs urgent mental health care in an in-patient
facility. Jail now is not the answer - but without immediate
intervention it's not unlikely that jail ultimately will be her
"forever" home leaving her children to "care" (which might be better
than being raised by her).

I know I sound judgemental, but there was no justice for the kitten,
and really no justice for the young woman. If a kitten riled her so,
how on earth will she handle a crying, colicky baby?

This is just sickening. And not even a requirement never, ever
allowing her to have the care of an animal?

Sophia

Old January 29th 11, 12:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

NettieCat wrote:

The girl needs a hell of a lot of help before she can be anything like
a properly functioning member of society. Unfortunately, in this
climate, she's very unlikely to get it. If she doesn't, she'll hurt
more defenceless animals, and probably move on to abuse children.

The poor kitten never stood a chance, and there's a lot more like her
around, born to be abused. Kittens, puppies, human babies ... when
will we learn that all living creatures deserve the best care that we
can offer, right from the start?

Jeanette

Unfortunately she's already got one child and is pregnant with another.
I dread to think how they will grow up.
--
Adrian, sent from my iPod.
Old January 29th 11, 12:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

There is a case in todays Salt Lake Tribune of a 7 week old baby who was
apparently beaten by the parents. It's beyond comprehension! MLB
Old January 29th 11, 01:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"NettieCat" wrote in message
[...]

Someone needs to throw *her* out the window. I do not understand the
justice system today. If she'd done that to her soon-to-be-born (god help
us!) child she'd be sitting in a jail cell charged with murder.

Jill

Old January 29th 11, 06:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav[_2_]

Default What is wrong with justice? ( Extreme Cruelty Warning)

wrote:
The full story is
athttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1351069/Teenager-hurled-kitte...

She got 4 months suspended for 2 years and 30 hours community
service!

The girl needs a hell of a lot of help before she can be
anything like
a properly functioning member of society. Unfortunately, in
this
climate, she's very unlikely to get it. If she doesn't, she'll
hurt
more defenceless animals, and probably move on to abuse
children.

There is evidence that serial killers often started by abusing
and killing pets. See
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...rs-621518.html

Old January 29th 11, 07:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

John Lines is a hero!

"BIRMINGHAM’S housing chief has ordered the eviction of a cruel young
mother who threw a kitten to it death from a city tower block.
Although 19-year-old Stacey Ravenall avoided a prison sentence over
the act she stands to lose her council home.
Earlier this week Ravenall, a pregnant mother-of-one from Larch Walk,
Yardley, admitted to the charge of animal cruelty after hurling four-
month-old Cuwella from the 11th floor of The Giles House tower block
in Stechford while living there last year. She was given a four-month
suspended prison sentence, 30 hours community work and banned from
keeping a pet for ten years after magistrates accepted it had been an
‘‘impulsive act’’.
But Coun John Lines, the council’s Tory Cabinet member for housing,
was not so forgiving. He said: “This sort of behaviour against a tiny
defenceless animal is despicable and I will not tolerate it from one
of our tenants.
“I have asked my officers to begin eviction procedures and we will re-
allocate this home to someone who deserves it.”

Dave says that of course she'll then have to be rehoused because she
has a kid and a baby on the way....we can only hope it's on the ground
floor or the kids get taken off her, As someone else said here, if
she can do that to a kitten what could she then do to a colicky baby?

Old January 29th 11, 11:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lesley Madigan" wrote in message
The full story is at
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ared-jail.html

The url would have been enough, as to whether we wanted to know the details,
Lesley.
Tweed

Old January 30th 11, 05:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Jan 29, 3:36*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

The url would have been enough, as to whether we wanted to know the details,

Apologies I wasn't thinking straight- for some reason this one has got
to me more than usual