Pictures, pictures

Old February 7th 11, 07:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Pictures, pictures

Marina wrote:

Actually, I lie. He doesn't always have his 'whatwhat' face. There's
also his 'don't you love me any more?' face when he's begging for food.
Like now. Oh, the soulful eyes. The feeble little paw on my cheek. 'Hey,
you forgot something. I can barely lift my paw to your cheek, I am so
weak with hunger.'

He is Boyfie's spriritual brother. I wonder if they're cooking up these
elaborate ruses together, communicating via the Mothership?

Joyce

--
The sun rose slowly, like a fiery furball coughed up uneasily onto a
sky-blue carpet by a giant unseen cat. -- Michael McGarel
Old February 7th 11, 07:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Takayuki wrote:

From observing Buster, I think there are at least two other
expressions that these types of boycats are good at:

1. Coy - Facing slightly downward, he looks off to the side at you, as
though feeling a bit guilty.

2. Scrunched - Pulls his head back and tucks in his chin, making it
look like his face has receded into his body. Usually accompanied by
squinting. Buster does this when he doesn't want to be kissed.

Licky does this thing when he wants to be petted, which is to jump
onto some piece of furniture and push himself against the wall as
hard as possible, as though he hopes to be able to push himself *into*
the wall. And then he bends his head down and kind of twists it so
that he's looking at me from an upside-down perspective. It's a
variation on upside-downy head, except that he's standing. He does
this when his need to be petted is extremely urgent, and it's usually
accompanied by loud meows.

He doesn't do the second thing at all - he loves to get kissed on the
forehead and often "offers" it to me. But Roxy does that. Definitely
with the squinting, as though my approaching face is too horrible to
look at.

Joyce

Old February 7th 11, 05:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

On 07/02/2011 08:09, Takayuki wrote:

From observing Buster, I think there are at least two other
expressions that these types of boycats are good at:

1. Coy - Facing slightly downward, he looks off to the side at you, as
though feeling a bit guilty.

Caliban doesn't really look guilty. When he's done something he knows he
shouldn't have, he sort of scampers off in slow motion, as if waiting to
see if I'm going to chase him. Usually I'm rolling on the floor laughing
at that point, and can't be mad at him. He doesn't really look guilty,
except in a very exaggerated, clownish way. This cat should wear big
shoes and a red nose. Oh, wait...

2. Scrunched - Pulls his head back and tucks in his chin, making it
look like his face has receded into his body. Usually accompanied by
squinting. Buster does this when he doesn't want to be kissed.

But Caliban loves kisses, in fact, he often initiates kisses. The first
time I went to see him at his fosterer's, he greeted me with kisses. If
I hadn't already been sold when I first saw his picture, I would have
been sold at that point.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Old February 7th 11, 06:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

But Caliban loves kisses, in fact, he often initiates kisses. The first
time I went to see him at his fosterer's, he greeted me with kisses. If
I hadn't already been sold when I first saw his picture, I would have
been sold at that point.

Aww. Licky also initiates kisses. When we're in his favorite petting
place (my bed), and he's overcome his reticence and cuddled up close,
he will often rub noses with me over and over, and loves getting the
human equivalent back from me.

Joyce

--
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me,
for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me
Old February 8th 11, 01:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Marina wrote:

On 07/02/2011 08:09, Takayuki wrote:

2. Scrunched - Pulls his head back and tucks in his chin, making it
look like his face has receded into his body. Usually accompanied by
squinting. Buster does this when he doesn't want to be kissed.

But Caliban loves kisses, in fact, he often initiates kisses. The first
time I went to see him at his fosterer's, he greeted me with kisses. If
I hadn't already been sold when I first saw his picture, I would have
been sold at that point.

Caliban gives a classic scrunched look at the end of this video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M2VQjjfi1s

Buster is an odd kitty in that likes giving hoomins face kisses, but
it needs to be his idea.
Old February 8th 11, 04:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

On 08/02/2011 03:17, Takayuki wrote:

Caliban gives a classic scrunched look at the end of this video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M2VQjjfi1s

Oh, I see what you mean. That's his 'why can't you two let me sleep in
peace in my backpack?' face. :P

Buster is an odd kitty in that likes giving hoomins face kisses, but
it needs to be his idea.

Caliban usually reciprocates if I shove my face in his face with kissy
lips. He kisses back. Sometimes it's just a very absent-minded quick
peck. 'yea, yea, I love you but I have other things to think about now.'

Pictures Marina Cat anecdotes 3 December 8th 08 10:11 PM
For those who like to look at pictures Jofirey Cat anecdotes 6 August 20th 08 10:34 PM
New Pictures Adrian Cat anecdotes 3 October 2nd 05 09:46 AM
Some more pictures Marina Cat anecdotes 12 September 21st 05 01:33 AM
Pictures of Sam Ann Cat anecdotes 18 November 23rd 04 04:59 AM