Cat-Sitting, Part Three

Old February 7th 11, 06:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

Default Cat-Sitting, Part Three

The last few days of my cat-sitting I shall sum up in this final
anecdote.

I love how I try so hard once I leave home to lint roll as much of my
black work pants as possible, and then one visit to the Furry
Threesome covers them with so much hair that MY three troublemakers
all sniff them and look at me suspicious.

We ran out of litter, so I picked some up at the store before one of
my visits. As I was leaning over to pour in the new litter, I
suddenly feel paws on my back. I turn my head and Westley is up on
the counter, with his front two paws on my back, peering at what I'm
doing. When I straightened up, he sat on the counter with a look
saying, "I'm supervising. I'm making sure you're doing it right. As
soon as I left, i turned to see him inspecting the litterbox, and then
'testing' it out. He later came into the living room, satisfied, in
more ways than one.

Jarlaxle seems to think that if he rubs and twitches his fluffy tail
just right, and flops on his side and cries just so, that I will
realize how hungry of a kitty he REALLY is and feed him the GOOD
gooshy food that Jaina always gets and ends up ignoring.

Jaina still thinks I'm trying to trick her or something, cause I spent
thirty seconds chasing her with the food dish trying to get her to
eat. And if I leave the food dish unattended, the boys will try to
eat it. So dinnertime is part musical cats, and part guarding the
dish of gooshy from two other cats while trying to convince the third,
skittish cat that it IS okay to eat.

I spoke with their slaves, who are home now, and I'm told this is a
common occurrence. Sillies.....

Every day I'm there I turn on the automated laser toy for at least 5
minutes. Jarlaxle is SO funny. The way he chases and stalks and
pursues the Evil Red Bug, reminds me of Snoopy and the Red Baron.
"One day....I WILL get you...." And Jaina is SO cute. When she
pounces she mrrps a little bit. So she crouches and pounces the Evil
Red Bug, but letting out a small "Mrrp!" at the same time, like saying
"GOTCHA!" Westley tries to ignore the laser toy from afar, letting me
know that he KNOWS where the Red Bug is coming from, and he is ABOVE
such unsightly behavior. But then the toy moves the Red Bug in a way
that suddenly gets him crouching. Then it's hilarious to see this
massive kitty run, pounce and then SLIDE on the hardwood floor in
pursuit of the Evil Red Bug; and then stop to wash himself to preserve
his DIGNITY.

Finally, I DID manage to get some video footage of the cats playing
with their automated Laser toy. Unfortunately I used my cell phone
camera and the lighting was crappy so the footage ended up kinda
dark. Their slaves are back from their cruise, so my pet-sitting
assignment is done. But I'm over there on occasion, so I'm sure I"ll
have many other chances to catch them on video, if possible.

Hope you've enjoyed these stories,

Kristi
Old February 8th 11, 01:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Mischief wrote:
Every day I'm there I turn on the automated laser toy for at least 5
minutes. Jarlaxle is SO funny. The way he chases and stalks and
pursues the Evil Red Bug, reminds me of Snoopy and the Red Baron.
"One day....I WILL get you...." And Jaina is SO cute. When she
pounces she mrrps a little bit. So she crouches and pounces the Evil
Red Bug, but letting out a small "Mrrp!" at the same time, like saying
"GOTCHA!" Westley tries to ignore the laser toy from afar, letting me
know that he KNOWS where the Red Bug is coming from, and he is ABOVE
such unsightly behavior. But then the toy moves the Red Bug in a way
that suddenly gets him crouching. Then it's hilarious to see this
massive kitty run, pounce and then SLIDE on the hardwood floor in
pursuit of the Evil Red Bug; and then stop to wash himself to preserve
his DIGNITY.

Kitties who keep a running commentary going and perform kitty kiai are
certainly very cute!