Sabra Update

Old May 11th 05, 01:41 AM

Default Sabra Update

The news is not good.

Took him to the vet yesterday for bloodwork. He was dehydrated and
got fluids. He has cataracts and some other eye problem of old age.
His weight is down to 7.44 pounds. They had a difficult time drawing
blood from him, because his veins are so thin and fragile.

Got the bloodwork back today. One of his liver enzymes is elevated,
he is anemic, and his blood counts are way off. I took him back in
for some fluids and penicillin. We're trying an appetite stimulant,
Nutri-Cal, Laxatone, and antibiotics on the off chance he has a
systemic infection, but both the vets and I suspect he has cancer.
The one vet suspects, because of the bloodwork, that it is a lymphoma.

After I brought him home tonight, he was walking and started crying
and suddenly couldn't walk right. His legs were warm, so it doesn't
appear he threw a clot, but I have no idea what is wrong. He still
won't eat, at this point, at all. I don't think he has much longer
left with us, even though I am hoping against hope that somehow, it
really is just an infection and the antibiotics will clear it up.

Purrs, please, if you can spare any, for my baby Sabra.

In tears,

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)
Old May 11th 05, 02:56 AM
Howard Berkowitz

In article ,
wrote:

[...]

{{{{{Ginger-Lynn}}}}}
purrs to Sabra from Mr. Clark, Rhonda, and Ding.

I know Mr. Clark, on sensing anyone in distress, would put a paw on each
shoulder in a kitty hug, thoroughly wash your nose, and then curl his
17+ pounds around Sabra. The big guy is a born nurse.
Old May 11th 05, 03:56 AM
Sam Nash

wrote in message
news
The news is not good.

snipped
Purrs, please, if you can spare any, for my baby Sabra.

In tears,

Ginger-lyn

Of course, Ginger-lyn. Purrs on the way.
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Old May 11th 05, 06:29 AM
Melissa Houle

SNIP
After I brought him home tonight, he was walking and started crying
and suddenly couldn't walk right. His legs were warm, so it doesn't
appear he threw a clot, but I have no idea what is wrong. He still
won't eat, at this point, at all. I don't think he has much longer
left with us, even though I am hoping against hope that somehow, it
really is just an infection and the antibiotics will clear it up.

Purrs, please, if you can spare any, for my baby Sabra.

In tears,

Ginger-lyn

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR,

And hugs to you,
from
Melissa
Panther
Francesca and
Nina

Old May 11th 05, 10:06 PM
polonca12000

Lots of purrs and best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

wrote in message
news
The news is not good.

Took him to the vet yesterday for bloodwork. He was dehydrated and
got fluids. He has cataracts and some other eye problem of old age.
His weight is down to 7.44 pounds. They had a difficult time drawing
blood from him, because his veins are so thin and fragile.

Got the bloodwork back today. One of his liver enzymes is elevated,
he is anemic, and his blood counts are way off. I took him back in
for some fluids and penicillin. snip