Help: *Female cat spraying!! (2/3)

Old November 15th 03, 01:46 AM
Scott

Default Help: *Female cat spraying!! (2/3)

Part 2 coming.....

I have 4 cats, ALL female. Two oldest ones are sisters (same litter,
age 6 1/2). Those two moved with my girlfriend and I from NJ to FL in
August 2000. While in Florida, we got our third cat who is now 3 1/2
and then our fourth cat who is now 2 1/2. After all the new-smell
introductions, hissing and dominance indications, everyone really gets
along well. We often wake up with all four on the bed!! Anyway, all
are spayed and healthy.

Our move from NJ to FL in August 2000 was to an apartment for a year
where there was NO spraying. Our second move from the apartment to a
townhouse was when the spraying started in December 2001. We took her
to the vet and it does NOT seem to be a medical problem but more
behavorial. Also doesn't seem to have to do with a litter box problem
either as she tends to spray *targets*--an empty box, mat, jacket
mistakenly left on the floor, papers on a table.

....Part 3 coming....

--
PLEASE remove the "NODAMNSPAM" from my email to reply....thanks!!
Old November 15th 03, 03:43 PM
Judy F

I have a female cat that does the same thing. She pees on anything we leave
on counters, the floor etc. She does prefer papers and magazines...We
adopted her from a shelter, so I have no way of knowing what her early life
was like. I've taken her to the vet and there is no urinary infection or
problem. I find that it gets worse and better, and I think it has to do with
stress (like after the painter came, it was worse). I'd be really interested
if other people have this problem and if there's anything that can be done.
Judy F

Old November 16th 03, 12:15 AM
Sherry

I have a female cat that does the same thing. She pees on anything we leave
on counters, the floor etc. She does prefer papers and magazines...We
adopted her from a shelter, so I have no way of knowing what her early life
was like. I've taken her to the vet and there is no urinary infection or
problem. I find that it gets worse and better, and I think it has to do with
stress (like after the painter came, it was worse). I'd be really interested
if other people have this problem and if there's anything that can be done.
Judy F

I have one who insisted on peeing on towels, or other soft things. This was 11
years ago. I still have him, and he still pees on towels.. only now I keep a
special stash of old towels, fold a clean one next to the litterbox every day
and he uses it faithfully. I have no idea why he does it. He's never had any
urinary problems, and he's the only cat I ever had that I *know* his history,
and he was never mistreated a day in his life. Only now we're both happy. He
gets tto pee on a towel, and I don't fuss because he's wee-weed on something
good. "If you can't beat 'em, join em." LOL

Sherry

Old November 16th 03, 04:14 PM
Judy F

I have kind of done something like that, since Jessie really likes to pee on
papers of any kind, I've put litter boxes with newspapers (one of her
favorites) in the spots she chooses most. She does pee in those, but any
papers left accidentally around are still fair game...

Judy F