Ranger kitten progress

Old May 14th 05, 01:11 AM
Dan and Nancy Mahoney

Default Ranger kitten progress

Though the last week has been rather stressful, it has also been
refreshing. Through the doctor visits and car crash and insurance
battles, I've been able to come home and spend time with Nancy and the
kitties.

Harri has been making fantastic progress. She now gets along fine with
everybody, including Ranger. Harri likes to hop into the bathtub to
relax, as it's nice and cool. Ranger has taken to joining her there, and
they are able to not snarl and wrestle as soon as Ranger jumps in.

Ranger is still a tiny, tiny little thing. Though she's been here for
two weeks, she's still just 8 weeks old. The folks Nancy rescued her
from took her away from mom-cat way too early, but our other kitties
have been a good job of teaching her the things she needed to learn from
momcat.

Ranger seems to chosen Samuel as her favorite play-buddy. It is quite
amusing to see a little grey ball of fluff that hardly comes up to
Sammy's chest run at him and attack. But gentle Sam, being the gentlecat
that he is, puts up with it.

Ranger is also quite a snuggler. The nights that I stay up after Nancy
goes to bed, Ranger climbs up on me and we finger wrestle. After she
gets tired of that she smurgles my right earlobe. Always the right one,
never the left. And unlike Samuel, she makes slurping and smacking
noises while she smurgles. Nothing like hearing a little tiny kitten
purring loudly while sucking and slurping on your ear! When she gets
tired of my earlobe, or when it finally becomes too ticklish for me to
stand any more, she moves on to sucking on my right eyelid. That feels
very strange.

Finally, when I can't stand any more smurgling anywhere on my face she
will lie down in my arms and smurgle on the inside of my elbow or the
bottom of the sleeve of my t-shirt. She is suck a sloppy little kitten
that within minutes the hem of my t-shirt is soaked with kittem slobber.
Quite messy, but quite adorable too. Finally, when she's all smurgled
out, she just lies her head down and goes to sleep. If I squirm or
fidget too much she will give me a very agrieved "meeeeeeeew" that
translates roughly as "I wa sleeping!".

I'd say that Nancy picked well.
Old May 14th 05, 01:57 AM
Karen

in article , Dan and Nancy Mahoney at
wrote on 5/13/05 7:11 PM:

[...]

How nice!! It has to just about make up for all the trouble that is keeping
you home

Old May 14th 05, 02:30 AM
Irulan

Dan, you're just a softie. Stay home and be the best Daddy to the bitties.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old May 14th 05, 03:05 AM
Victor Martinez

Awww....

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old May 14th 05, 03:59 AM
Dan and Nancy Mahoney

Irulan wrote:
Dan, you're just a softie. Stay home and be the best Daddy to the bitties.
Jazz & his mama

That's definitely the plan! I feel really good about Monday's interview
- I'm feeling confident that it will go well.

Dan
Old May 14th 05, 11:20 AM
hobbs

Did you have a crash Dan I haven't been doing much since my new
Grand-Daughter was born as I have been running {ahem, I mean
crawling }up and down from the Hospital, If you or Nancy need
Purrs you have them Jean.P.

Old May 14th 05, 11:24 AM
hobbs

By the way I gather that you also have a new baby {of a different kind }
welcome to the club, Ranger sounds cute, Does Harri get jealous?
Jean.P.

Old May 14th 05, 03:01 PM
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 13 May 2005 17:11:49 -0700, Dan and Nancy Mahoney
yodeled:

Though the last week has been rather stressful, it has also been
refreshing. Through the doctor visits and car crash and insurance
battles, I've been able to come home and spend time with Nancy and the
kitties.

Harri has been making fantastic progress. She now gets along fine with
everybody, including Ranger. Harri likes to hop into the bathtub to
relax, as it's nice and cool. Ranger has taken to joining her there, and
they are able to not snarl and wrestle as soon as Ranger jumps in.

Ranger is still a tiny, tiny little thing. Though she's been here for
two weeks, she's still just 8 weeks old.

Pictures! Show me pictures of the smurgling fuzzball!!!!

Theresa