The curse of the toilet paper monster.....

Old December 14th 05, 01:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default The curse of the toilet paper monster.....

My cats like to join me or my brother in the bathroom when we're going
through the evening routines. Last night, Jay, my brother, was shaving.
He wet shaves using foam and a razor. His "Baby girl", Lily was
supervising from the side of the sink.

He dropped a dollop of shaving foam on the floor by accident, so grabbed
some toilet paper to wipe it up. Lily FREAKED. The toilet paper coming
off the toilet roll was too much for her to bear. She puffed up, hissed
at Jay and the toilet roll, and promptly fell in the sink of soapy
water. Apparently, cats can levitate - or certainly Lily can. She was
out of that sink of soapy water faster than greased lightening. She then
set about systematically shredding the toilet paper in the toilet roll
holder and beating the crap out of it. She didn't hold back - she was
very scared by it.

HRFL Tiger went to see what all the fuss was about. Lily was still
freaked, but bless him, HRFL walked up to her and gave her a lick. Lily
stopped what she was doing, HRFL then sniffed the toilet paper, clearly
said something to Lily, she then relaxed and sniffed it herself, he
licked her head and Lily "un-puffed" and calmed down. Jay said he'd
never seen anything quite like it.

HRFL has taken to playing with Lily a lot, and if he sees her beginning
to pester the other two girls (Cleo and Pandora) he distracts her and
plays with her himself. He puts up with being pounced on, having his
tail bitten and chewed, having his ears chewed and pulled and his dinner
being pinched - all by Lily.

Jay has asked that rather than her go to Stuttgart, that instead,
because she's becoming such fast friends with the other cats, that I
hold on to her and she stays at Chez Miles because then he'll see her
more often, because he's home in Cardiff more than Germany.

Of course....it was a really tough decision for me to say yes!! ;o)

Helen M

Old December 14th 05, 01:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Helen Miles wrote:
[...]

Awww, Tiger has a soft spot (promise not to tell). That is soooo
sweet.

Jay has asked that rather than her go to Stuttgart, that instead,
because she's becoming such fast friends with the other cats, that I
hold on to her and she stays at Chez Miles because then he'll see her
more often, because he's home in Cardiff more than Germany.

Of course....it was a really tough decision for me to say yes!! ;o)

I was wondering how you were going to manage the separation. Glad to
hear it won't be happening too soon.

Helen M

Old December 14th 05, 02:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Helen Miles" wrote

Jay has asked that rather than her go to Stuttgart, that instead,
because she's becoming such fast friends with the other cats, that I
hold on to her and she stays at Chez Miles because then he'll see her
more often, because he's home in Cardiff more than Germany.

Of course....it was a really tough decision for me to say yes!! ;o)

well, I'll go to the foot of our stairs!

That's the most astonishing and unexpected turn of events I've ever heard of
:-)

Concatulations to all concerned. But won't Jay's SO be upset?

Purrs
Gordon & the FF

Old December 14th 05, 02:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:0f5fde114cdc3d992f614c4fd022e28d.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
My cats like to join me or my brother in the bathroom when we're going
through the evening routines. Last night, Jay, my brother, was shaving.
He wet shaves using foam and a razor. His "Baby girl", Lily was
supervising from the side of the sink.

My cats are also fascinated and horrified that I like to play in water! ;

He dropped a dollop of shaving foam on the floor by accident, so grabbed
some toilet paper to wipe it up. Lily FREAKED. The toilet paper coming
off the toilet roll was too much for her to bear. She puffed up, hissed
at Jay and the toilet roll, and promptly fell in the sink of soapy
water. Apparently, cats can levitate - or certainly Lily can. She was
out of that sink of soapy water faster than greased lightening. She then
set about systematically shredding the toilet paper in the toilet roll
holder and beating the crap out of it. She didn't hold back - she was
very scared by it.

LOL! Poor baby, attacked by a roll of toilet paper. Sammy would have loved
to be there to help her subdue the monster.

HRFL Tiger went to see what all the fuss was about. Lily was still
freaked, but bless him, HRFL walked up to her and gave her a lick. Lily
stopped what she was doing, HRFL then sniffed the toilet paper, clearly
said something to Lily, she then relaxed and sniffed it herself, he
licked her head and Lily "un-puffed" and calmed down. Jay said he'd
never seen anything quite like it.

HRFL has taken to playing with Lily a lot, and if he sees her beginning
to pester the other two girls (Cleo and Pandora) he distracts her and
plays with her himself. He puts up with being pounced on, having his
tail bitten and chewed, having his ears chewed and pulled and his dinner
being pinched - all by Lily.

AWWWWWWWWW! HRFL Tiger is a true gentlecat!

Jay has asked that rather than her go to Stuttgart, that instead,
because she's becoming such fast friends with the other cats, that I
hold on to her and she stays at Chez Miles because then he'll see her
more often, because he's home in Cardiff more than Germany.

Of course....it was a really tough decision for me to say yes!! ;o)

Of course - you finally accepted your fate, kicking and screaming the whole
time, I'm sure! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Helen M

Old December 14th 05, 02:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Helen Miles wrote:
snip
Jay has asked that rather than her go to Stuttgart, that instead,
because she's becoming such fast friends with the other cats, that I
hold on to her and she stays at Chez Miles because then he'll see her
more often, because he's home in Cardiff more than Germany.

Of course....it was a really tough decision for me to say yes!! ;o)

I'm sure you really didn't want to keep her. ;o)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old December 14th 05, 03:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Exocat" wrote in message

Concatulations to all concerned. But won't Jay's SO be upset?///

Jay is the bigger cat lover of the two, and I think to Anne, the idea
sounded fabulous in principle but then she realised what long hours she
works, the fact that Lily would be cooped up on her own all day without
company in a small appartment, and coupled with the fact Anne travels a
lot it wouldn't be the best life style choice for an over friendly
hyperactive kitten..

Helen M

Old December 14th 05, 04:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

oh, what a difficult decision, indeed!
Glad Baby Lily is staying with you. I'm sure HRFL Tiger will also be very
happy.
Lily (USA) and her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old December 14th 05, 11:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Exocat" wrote in message

"Helen Miles" wrote

Jay has asked that rather than her go to Stuttgart, that instead,
because she's becoming such fast friends with the other cats, that I
hold on to her and she stays at Chez Miles because then he'll see her
more often, because he's home in Cardiff more than Germany.

Of course....it was a really tough decision for me to say yes!! ;o)

well, I'll go to the foot of our stairs!

My grandfather used to say that, it's the first time I've heard anyone else
say it!

Tweed

Old December 14th 05, 11:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Helen Miles wrote:

HRFL Tiger went to see what all the fuss was about. Lily was still
freaked, but bless him, HRFL walked up to her and gave her a lick. Lily
stopped what she was doing, HRFL then sniffed the toilet paper, clearly
said something to Lily, she then relaxed and sniffed it herself, he
licked her head and Lily "un-puffed" and calmed down.

Wow! What a good daddy Tiger is! That's really sweet. "Cat culture" in
action!

Joyce
Old December 15th 05, 03:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 13:01:21 +0000 (UTC), "Helen Miles"
wrote:

That is a remarkable story. A clear case of abstract comunication and
reassurance. And I would love to have seen fierce little Lily
attacking the paper monster!

--
CATherine

a strip of toilet paper and yepp Cat anecdotes 13 March 17th 05 04:25 PM
Toilet Paper Eater PewterCat Cat health & behaviour 36 June 21st 04 03:26 PM
cat proof toilet paper holder? Joe Pitt Cats - misc 16 January 9th 04 04:02 AM
B & C - Paper Bev Cat anecdotes 5 October 18th 03 07:17 PM
toilet paper 2 Byron & Christine Burel Cat anecdotes 5 August 17th 03 04:09 AM