Safe bug spray?

Old October 31st 13, 06:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

Default Safe bug spray?

chaniarts wrote:
On 10/29/2013 2:48 PM, Bill Graham wrote:
buglady wrote:
On 10/28/2013 2:13 PM, Rhino wrote:

I'll have to see if the local university has an
entomologist. I'm not sure how reliable pest control companies are
in determining what species are involved.
...................Depends on the company and the person. And
you're right, they'd probably use a Kill Them All! approach.

Along these lines (as long as we are on the subject) I have always
wondered why, when they tent a building, they don't just fill it with
dry nitrogen. It woulod suffocate everything that is living, and
leave no poisonous residue to adversely affect those who must
reenter and live there.

tenting is not air tight.

True, but after two or three bottles of N2, over the course of a day or
more, all the leakage would be N2 going out and none would be O2 going in,
and everything living would die. Nitrogen is cheap, (the air is almost 80%
nitrogen) and nothing can survive without oxygen for a day or more. It is
environmentally safe. It would kill all bugs except for those few who have
developed the capacity to create their own little air bubbles, as some larva
can do, and these usually survive the insecticides anyway.

Old October 31st 13, 06:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

T wrote:
In article , weg9
@comcast.net says...

buglady wrote:
On 10/28/2013 2:13 PM, Rhino wrote:

I'll have to see if the local university has an
entomologist. I'm not sure how reliable pest control companies are
in determining what species are involved.
...................Depends on the company and the person. And
you're right, they'd probably use a Kill Them All! approach.

Along these lines (as long as we are on the subject) I have always
wondered why, when they tent a building, they don't just fill it
with dry nitrogen. It woulod suffocate everything that is living,
and leave no poisonous residue to adversely affect those who must
reenter and live there.

Good idea. Get some funding and startup a chain.

No, chains would be too expensive. You would need several thousand of them,
and they would have to be very small.... JUST KIDDING!!