"Science Diet" Hairball Control Sensitivity

Old October 19th 03, 06:19 PM
Alaininsd

Default "Science Diet" Hairball Control Sensitivity

Hello All!

We've got two tabbies, Spirit and Angel, each is about 3 years of age.
They both eat the same food but Angel has an on-again, off-again
sensitivity to the above food. Sometimes she'll go two weeks without
vomiting, another time it's twice a day! It always comes up yellow...so
we presume it's the food.

Is there another food, with "hairball control" that we can give her that
you'd recommend? We groom her regularly; without the hairball control
she vomits hairballs. You see, she grooms her sister, as well. Spirit
grooms Angel too, but apparently is not as sensitive.

We also give them "Eucanuba Lamb and Rice" which they both love and keep
down. For weekend treat, they love the "Fancy Feast" in the tin that we
give them. Angel keeps that down as well. It's only when we mix a small
ammount of the Science Diet with the Eucanuba, that Angel gets sick. All
suggestions will be most gratefully received!

Many thanks for taking the time to respond!

Lois

Old October 19th 03, 06:58 PM
Larry Osborne

Are you sure the sensitivity is to the Science Diet Hairball formulation?
From your description, the sensitivity could be the Eucanuba, largely, as
you mention that the sensitivity only seems to occur when the Eucanuba and
the Science Diet are mixed. You state that the effect doesn't occur with
the other food / brand mixes.

Larry Osborne

Old October 19th 03, 08:13 PM
PawsForThought

From: Alaininsd

They both eat the same food but Angel has an on-again, off-again
sensitivity to the above food. Sometimes she'll go two weeks without
vomiting, another time it's twice a day! It always comes up yellow...so
we presume it's the food.

My previous cats got sick on Science Diet too

Is there another food, with "hairball control" that we can give her that
you'd recommend? We groom her regularly; without the hairball control
she vomits hairballs. You see, she grooms her sister, as well. Spirit
grooms Angel too, but apparently is not as sensitive.

We also give them "Eucanuba Lamb and Rice" which they both love and keep
down. For weekend treat, they love the "Fancy Feast" in the tin that we
give them. Angel keeps that down as well. It's only when we mix a small
ammount of the Science Diet with the Eucanuba, that Angel gets sick. All
suggestions will be most gratefully received!

I would recommend Wellness, Felidae or Innova. I'm sure one of them probably
has a hairball control formula. I would also recommend feeding a canned diet
rather than just dry food. Just remember when you introduce a new food, you
should do it slowly by adding just a very small amount of new and mix it in
with the old food.

Good luck,
Lauren
________
See my cats:
http://community.webshots.com/album/56955940rWhxAe
Old October 19th 03, 08:13 PM
PawsForThought

Old October 19th 03, 11:45 PM
Phil P.

"PawsForThought" wrote in message

My previous cats got sick on Science Diet too

Don't mind Lauren, she has an obsession with Science Diet and conjures up
built-to-suit "experiences" and fabricated "me too" stories for any negative
post about Science Diet. If someone said Science Diet gave their
tyrannosaurus rex diarrhea Lauren would conjure up a "me too" story about
how SD gave her T-Rex diarrhea too!

Old October 20th 03, 12:06 AM
rrb_091903

We also give them "Eucanuba Lamb and Rice" which they both love and keep
down. For weekend treat, they love the "Fancy Feast" in the tin that we
give them. Angel keeps that down as well. It's only when we mix a small
ammount of the Science Diet with the Eucanuba, that Angel gets sick. All
suggestions will be most gratefully received!

How often do you mix the science diet in with the Eucanaba? If it is
more often then she vomits then it could be the Eucanaba. I presume you
have mentioned the vomiting to your vet? If not you should. As far as
hairball control foods both Nutro and Iams among others make hairball
control foods.

Old October 20th 03, 02:20 AM
-L.

Alaininsd wrote in message ...
Hello All!

We've got two tabbies, Spirit and Angel, each is about 3 years of age.
They both eat the same food but Angel has an on-again, off-again
sensitivity to the above food. Sometimes she'll go two weeks without
vomiting, another time it's twice a day! It always comes up yellow...so
we presume it's the food.

Is there another food, with "hairball control" that we can give her that
you'd recommend?

NutroMax. Make sure kitty drinks plenty of water.

-L.