ADIVCE ON HOW TO CATCH A OVERLY TIMID CAT

Old December 25th 06, 12:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

Default ADIVCE ON HOW TO CATCH A OVERLY TIMID CAT

one of our own cats,until I was satisfied that I wouldn't get it
wrong,or hurt her in any way.At 9.30,I heated some canned cat meat up,
then as sure as eggs are eggs,she turned up @ 9.45 to see what was on
offer today.I waited until I could see that she was clearly in the
trap, then triggered it

I don't understand. If you were using a Tru-Catch the cat would have
triggered the trap when she stepped on the trip plate- you didn't have to
tigger it. How did you trigger it??

I have just read through it again,& now understand why you thought I
triggered it.I should have said, once she was fully inside, *she
triggered it* whilst I watched from the kitchen window,lol!My
mistake,soz!
Just been out to see her again, & she pressed against the wall of the
pen,but wasn't nearly so angry today &allowed me to fill her bowl,then
fell on it with with a favour & passion too,which also means she took
this mornings antibiotics fine which is brill news isn't it?
& went straight out to see that she was

Great news! Well done! You've probably saved her life- and many more lives
after she's neutered.

Hey thanks,but never forget that it was you that gave me the confidence
to try!
I will give you updates as it happens too.Have a good xmas!
Sheelagh
Phil

Old December 25th 06, 01:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
addicted

Phil P. wrote:

I don't understand.

read with your heart, not your eyes
she's thick fingered Phil, don't make her conscientious about it

Old December 25th 06, 01:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

addicted wrote:
Phil P. wrote:

I don't understand.

read with your heart, not your eyes
she's thick fingered Phil, don't make her conscientious about it

Thank you Barry)
S.

Old December 25th 06, 02:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
addicted

sheelagh wrote:

she's thick fingered Phil, don't make her conscientious about it

Thank you Barry)
S.

I see you found the cap lock key

lmao

I LOVE IT
DON'T PAY ME NO MIND

I GOTTA GET DRESSED AND TRUCK ACROSS THE RIDGE TO DINNER

it's raining, so I have to cover up my truck load of presents. JUST
KIDDING

WE AIN'T GOT NO GAS CAUSE WE AINT GOT NO MONEY

i thought about stealing some money last night, but then I pictured
sitting in the downtown jail. so I just came on back to the house. you
know.. take a sledge hammer to a few pay phones! (i was riding around
with a sledge hammer, lmao)

Old December 25th 06, 02:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

addicted wrote:
sheelagh wrote:

she's thick fingered Phil, don't make her conscientious about it

Thank you Barry)
S.

I see you found the cap lock key

yup!
lmao

I LOVE IT
DON'T PAY ME NO MIND

I won't from now on.I know you just love it...winding people up keeps
you smiling, the trick is not to fall for it...I took me a couple of
weeks to figure it out,but I'm there now)
I GOTTA GET DRESSED AND TRUCK ACROSS THE RIDGE TO DINNER

you can come here if you want to, just don't use British Airways-I
think they are still 3days behind on flightsloadsa very angry people
in london right now
it's raining, so I have to cover up my truck load of presents. JUST
KIDDING

It took all of 10minutes to kill a years hard savings this morning,I
think it cou;ld be either a bit overated,or we simply lost the true
meaning nower days!
WE AIN'T GOT NO GAS CAUSE WE AINT GOT NO MONEY

i thought about stealing some money last night, but then I pictured
sitting in the downtown jail. so I just came on back to the house. you
know.. take a sledge hammer to a few pay phones! (i was riding around
with a sledge hammer, lmao)

I am ever so glad you didn't, your cops sound pretty mean over there
when it comes to tolerance for antisocial behaviour-am I right?
S.

Old December 29th 06, 01:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

"sheelagh" wrote in message
ups.com...

one of our own cats,until I was satisfied that I wouldn't get it
wrong,or hurt her in any way.At 9.30,I heated some canned cat meat up,
then as sure as eggs are eggs,she turned up @ 9.45 to see what was on
offer today.I waited until I could see that she was clearly in the
trap, then triggered it

I don't understand. If you were using a Tru-Catch the cat would have
triggered the trap when she stepped on the trip plate- you didn't have

tigger it. How did you trigger it??

I have just read through it again,& now understand why you thought I
triggered it.I should have said, once she was fully inside, *she
triggered it* whilst I watched from the kitchen window,lol!My
mistake,soz!

No- its my mistake. Your statement was clear.

I asked how you triggered the trap because some people have trouble setting
the trigger bar on Tru-Catch traps and just prop open the trap door with a
stick with a string tied around it. When the cat enters the trap they pull
the stick out and the door closes. This is easy to do with Tru-Catch traps
because the trap door is attached to the end of the trap and opens all the
way out. With other traps, the trap door is almost completely inside the
trap.

Just been out to see her again, & she pressed against the wall of the
pen,but wasn't nearly so angry today &allowed me to fill her bowl,then
fell on it with with a favour & passion too,which also means she took
this mornings antibiotics fine which is brill news isn't it?

I guess so!

& went straight out to see that she was

Great news! Well done! You've probably saved her life- and many more

lives
after she's neutered.

Hey thanks,but never forget that it was you that gave me the confidence
to try!

Don't sell yourself short. You had the motivation and desire followed with
effort and determination.

I will give you updates as it happens too.Have a good xmas!
Sheelagh

Thanks. I did- and a belated Merry Christmas to you.

Phil

Old December 29th 06, 05:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Fri, 29 Dec 2006 13:53:47 GMT, "Phil P." wrote:

Don't sell yourself short. You had the motivation and desire followed
with effort and determination.

worth repeating!

--
Lynne

Old December 29th 06, 09:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

Don't sell yourself short. You had the motivation and desire followed
with effort and determination.

worth repeating!

--
Lynne

Thanks Lynne.
I have just been out there to go and see how she is doing.She looks
good.We go tommorow to have the rest of the stitches taken out.I am
looking forward to seeing how she gets on once they are out.I have
decided not to let her go just yet too.I was worride that I wasn't
getting anywhere with this young lady....but just when I was about to
throw the towel in,she came up to me today as I took her fresh water &
food, & she must have had an incling of what I was thinking cuz she
gave me a nice little head butt then a semi leg weave before backing
off & waiting for the food to be put down.Antibiotics are all finished
now as well.

Once the horride neck lamp comes off( the thing that the vet uses to
stop her nibbeling at her wounds?Any idea what they are called?).The
kids have called her Lucy(furr),ROFLOL.
She iss much better with my little girl for some reason.Maybe an adult
has hurt her in the past?She does not like men, that is for sure!!I
think I sam going to keep Lucy(furr) for another week and see how it
goes, then take it from there.....

OT.I was reading about your little girl,.I hope that she gets better
soon too.Cant have been much fun spending the whole holiday indoors?
S)

Old December 29th 06, 09:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

[...]

Hi, thanks and same to you too.

I was just telling Lynne that we take her to have her stitches took out
tomorrow.I was on the verge of letting her go tomorrow, but when I went
in to see how she was today & to give her the last of her antibiotic's,
she stood out of the way very politley,allowed me right in, then must
have read my mind...Then she gave me tiny little head butt, then a semi
leg weave & got on with her food.She is being spayed tomorrow too.

After I take her to clinic tomorrow,I have decided to keep her for a
further few day's,possibly a week, to see how she gets on.I think that
she could do with the rest and recovery time, & hopefully she might
even calm down a bit further .My kids all help with the cats, & they
have given her a name-we couldn't keep calling her cat!!So they came up
with Lucy(furr!!)It seemed so apt & made me laugh too)So,
Lucy(furr),It is.

Tilly, my youngest one(10),seems to have devleoped a good relationship
with her now.L will allow her to pet her & even sit down in the run
with her whilst she eats, then she purr's her little head off, for
Tilly.I figured that one more week wouldn't hurt her or us either for
that matter, & If she manages to calm down just a little bit more, then
I will be happy to release her & allow her to come and go as she
pleases.As long as she is spayed, then there is only her to think
about;rather than her & her the feeding of the 25,000 kittens too.

She is now frontlined,wormed with drontal & combed through by Tilly I
might add.Her future Is looking a bit brighter as each day passes.I
can't help but feel a little bit more optomistic that we might even
manage to rehome her too.I had a lady come by today who wanted a
kitten, but when she saw Lucy(furr),she asked about her.I have
explained that she has a few issue's to work through & she is prepared
to give her a month to see If we can get her to accept *being belonged
to*..Owned would be an inapropriate word I think.
Here is to high hopes for her!!
Thanks Phil.
S)

Old December 29th 06, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Fri, 29 Dec 2006 21:29:20 GMT, "sheelagh"
wrote:

I have just been out there to go and see how she is doing.She looks
good.We go tommorow to have the rest of the stitches taken out.I am
looking forward to seeing how she gets on once they are out.I have
decided not to let her go just yet too.I was worride that I wasn't
getting anywhere with this young lady....but just when I was about to
throw the towel in,she came up to me today as I took her fresh water &
food, & she must have had an incling of what I was thinking cuz she
gave me a nice little head butt then a semi leg weave before backing
off & waiting for the food to be put down.Antibiotics are all finished
now as well.

I'm so glad she is healing and coming around to realize that some humans
are trustworthy! I still cannot believe someone left that poor girl with
a collar that she couldn't escape and also one that would become too
small for her as she grew. ARGH!

Once the horride neck lamp comes off( the thing that the vet uses to
stop her nibbeling at her wounds?Any idea what they are called?)

E-collar, where the e in this case stands for Elizabethan (as opposed to
electronic). They are also called cone collars sometimes, and probably a
lot of other stuff, too.

The
kids have called her Lucy(furr),ROFLOL.

I LOVE THAT NAME! I wanted to name Rudy Lucifer but my daughter wouldn't
hear of it.

She iss much better with my little girl for some reason.Maybe an adult
has hurt her in the past?She does not like men, that is for sure!!I
think I sam going to keep Lucy(furr) for another week and see how it
goes, then take it from there.....

I wonder if it's just the size of your daughter that makes her feel less
threatened? Roxy, my dog, is very wary of men in our home, even though I
know for a fact she has never been abused by one. I think their size
intimidates her. (Oddly, when we are out--no matter where--nothing
intimidates her!)

OT.I was reading about your little girl,.I hope that she gets better
soon too.Cant have been much fun spending the whole holiday indoors?
S)

Thank you, Sheelagh. We found out yesterday that on top of the mono she
also has strep throat. She started antibiotics last evening and is
starting to perk up a bit. Thank goodness! Her holiday has been
miserable and it truly sucks being stuck at home, but now that her fever
is down and she's eating a bit, I'm feeling more relaxed.

--
Lynne