Apologies to group, especially Pat

Old July 21st 07, 01:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

Default Bottled Water (WAS: Apologies to group, especially Pat)

On Jul 20, 7:03 pm, wrote:
Baha via CatKB.com u18616@uwe wrote:

The vinegar really brings out the red in auburn hair too.

Are you guys talking about plain, garden-variety white vinegar? I didn't
know this - I have to try it.

Joyce

I think it is apple cider vinegar. Make sure you dilute it with water
first. Otherwise I think it is too acidic for the hair.

Winnie

Old July 21st 07, 01:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 17:15:41 +0000, Baha via CatKB.com wrote:

The vinegar really brings out the red in auburn hair too.

Blessed be,
Baha

Adding a tablespoon of vinegar if you are brunette, or lemon juice if you
are blonde, to a bowl of warm water, then pouring it over your hair from
a jug as a final rinse after shampooing has the same effect, and gives
shine too.

Tweed

Tweed

Sherry

I remember a girl in high school who had platinum blond hair. She told me
she used the juice of seven lemons and left it on her hair for about half
an hour before washing it. I tried it once, but that lemon juice stung
like fury. MLB

Old July 21st 07, 01:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Jul 20, 8:19 pm, mlbriggs wrote:
On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 17:15:41 +0000, Baha via CatKB.com wrote:
The vinegar really brings out the red in auburn hair too.

Blessed be,
Baha

Adding a tablespoon of vinegar if you are brunette, or lemon juice if you
are blonde, to a bowl of warm water, then pouring it over your hair from
a jug as a final rinse after shampooing has the same effect, and gives
shine too.

Tweed

Tweed

Sherry

I remember a girl in high school who had platinum blond hair. She told me
she used the juice of seven lemons and left it on her hair for about half
an hour before washing it. I tried it once, but that lemon juice stung
like fury. MLB- Hide quoted text -

Seven lemons sounded like too many. I don't think all that acid is
good for the hair
You can try diluting the lemon juice with water first, or add it to
your final rinse of your hair.. I mix a bit of lemon juice with my
face cleanser to wash my face with in the morning. I read lemon juice
helps in fading freckles and age spots.

Winnie

Old July 21st 07, 01:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
badwilson

Joy wrote:
. ..

"Ketzl's Dad" wrote in message
. net...
On Jul 20, 2007, jmcquown wrote:

Ahem... I have to ask... why are you paying for a bottle of water?
You do
realize most bottled water is just tap water, right? Granted, some
places
tap water sucks in terms of taste. But selling bottled water is
someones
grand idea of a money making joke; wish I'd thought of it!

Tap water is far from palatable in some places, I would suspect,
notably, big
cities. New York water is reputed to be excellent, and in terms of
taste it's
very good. The problems arise from such things are very old lead
pipes in some buildings, and occasionally infestations of some
bacteria that may be
harmless to most people but not all.

Bottled water has its own set of inherent problems, recently
elaborated on in
a couple of news articles: all that plastic, a lot of which is not
being recycled; the production and transporting of all those
bottles require energy, as does their recycling.

I drink the tap water here, but I filter it through a tap filter,
and I reuse
bottles several times before sending to the recycle bin. Still, I
think a major rethinking is required; when I see all the TV spots
for "vitamin water"
and all those other energy drinks, I think, as you do, "what a
scam!" --
Joey Dee from NYC

Remember: It is To Laugh

a few Ketzl pix
http://tinyurl.com/2a5u8b

I buy bottled water to keep in the car when I'm traveling, and I
have some on hand for "emergencies" (Hurricane Rita went through
here -- I was without power for 7 days but there was no problem with
water). Other than that, I drink tap water -- and the tap water
here actually tastes very good.

MaryL

My sister lives in a small town in Alaska. The tap water there tastes
wonderful, and is also cold, too boot. I like it for drinking, since
I prefer my water ice cold. However, it's a bit of a shock in the
morning to wash your hands and face in ice water. ;-)

Joy

We are having the coolest little unit installed in our new house. When
you turn on the hot water tap, it takes the cold water that's sitting in
the pipes and recirculates it and heats it up instantly. Once it senses
that the actual hot water has reached the tap, the unit shuts off
automatically and you are on the "real" hot water. So you don't end up
wasting water while running your taps waiting for the hot water to
arrive.
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Old July 21st 07, 02:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucy's Mom

Oh, I'll have to keep that in mind....Are you a fellow red-head?

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 17:15:41 GMT, "Baha via CatKB.com" u18616@uwe
wrote:

The vinegar really brings out the red in auburn hair too.

Blessed be,
Baha

Adding a tablespoon of vinegar if you are brunette, or lemon juice if you
are blonde, to a bowl of warm water, then pouring it over your hair from a
jug as a final rinse after shampooing has the same effect, and gives shine
too.

Tweed

Tweed

Sherry

-- Eric, Kim and the Chigger Ranch Crew
Old July 21st 07, 06:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"badwilson" wrote in message
Joy wrote:
. ..

"Ketzl's Dad" wrote in message
[...]

That is cool! I never heard of such a thing, but I can see it would save a
lot of water. I hate wasting water while it warms up for a shower or
dishwashing.

Joy

Old July 21st 07, 07:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 17:15:41 +0000, Baha via CatKB.com wrote:

The vinegar really brings out the red in auburn hair too.

Blessed be,
Baha

Adding a tablespoon of vinegar if you are brunette, or lemon juice if you
are blonde, to a bowl of warm water, then pouring it over your hair from
a jug as a final rinse after shampooing has the same effect, and gives
shine too.

Tweed

Tweed

Sherry

I remember a girl in high school who had platinum blond hair. She told me
she used the juice of seven lemons and left it on her hair for about half
an hour before washing it. I tried it once, but that lemon juice stung
like fury. MLB

We used to put lemon juice in our hair before we went to the beach. Great
way to get sun streaks (and dry brittle hair)

Its nice to be grown up now and have a good colorist.

Jo

Old July 21st 07, 11:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
badwilson

Joy wrote:
"badwilson" wrote in message
Joy wrote:
. ..

"Ketzl's Dad" wrote in message
[...]

I had never heard of it either until I saw it on Today Tonight or some
such show that's on over here after the news. I think in Australia
saving water is a much bigger issue. Still, this is the first time our
builder has installed one in a house that he's built. But he thinks
it's great and is getting one retrofitted in his own house now.

Old July 21st 07, 04:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"badwilson" wrote in message

[...]

One of my dreams would to be to have a circulating pump on the hot water
line. Or even decent insulation on the hot water pipes under the house. Or
even one of those little instant boiling water units for the kitchen sink.

As it is the ice maker on the freezer has been broken for two years. Can't
interest Charlie in fixing it cause he likes bought ice.

So another dream purchase would be a refrigerator with a good ice maker and
a filter for the water that goes into the ice.

Jo

Old July 21st 07, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jul 21, 10:13 am, "jofirey" wrote:
"badwilson" wrote in message

[...]

Jo- Hide quoted text -

I could not *believe* how much I love my filtered water-icemaker. I
only got it last year and didn't
have an icemaker before that.

Sherry