Food thread

Old November 14th 10, 07:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default Food thread

How about a strange-things-my-cat(s)-will-eat thread? We haven't had one
of those for while.

I'll start with Mir, since her list is shorter:
- cheese
- yoghurt
- sweetcorn, preferably off the cob
- orange juice (yes, she's one of the few cats in the world who don't
mind citrus fruit)
She does NOT eat anything that comes packaged with a picture of a cat on
it, like dry or wet food, or cat treats. The only things manufactured
for cats that she will eat are her supplement pills. Those she regards
as treats, which is lucky for me, since the only food she eats is raw meat.

Then on to Caliban. Brace yourselves.
- anything dairy, cheese, yoghurt, milk (I use a low-lactose milk that
doesn't give him any problems, same with the yoghurt)
- cucumber (he begs for it, here's a short video of him eating the end
of a cucumber, but he was confused by the camera shoved in his face.
Usually he will eat a big piece like this in no time:
http://www.youtube.com/user/frankien.../1/HVOdb0a6AbY)
- tomato in any form, fresh, tinned or sundried (begs for this too)
- courgette (zucchini)
- bread
- potatoes, potato peel
- beet peel
- sweetcorn, off the cob, frozen, tinned, doesn't matter
- uncooked dry pasta, fresh pasta
- tinned beans, refried beans
- and anything that comes in a packet with a picture of a cat on it

Surprisingly, Mir likes catnip more than Caliban. Mir goes bonkers over
it, while Caliban just hunkers down and eats it.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Old November 14th 10, 07:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

lol, i was just thinking of writing about trudi, she eats dairy in most
forms, and a few meats if cooked, but the other day she made me laugh, on
the rpcc group she is the resident yenta, and she proved she is a jewish
kitty, she eats both dary and meat with no belly issues, even the full fat
full lactose items, but i gave her a tidbit of beef and later she drank the
juice off some cottage cheese after i had finished eating what i wanted,
threw it up all over, now i know it wasn't either one individuall as the day
before she ate almost four ounces of the cottage cheese and the day before
that dh fed her almost two ounces of the meat, no hurking, but put the meat
and dairy together ane up it came,

tv liked olives, tomatoes and cantalope, Tiger adored bread and pumpkin in
anyform.

Old November 14th 10, 09:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav[_2_]

"Marina" wrote in message
How about a strange-things-my-cat(s)-will-eat thread? We
haven't had one of those for while.
... on to Caliban. Brace yourselves.
- potatoes, potato peel...

Minstrel (RB) would appear out of nowhere as soon as anyone
started peeling spuds. He just loved the crunch of the raw
peelings.

--
MatSav

Old November 14th 10, 11:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

On 14/11/2010 11:41, Mischief wrote:

- Vanilla Ice Cream

Oh, I forgot ice cream. But I don't think I've ever met a cat who didn't
like icecream.

There was that time when Mir was still a kitten. She used to ride on my
shoulder all the time then. One time, I was sitting at a table, eating
ice cream from a bowl. Mir was sitting on my shoulder. As I was bringing
a spoonful of icecream towards my mouth, this little grey head suddenly
shot out between my face and the spoon. Mir seriously expected me to
just feed her the spoonful.

Old November 14th 10, 03:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Nov 14, 3:42*am, "MatSav" wrote:
"Marina" wrote in message

How about a strange-things-my-cat(s)-will-eat thread? We
haven't had one of those for while.
... on to Caliban. Brace yourselves.
- potatoes, potato peel...

Minstrel (RB) would appear out of nowhere as soon as anyone
started peeling spuds. He just loved the crunch of the raw
peelings.

--
MatSav

Rusty (RB) loved yogurt, butter. canned pumpkin. Other than that, he
only
ate prescription cat food for all his various health issues. His
latest was
cat food made from duck, and it sure smelled like duck. By then, only
canned pumpkin was the only non cat-food he got, as we were trying
to control his vomiting.
On this past Canadian Thanksgiving, I gave him some of my turkey,
as it was the night before his trip to RB.

Old November 14th 10, 04:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 08:15:18 +0200, Marina wrote:

How about a strange-things-my-cat(s)-will-eat thread? We haven't had one
of those for while.

Millie and Ozy like watermelon and corn.

Chloe is crazy about crackers (like Ritz, except whole wheat).

Dandy loves chicken, but only dark meat; Millie likes only white meat -
the others don't get a chance at (boneless) fried chicken scraps.

Chloe and Millie like chili hot dog sauce (home made).

Fleagor is partial to frogs. Chubby and CJ are crazy about birds, but of
the two, only Chubby can catch them - Dandy also favors them, but I don't
know if he can catch them. Most of the others will eat any kind of fresh
meat, especially if they catch it themselves.

Somebody unknown, but probably Millie, Curly, or Hilde, is so fond of
butter they she/he will eat it hot. I had a case of that this morning: I
was preparing frozen waffles and was melting some butter to pour over
them in a small bowl on top of the counter top oven. When I went to get
the butter, it was all gone - the bowl was completely clean, just
slightly greasy.

--
Ted Davis )
Old November 14th 10, 06:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

On 14/11/2010 16:07, Winnie wrote:

Rusty (RB) loved yogurt, butter. canned pumpkin. Other than that, he
only
ate prescription cat food for all his various health issues. His
latest was
cat food made from duck, and it sure smelled like duck. By then, only
canned pumpkin was the only non cat-food he got, as we were trying
to control his vomiting.
On this past Canadian Thanksgiving, I gave him some of my turkey,
as it was the night before his trip to RB.

The day before the vet was coming to put Frank to sleep, I spoiled him
with all kinds of delicacies; (cooked) chicken and shrimpies and
whatever he wanted. He vomited most of it right back up, but I still
think he enjoyed his treats. Also I didn't give him his meds for the
last couple of days, which I think he was thankful for, as that was a
struggle the last months.

Old November 14th 10, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

Marina wrote:
How about a strange-things-my-cat(s)-will-eat thread?

Abelard is the king of strange cravings here. Aside from his endless
yearning for any sort of seafood, he loves potatoes, broccoli,
cauliflower, brussels sprouts, corn, asparagus, green beans, zucchini,
chickpeas, green peas... IOW, veggies in general. If I would set a
place for him at the hoomin dinner table, he would be in 7th heaven.

Eli is fond of wheat bread, which must not be left where he can get
it.

Annabelle loves puffed rice and puffed millet.

Thread 10 hitchhiker Cats - misc 0 November 27th 08 10:12 PM
Thread 9 hitchhiker Cats - misc 0 November 27th 08 09:57 PM
Thread 7 hitchhiker Cats - misc 0 November 27th 08 09:50 PM
Thread 6 hitchhiker Cats - misc 0 November 27th 08 09:41 PM
Thread 5 hitchhiker Cats - misc 0 November 27th 08 09:30 PM