spring brushing

Old August 31st 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Helen Wheels

Default spring brushing

Spring is definitely on its way here. Tyler, my hairiest cat, is
shedding his winter coat as fast as he can. Yesterday I brushed him for
a good 15 minutes and removed what appeared to be at least half a cat.
Old August 31st 06, 01:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
badwilson

Helen Wheels wrote:
Spring is definitely on its way here. Tyler, my hairiest cat, is
shedding his winter coat as fast as he can. Yesterday I brushed him
for a good 15 minutes and removed what appeared to be at least half a
cat.

Yes, I have noticed that Vino is shedding a bit more too. Not too much
though because he's just recently grown a lot of the fur because it's so
much colder here than in Thailand. But he also seems to have more
hairballs in the last week or so. I can hear him hacking and coughing
sometimes at night. I'm feeding him some of that hairball jelly stuff
but he hates it.
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Old August 31st 06, 07:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

badwilson wrote:

Yes, I have noticed that Vino is shedding a bit more too. Not too much
though because he's just recently grown a lot of the fur because it's so
much colder here than in Thailand.

How is the boy? I mean, other than hacking up hairballs? Has his bald
spot grown in? Is he back to his normal energy level? Hope he's finally
over his ordeal!

Joyce
Old September 1st 06, 01:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Helen Wheels

badwilson wrote:
Helen Wheels wrote:

Spring is definitely on its way here. Tyler, my hairiest cat, is
shedding his winter coat as fast as he can. Yesterday I brushed him
for a good 15 minutes and removed what appeared to be at least half a
cat.

Yes, I have noticed that Vino is shedding a bit more too. Not too much
though because he's just recently grown a lot of the fur because it's so
much colder here than in Thailand. But he also seems to have more
hairballs in the last week or so. I can hear him hacking and coughing
sometimes at night. I'm feeding him some of that hairball jelly stuff
but he hates it.

Aw, poor little Vino. Please give him a little brush from me.
Old September 1st 06, 02:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
badwilson

Helen Wheels wrote:
badwilson wrote:
Helen Wheels wrote:

Spring is definitely on its way here. Tyler, my hairiest cat, is
shedding his winter coat as fast as he can. Yesterday I brushed him
for a good 15 minutes and removed what appeared to be at least half
a cat.

Yes, I have noticed that Vino is shedding a bit more too. Not too
much though because he's just recently grown a lot of the fur
because it's so much colder here than in Thailand. But he also
seems to have more hairballs in the last week or so. I can hear him
hacking and coughing sometimes at night. I'm feeding him some of
that hairball jelly stuff but he hates it.

Aw, poor little Vino. Please give him a little brush from me.

Thanks, I will :-) I actually brushed him outside in the yard last
Friday when it was so nice out. But since then I have worked every
single day. Today is my first day off because Dennis is coming home.
I'm off to Busselton to pick him up shortly. Vino will be in kitty
heaven very soon :-)

Old September 1st 06, 02:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
badwilson

wrote:
badwilson wrote:

Yes, I have noticed that Vino is shedding a bit more too. Not too
much though because he's just recently grown a lot of the fur
because it's so much colder here than in Thailand.

How is the boy? I mean, other than hacking up hairballs? Has his bald
spot grown in? Is he back to his normal energy level? Hope he's
finally over his ordeal!

Joyce

Yeah, he's much better. He's pretty much back to normal, although I'm
very anxious now and get worried about any little thing he does that
seems like he's having an off day.
His fur is growing in well, you can hardly notice that it's shorter on
his arms and on his throat. On his back it's very strange looking
because the area that was shaved around the abscess started growing in
first, and then the actual abscess area didn't start re-growth until a
few weeks later. The abscess area is now much darker too, kind of like
the tips of his fur, and the area around it is more cream coloured, the
colour of his undercoat. It will be interesting to see what happens or
if he will have a bullseye on his back forever.

Old September 1st 06, 08:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

badwilson wrote:

Yeah, he's much better. He's pretty much back to normal, although I'm
very anxious now and get worried about any little thing he does that
seems like he's having an off day.

Hmm.. maybe I should have asked if *you* have recovered from the
ordeal? :-/ I know it can be hard to get over something like that.

The abscess area is now much darker too, kind of like
the tips of his fur, and the area around it is more cream coloured, the
colour of his undercoat. It will be interesting to see what happens or
if he will have a bullseye on his back forever.

Oooo, a kitty version of a tattoo!

Joyce