Maxim Survives 18 Stories Fall in Chicago

Old August 19th 07, 12:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Robert Cohen

Default Maxim Survives 18 Stories Fall in Chicago

cat tail du jour, and i'm first

and a strikingly beautiful cat at that

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=4501

Old August 19th 07, 01:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Robert Cohen wrote:

cat tail du jour, and i'm first
and a strikingly beautiful cat at that

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=4501

Oh, my goodness!!

He is a beauty. I'm glad he's going to be OK. And that his slave's
friends are taking up a collection to pay the vet bill.

And now they'd better get higher quality screens!

Joyce
Old August 19th 07, 03:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Aug 18, 8:15 pm, wrote:

He is a beauty. I'm glad he's going to be OK. And that his slave's
friends are taking up a collection to pay the vet bill.

And now they'd better get higher quality screens!

Joyce

I live in a highrise and always fear that Rusty might
paw through the screens and fall. I have double windows and open them
such that Rusty can't get to the screens.
This means that the windows are never wide opened. Good thing I have A/
C for the summer. The winter is too cold here
to leave windows opened.

Winnie

Old August 19th 07, 05:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2007-08-18 18:58:43 -0500, Robert Cohen said:

cat tail du jour, and i'm first

and a strikingly beautiful cat at that

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=4501

Wow. I'm glad he will be OK. Scary as hell though. That is why I put
lattices up in the windows in my old apartment even though they had
screens. My coworkers nephew almost lost his bengal when the screen
gave out and he dropped two floors. He came home from work to find the
window screen busted out. Luckily a girl found him and he was OK. Scary.

Old August 19th 07, 07:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Robert Cohen wrote:
cat tail du jour, and i'm first

and a strikingly beautiful cat at that

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=4501

Boy did he use up one or two of his nine lives! Here's a vote for large
cats! (that's Persia, who will never, ever, live in a high rise). Purrs for
Maxim.

I'm pretty sure the friends will help pay the vet bills. I'd help if I
could but as it is I can't even pay for Persia's annual shots Lucky for
me she's an indoor kitty. The publicity for the vet alone ought to cause
the vet to at least cut the bill in half. You just can't buy advertising
like this.

Jill

Old August 19th 07, 12:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Winnie wrote:
On Aug 18, 8:15 pm, wrote:

He is a beauty. I'm glad he's going to be OK. And that his slave's
friends are taking up a collection to pay the vet bill.

And now they'd better get higher quality screens!

Joyce

I live in a highrise and always fear that Rusty might
paw through the screens and fall. I have double windows and open them
such that Rusty can't get to the screens.
This means that the windows are never wide opened. Good thing I have
A/ C for the summer. The winter is too cold here
to leave windows opened.

Winnie

There's only a brief period of time here (spring and fall) when it's
comfortable enough to open the windows and when that's the case I'm usually
sitting out on the patio and Persia is in her kitty walk. Of course I don't
live in a high rise. I have a major fear of heights; I'd never live in a
high rise with a balcony. The highest off the ground in an apartment I've
ever gotten is the 2nd floor.

But I don't trust my window screens. I put a baby gate over the screen door
to the patio and that works fine (even if it does look really strange).
I've thought about duct-taping the screens to the frame. Also not
attractive but hey, duct tape works for everything (or so they tell me) and
it's not a permanent fixture.

Jill

Old August 26th 07, 10:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Robert Cohen wrote:

cat tail du jour, and i'm first

and a strikingly beautiful cat at that