Purr request

Old June 15th 07, 08:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Purr request

I took Lindy in for her annual shots today. She is down to 6.9 lbs. Last
year she weighted 7.6 lbs. I knew she seemed thin, but her fur is shiny,
she has a good appetite, and even has playful spells, even though she's over
13 years old.

The vet said that there are three possible things that could cause the
weight loss while she still seemed healthy - thyroid, kidneys or leukemia.
Her thyroid doesn't seem to be enlarged, but one kidney is larger than the
other. Anyway, she ran blood tests (the total bill came to over $300, even
with the senior discount), and will let me know the results Monday.

This would be worrying enough, although I find it hard to believe she's very
sick, because she certainly doesn't act it. In fact, she purred most of the
time we were in the vet's office. However, I'm leaving early Monday morning
and will be gone for nine months. It's something I can't change. My
next-door neighbors are good about feeding and playing with my cats, but
I'll be extra concerned while I'm gone.

--
Joy

Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary,
how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how
to combine them.
--Nathaniel Hawthorne

Old June 15th 07, 08:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Joy wrote:
[...]

Purrs on the way for this to be nothing more than Lindy getting a little
older. I trust your neighbors will have a way to reach you 24/7 if need be?
and that they have all the vet info and access to emergency care after
hours.

Jill

Old June 15th 07, 08:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Joy wrote:
[...]

Lots of purrs on the way for Lindy.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old June 15th 07, 08:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Joy wrote:
[...]

Thanks, for the purrs. Yes, my neighbors have the phone number where I'll
be, as well as the numbers of my kids, who live within an hour's drive of
here. They have animals, so they have vet contacts. However, I'll give
them the information on my vet. I asked the doctor to email me the results
of the blood tests. If I don't hear from her by Tuesday, I'll email her.

Joy

Old June 15th 07, 08:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Joy wrote:
time we were in the vet's office. However, I'm leaving early Monday morning
and will be gone for nine months. It's something I can't change. My
next-door neighbors are good about feeding and playing with my cats, but
I'll be extra concerned while I'm gone.

Lots of purrs on the way.

Victor
Old June 15th 07, 09:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Randy

"Joy" wrote:
[...]

Sending purrs * 4.

Randy

http://picasaweb.google.com/crmartin1

Old June 15th 07, 09:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 12:26:52 -0700, "Joy"
yodeled:

[...]

Big purrs for Lindy and her tests-- she may be fine-- many cats just
lose some weight as they get older. Stinky is a bit skinnier than he
was a few years ago, but he is still in kicking health, knock wood.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old June 15th 07, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Joy wrote:
time we were in the vet's office. However, I'm leaving early Monday
morning and will be gone for nine months. It's something I can't change.
My next-door neighbors are good about feeding and playing with my cats,
but I'll be extra concerned while I'm gone.

Lots of purrs on the way.

Victor

Thank you, Victor.

Joy

Old June 15th 07, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Randy" wrote in message
news
"Joy" wrote:
[...]

Thanks, Randy.

Joy

Purr request Joy Cat anecdotes 20 October 28th 06 07:33 PM
Purr request Ann Cat anecdotes 11 October 22nd 06 06:15 AM
purr request John F. Eldredge Cat anecdotes 12 May 8th 05 03:58 AM
Purr Request for Dad Denise VanDyke Cat anecdotes 25 December 31st 04 10:52 AM
Job Purr Request Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 54 July 1st 04 05:09 PM