I called the humane society...

Old December 15th 05, 08:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default I called the humane society...

On 2005-12-15, kilikini penned:

On 2005-12-15, kilikini penned:
I had to do it. The neighbor's cat is just shudderingly gross.
They said they would send out the proper authorities to
investigate. I feel guilty because the neighbors are gonna
*know* it's me who called and we're already not on friendly
terms, but I had to do it.

I'm glad you called. It doesn't sound like those neighbors are
worth being on good terms with, anyway. Or are you worried that
they'll take it out on you when Chester is (hopefully) taken from
them?

That is EXACTLY what I'm worried about, Monique. I'm afraid of
retaliation. They're going to know it's me who called because my
husband and I have confronted them about Chester before. You never
know what people are going to do, especially when they exhibit
unscrupulous behavior anyway.

Ugh =/

Yes, I think I'd be at least worried, and probably scared, too.

At least your cats are indoor ... that's something ...

*hug*

No one's still showed up, yet. I'm surprised. All I've seen are slow
drive-by's from the police. There's a "client's" car outside, so I
know someone's there, but no ASPCA. Well, it's only been a couple of
hours.

kili

Sounds like the cops are perhaps more interested in the possibility of
prostitution...

Call the humane society again. What the heck, it's their job to assist with
abused animals (at least, that's what they say when they are asking for
money). Can't hurt, it's just a phone call. I'd be bugging the crap out of
them. Poor Chester

Jill

Old December 15th 05, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

NMR wrote:
If animal control drops the gun and I say if and you can't take
Chester in find a no kill shelter or an adopt a cat site in another
town or county and take Chester there. If they go looking for the
cat which I doubt they will run into a dead end. The further away
the better just in case

They would never be able to prove anything unless some one saw you
:-) at least it will give the cat a chance

I'm sure her husband would be willing to help "cat nap" Chester, but kili
herself doesn't have a car and her husband is gone at work with their only
vehicle most days of the week.

I'd keep calling the humane society, bugging them to get out there and
rescue Chester. Kili has taken in 3 strays herself, dealt with bouts of
ringworm, etc. If you've ever seen photos of Miss Pua, you'd see she
rescued this cat from death's door. Kili is doing all she can, and bless
her for it.

Jill

"kilikini" wrote in message
.. .

"Charleen Welton" wrote in message
. ..

"kilikini" wrote in message
.. .
I had to do it. The neighbor's cat is just shudderingly gross.
They said they would send out the proper authorities to
investigate. I feel guilty because the neighbors are gonna *know*
it's me who called and we're already
not on friendly terms, but I had to do it.

I've mentioned the next-door-neighbor and his ill-treatment of the
cat before, but now it's gone too far.

Background story..........

They've had this indoor cat, used to be a beautiful cat, named
Chester. White and black, patchy cat, with the most gorgeous light
green eyes you've
ever seen. He is about 2 years old and they got tired of cleaning
the litterbox so they dumped him outside. He was absolutely
terrified of his own shadow, so what happens? Within 2 weeks he
was hit by a car. Broke
his
back, but it was a recoverable break.

After the vet bills and such, within a month, they dump him
outside again! My husband and I were just absolutely appalled.

They don't fill the food dish and there's never any water. *I*
feed that cat. He begs at *my* door. I feed him, I'm sorry.
He's so skinny!

We've determined there is some unscrupulous behavior next door
(prostitution, possible drugs). About a month ago, the husband
was turned out when a "client" came over. The unusual evening
hour of the "client"
must have upset the neighbor because we heard him torturing
Chester; Chester
was screaming. I jumped up and saw the neighbor basically pulling
Chester apart from head to tail. My husband ran outside and said
"Neighbor, what's
the problem, here?" (Or words to that effect.) Our neighbor said
he was just petting the cat; we knew better, I vented to you all
about the incident
and we had to let it go.

I'm not letting it go anymore. I went outside and took a good
look at Chester. First of all, he's got feces all over him. He's
got runny poo
coming out of his behind. His eyes are still clear, so I'm hoping
there's going to be some way to save him; that he isn't too far
off. Animal control
is really good around here and they'll fine up to a few hundred
USD for any
sort of cruelty.

Well, I just called. We'll see how long it takes them and please
give me purrs that there's no retaliation. I just didn't know
what else to do.

Thanks for letting me vent.

kili

Kili, you have our support, whatever and however we can extend it
to you.
We are in St. Cloud, Florida. email or write if we can help:
Charleen
and three angry cats
Mr. Pumpkin
Aggie Marble
Victor Velcro

Thank you! I so appreciate all the kind words. I'm trying to do
the best I
can for the beautiful boy.

kili

Old December 15th 05, 10:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

You did the absolute best thing, Kili.
Lots and lots of purrs and best wishes for Chester to recover and find a
great onetruehome and for the neighbours to not know who called the
humane society,
Polonca and Soncek

kilikini wrote:

I had to do it. The neighbor's cat is just shudderingly gross. They said
they would send out the proper authorities to investigate. I feel guilty
because the neighbors are gonna *know* it's me who called and we're already
not on friendly terms, but I had to do it.

I've mentioned the next-door-neighbor and his ill-treatment of the cat
before, but now it's gone too far.

snip

Old December 15th 05, 11:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message
ups.com...
Keep Us Posted on poor Chester please. My heart goes out to him....I
have 2 INDOOR cats and a dog...AND a new baby...Full house here

I have a full house here, too, or I'd just kidnap him. I still haven't
heard from the humane society, but we'll see tomorrow.

kili

Old December 15th 05, 11:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2005-12-15, kilikini penned:

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
On 2005-12-15, kilikini penned:
[...]

It probably takes a day or two to legalize paperwork for court orders and
such. If I don't see them pull up tomorrow, I'm calling again.

kili

Old December 15th 05, 11:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"jmcquown" wrote in message
NMR wrote:
[...]

Yep, true story. We've got three organizations that I'm aware of that try
to rehome animals. I'm calling them tomorrow anyway for my friend,
Christal, who has also taken in strays, but her landlord gave her a new
lease that says "NO PETS". She's really upset, so tomorrow we'll be calling
around to rehome her 3 kids. Maybe we'll be able to help Chester if the
humane society doesn't bother.

kili

Old December 15th 05, 11:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Gabey8" wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
Prayers and purrs that the humane society can find an EXCELLENT home for
Chester. The poor little cat deserves to have a long, healthy life in a
forever home where he's spoiled rotten 24/7.

And what the neighbor REALLY deserves involves falling into a tiger pit in
some zoo somewhere and getting eaten. But since that would only result in
indigestion for some poor tiger, then I wish that animal control
authorities would pitch him into jail for animal abuse.

God bless you for doing what you can. May the neighbors have no clue who
called the authorities on them.

Donna, and Captain and Stanley who hereby send copious litterbox-content
offerings to the animal-abusing neighbor

Thank you! I'm so lucky I have this group and an understanding husband to
help me. :~)

kili

Old December 15th 05, 11:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"polonca12000" wrote in message
You did the absolute best thing, Kili.
Lots and lots of purrs and best wishes for Chester to recover and find a
great onetruehome and for the neighbours to not know who called the
humane society,
Polonca and Soncek

Thank you! I kinda like the little guy. Ever since he's been tossed out,
he just begs for help. I do what I can, but I'm done now. I can't watch
this go on. It's so awful.

kili

Old December 15th 05, 11:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Kili,

I am so glad you called the Humane Society. These neighbors are horrible!
Poor Chester, he must be such a miserable cat. Why do people like this
even bother to have a pet?

I sure hope the Humane Society will remove the cat. Because after they
show up to investigate, the neightbors are going to be ****ed off, and
it seems likely that they will take it out on Chester. (Not to mention
you, which I certainly hope they won't bother!)

I think you and Ginger-lyn are in a dead heat over who has the bigger
loser neighbor. Hopefully yours will go the same way hers did!

You done good. Purrs for a peaceful resolution to Chester's problems.

Joyce
Old December 16th 05, 12:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu 15 Dec 2005 12:59:29p, kilikini wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
) :

Well, I just called. We'll see how long it takes them and
please give me purrs that there's no retaliation. I just didn't
know what else to do.

Purrs for no retaliation. I understand completely. I agree that you
did the only thing you could do, and it was a good thing that you
did. More purrs that they get there soon and take Chester away and
find him a suitable onetruehome.

--
Cheryl