Purr request (long)

Old November 23rd 04, 08:58 PM
Elise

So now I need to request purrs for my sister, Teri, and one of her cats,
Sam.
Sam is having a head x-ray and surgery to remove a lump on/in his neck
tomorrow (Tuesday November 23) at 11:30 a.m. EST.

Sneaking this in from work...The news is not good
TED was unable to remove the growth, which they now feel is probably
cancerous, because it's all tangled up with the carotid artery and
various other blood vessels. This helps explain how it's growing so
fast - it couldn't ask for a better blood supply. He managed to scoot
some things aside enough to get a piece for testing. TED says they
can try steroids to shrink it, but we don't think it'll work. Sam
also has a lot of "fuzzy spots" in his lungs which are probably the
cause of his wheezing, and also probably cancerous.
He has no problems eating or drinking, is only a little wheezy when he
breathes an doesn't appear to be in pain so Teri's plan is to pick im
up at the vet and give him lots of lovin' until he tells her he's
ready to go.

She and I both thank you all for the purrs and good wishes.

Elise
Old November 23rd 04, 09:15 PM
Karen

"Elise" wrote in message
om...

[...]

Oh how very sad ((((( Many purrs to them both for some good quality time.

Old November 23rd 04, 10:08 PM
polonca12000

I'm so very sorry to hear this.
Hugs and purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Elise" wrote in message
om...
Sneaking this in from work...The news is not good
TED was unable to remove the growth, which they now feel is probably
cancerous, because it's all tangled up with the carotid artery and
various other blood vessels. snip

Old November 23rd 04, 10:08 PM
polonca12000

I'm so very sorry to hear this.
Hugs and purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

om...

Old November 23rd 04, 11:30 PM
Enfilade

So now I need to request purrs for my sister, Teri, and one of her cats,
Sam.

snipped

*gets four kitties purring for Sam*

--Fil

Old November 24th 04, 04:36 AM
Marina

Elise wrote:

[...]

So sorry to read this. We'll be purring for Sam to stay comfortable for
a long time and for Teri to have the strength to do the right thing when
the time comes.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki