Savannah, GA

Old December 3rd 03, 07:03 PM
Troye

Default Savannah, GA

I have two cats, one 7yr old Maine Coon and one 5yr old orange tabby
(both neutered males). I have an eight month old son who has
developed allergies, and I am looking for placement for our two cats.
We will not use any service that euthenizes animals. Both cats are
declawed in the front. Both are healthy and current on all
vaccinations. Please respond with any information that might be
helpful in finding a placement for these two memebers of our family
(i.e. rescue or adoption fascilities in the southeast ga area).
Thank you for your help!!!
Troye Stadler

Old December 4th 03, 05:55 AM
Hans Schrøder

"Troye" wrote in message
om...

Both cats are declawed in the front.

Declawing of cats is a severe crime to the cats! In civilized countries,
like Norway, where I live, declawing is strictly prohibited. I know
Americans have got stronger feelings for their furniture than for living
creatures, but using the fact that you have been molesting the poor things
as an advertising issue, is more that I can stand!

By declawing cats, you take away one of the cat's main tools for surviving
and living a normal life.

Shame on you!!!

Hans

Old December 4th 03, 06:10 AM
Suzie-Q

Troye wrote:

I have two cats, one 7yr old Maine Coon and one 5yr old orange tabby
(both neutered males). I have an eight month old son who has
developed allergies, and I am looking for placement for our two cats.
We will not use any service that euthenizes animals. Both cats are
declawed in the front. Both are healthy and current on all
vaccinations. Please respond with any information that might be
helpful in finding a placement for these two memebers of our family
(i.e. rescue or adoption fascilities in the southeast ga area).
Thank you for your help!!!
Troye Stadler

Please don't give up your cats so quickly. There have been posts
on this and/or other cat-related newsgroups about giving up pets
due to allergies. I'm sorry that I don't remember exactly what
was said, but the gist was that it isn't necessary to give up
your cats. There are other options.

I'm hoping that someone who knows more about it will respond to
your post.

8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/

Old December 4th 03, 07:41 AM
Alan Sandoval

"Suzie-Q" wrote in message
Troye wrote:

I have two cats, one 7yr old Maine Coon and one 5yr old orange tabby
(both neutered males). I have an eight month old son who has
developed allergies, and I am looking for placement for our two cats.
We will not use any service that euthenizes animals. Both cats are
declawed in the front. Both are healthy and current on all
vaccinations. Please respond with any information that might be
helpful in finding a placement for these two memebers of our family
(i.e. rescue or adoption fascilities in the southeast ga area).
Thank you for your help!!!
Troye Stadler

I wish the best for you and your cats, but declawing is a crime against
nature. It amounts to surgery to protect furniture.

Declawed cats need to find a really special home, where their natural
protection is no longer applicable. I guess you thought it was a good idea
at the time, I assure you, it wasn't a good idea. Interesting that you call
them 'members of your family'.

Ok, you now have a kid, and the kid can't deal with the cats. I get that
too. The cats have to go. Contact me through my email address, remove the
(removespam) part to get through. NO way your cats will have to die because
of this. I'm not thrilled with what you've done but I'll make sure your
cats don't suffer for it.

You screwed up, you know it, your cats and your kids should not be made to
pay for it. Make it better by contacting people who will help.

Alan

Old December 5th 03, 09:31 AM
Ray Ban

Suzie-Q wrote in message ...
Troye wrote:

[...]

I assume that you have confirmation that your child is really allergic
to the cats and not something else like dust, mold, etc. If not,
please see your pediatrician and discuss what your next move should
be.

Ray