Behavior Question

Old August 8th 03, 02:26 PM
kaeli

Default Behavior Question

In article ,
enlightened us with...
We have four cats - we love them!

We have been fortunate that over the years they are healthy and we never have litter box problems, etc.

Two males and two females - all fixed since early cathood.

One of the females was a wild, stray, that my wife brought in when she appeared to be about a year old, maybe a little less.

snip

Is there any hope she will come around? Is there anything we can do to encourage her? Or, is this what we can expect until she is gone?

I appreciate any comments. If anyone needs more info, please let me know.

THANKS!!!

Ferals that didn't get human contact during their kittenhood are not
lost causes in the affection department, they just take a lot of time
and extra patience and sometimes a little conditioning.

In the book "Don't Shoot the Dog" by Karen Pryor, the author details how
people like that horse whisperer guy tame wild animals until they can
actually be handled by humans. Using conditioning, the animal (or in
your case, the cat) will come to at first accept attention, then they
can be taught to enjoy it.
I'd highly recommend the book.

Amazon sample:
http://tinyurl.com/jen6
See sample page 17 and the llama story.

~kaeli~
The secret of the universe is @*&^^^ NO CARRIER
The more ridiculous a belief system, the higher
the probability of its success.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace