Bringing up Baby

Old March 30th 11, 11:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default Bringing up Baby

It's 3 am and Will starts to fuss. Salem, Sonya, Huey, Hermione, Qui
Gon, and Smokey troop down the hall to let Lynn and Mike know that Will
is not a happy baby. Will is eating his rice and formula and QC checks
out the food bowl (not to worry, it is far more formula than cereal just
enough that the Snerdy sleeps more than three hours). She lets Lynn
know that there is a need for more good slop. Baby blankets left laying
on the sofa are nap spots as they are better than grown up blankets and
throws. Any outfit recently donned by Will is a reason for inspection.
Cries need to be answered, burps are sniffed, and Lynn's arms are
tested for comfort. Naps need at least one cat sleeping on the changing
table and another on the floor. Purrs help put William into nap mode.
Salem sleeps at the end of the crib near Williams feet. When Will kicks
his feet Salem purrs. I think he's picked his human. The owners are
bringing up William right.

Pam S breaking some of the rules of raising Will
Old March 31st 11, 12:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

tanadashoes wrote:
[...]

There was a superstition (in the old days) that a cat would suck a
baby's breath and kill it (probably smelling the milk). Still, it might
not be safe if the cat ever wants to sleep on top of a baby. MLB
Old March 31st 11, 02:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

On 3/30/2011 7:42 PM, MLB wrote:
tanadashoes wrote:
[...]

Salem is the only one who climbs in Will's crib and he stays at the foot
of it by Will's feet. We also have a baby monitor with two receivers.
Both are based where ever we are and in Mike and Lynn's room. Will is
also quite capable of raising a stink if anything irritates him. That
kid has a howling fit if he pees his diaper. Most sensitive skin I've
ever seen.

Pam S.
Old March 31st 11, 04:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

tanadashoes wrote:
On 3/30/2011 7:42 PM, MLB wrote:
tanadashoes wrote:
[...]

LOL That made me think of my Uncle Joe. He used to say that the skin
on his face was as tender as a baby's butt! He was a great uncle. Best
wishes. MLB
Old March 31st 11, 10:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

tanadashoes wrote:
[...]

William is off to a wonderful start. :-)
--
Adrian