I know it's April 1st, but. . .

Old April 2nd 11, 12:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default I know it's April 1st, but. . .

We got home today from running errands and found a notice in the mail.
Apparently, Rob is supposed to show up for jury duty on May 10th. I
called up the court house and told them that I was willing to have Rob's
ashes delivered to the court house for duty, but I didn't think they'd
get a straight answer out of him. They apologized and said that they'd
take care of it and not to worry. I'm half hoping that they put out a
warrant for his arrest for not showing up. I'd like to see them try to
serve it.

On the cat front, the lot are wigging out with the spring weather.
Smokey and Salem have been entertaining us all (especially Will) by
losing their footing and sliding down the hall and into the wall.
Normalcy, thy name is not Shirk.

Pam S
Old April 2nd 11, 02:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...
We got home today from running errands and found a notice in the mail.
Apparently, Rob is supposed to show up for jury duty on May 10th. I
called up the court house and told them that I was willing to have Rob's
ashes delivered to the court house for duty, but I didn't think they'd get
a straight answer out of him. They apologized and said that they'd take
care of it and not to worry. I'm half hoping that they put out a warrant
for his arrest for not showing up. I'd like to see them try to serve it.

On the cat front, the lot are wigging out with the spring weather. Smokey
and Salem have been entertaining us all (especially Will) by losing their
footing and sliding down the hall and into the wall. Normalcy, thy name is
not Shirk.

Pam S

That must have been painful to receive. I'm glad you were able to keep your
sense of humor.

The last year of my husband's life, he was out of work. About two months
before he died, he had gone for a job interview. Shortly after that, he
because too ill to work if he had a job. Two weeks after he died, I
received a call from the company he had interviewed, offering him a job.

Joy

Old April 2nd 11, 11:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Joy" wrote in message
[...]

I concur. Word does tend to trickle down slowly, particularly when it comes
to government entities. I still get junk mail and phone calls for my
parents.

The last year of my husband's life, he was out of work. About two months
before he died, he had gone for a job interview. Shortly after that, he
because too ill to work if he had a job. Two weeks after he died, I
received a call from the company he had interviewed, offering him a job.

Joy

That must have been very painful, too. But an honest mistake.

You may remember after my father died my mother got a "sympathy card" that
turned out to be an offer of a discount for a massage at a spa in town.
That was just downright cruel. I didn't even show it to her. I went on
their web site and made some scathing comments about trolling obituaries to
drum up business. Tacky, tacky, tacky.

Jill

Old April 2nd 11, 06:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Apr 1, 4:39*pm, tanadashoes wrote:
*I'm half hoping that they put out a
warrant for his arrest for not showing up. *I'd like to see them try to
serve it.

So would I!

We had an outbreak a couple of years back of parking tickets when we
don't even have a car!

And a court summons was served. Dave phoned the court and said he
wasn't the person on the summons and recieved the answer "You would
say that wouldn't you?!" They were all for charging him for giving a
false name at the time of his arrest!

Our friend Tel knew the name it was someone he'd been to school with
and we were within 10 seconds able to find their address and phone
number (they lived just up the road) and that they lived there- I
called up and asked for them, I took this information to our local
magistrates court and they thanked me for it but surely they could
have checked it themselves?! It's not like we're not on the electoral
register! The other court had told Dave he would have to appear
before the magistrate and swear an oath he wasn't the person and that
it would cost about £50!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old April 2nd 11, 06:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Apr 1, 6:01*pm, "Joy" wrote:

.. *Two weeks after he died, I
received a call from the company he had interviewed, offering him a job.

I feel for the person who made that call! It's the one nightmare
every medical secretary has- calling up and finding the patient has
died- you really don't know what to say but it does happen. Has
happened to me once- I hope never again

Old April 2nd 11, 06:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Apr 2, 3:29*am, "jmcquown" wrote:

You may remember after my father died my mother got a "sympathy card" that
turned out to be an offer of a discount for a massage at a spa in town.

My one complaint with my vet was after Fugazi was PTS I got a cheery
letter that started by thanking me for "entrusting us with the care of
your beloved pet" and "hoping for many happy and healthy years
together". If the vet hadn't been so good I would have taken my
business elsewhere and I told them so! They're now a lot more careful
about new patients.....

The other good local vet (Whom I would use if Kylie went back to Oz)
is where I sometimes buy my "Hills" and I remember going in one
afternoon and the nurse was sniffing into a tissue and I said "Are you
okay?" and she said "Bad morning" so I asked why and said "I have to
do 8 put to sleep cards this afternoon"

Old April 2nd 11, 10:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Lesley Madigan wrote:
On Apr 2, 3:29 am, "jmcquown" wrote:
You may remember after my father died my mother got a "sympathy card" that
turned out to be an offer of a discount for a massage at a spa in town.

My one complaint with my vet was after Fugazi was PTS I got a cheery
letter that started by thanking me for "entrusting us with the care of
your beloved pet" and "hoping for many happy and healthy years
together". If the vet hadn't been so good I would have taken my
business elsewhere and I told them so! They're now a lot more careful
about new patients.....

How strange! (My guess would be an unfortunate clerical error.) On
several occasions, over the years, when I had to have a pet PTS I got a
very nice sympathy card from the vet's office, signed by all their
employees.
Old April 2nd 11, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Lesley Madigan wrote:
On Apr 2, 3:29 am, "jmcquown" wrote:
You may remember after my father died my mother got a "sympathy card"
that
turned out to be an offer of a discount for a massage at a spa in town.

My one complaint with my vet was after Fugazi was PTS I got a cheery
letter that started by thanking me for "entrusting us with the care of
your beloved pet" and "hoping for many happy and healthy years
together". If the vet hadn't been so good I would have taken my
business elsewhere and I told them so! They're now a lot more careful
about new patients.....

How strange! (My guess would be an unfortunate clerical error.) On
several occasions, over the years, when I had to have a pet PTS I got a
very nice sympathy card from the vet's office, signed by all their
employees.

Yes, I always get a sympathy card from my vet. After Nanki-Poo had to be
PTS, they also sent me a little plaster cast of his paw print, with his name
on it.

Joy

Puddi: April 1, 1992 - April 16, 2009 Ray or Fran Cat community 13 April 19th 09 09:50 PM
April foolz day Granby Cat community 0 April 1st 08 02:06 PM
- travel April.pdf (0/1) Our Travel Plans - April Dave Gerecke Cat anecdotes 1 March 12th 06 10:02 PM
The big April blizzard CATherine Cat anecdotes 4 April 12th 05 10:15 PM
April 4 (OT) jmcquown Cat anecdotes 10 April 5th 05 09:52 PM