I'm Alive - Warning, Long

Old April 4th 11, 07:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kathy[_4_]

Default I'm Alive - Warning, Long

Hi, Lori,
I really don't know you, yet I was checking almost every day for any
information about you. Thanks for checking in even though it was very
difficult. I have prayed for you and will continue to do so.

Kathy

Old April 5th 11, 12:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon & Smudgie

Welcome back! So nice to see you posting here again

Sharon & Smudgie

Old April 5th 11, 11:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

On 4/3/2011 11:39 PM, CatNipped wrote:
wrote in message
On 4/3/2011 1:26 PM, CatNipped wrote:
wrote in message
m...
On 4/2/2011 9:15 PM, CatNipped wrote:
Yep, to the pleasant surprise of some and the disappointment of others,
*am* still alive. I was only able to log on for 5 minutes in the
middle
of
all this, so I saw only two posts replying to the post Ben made. Since
then
I've been totally incommunicado, physically and mentally, and unaware
of
anything outside of my hospital bed. After *forty-four* days in the
hospital, I'm finally home.. which doesn't mean I'm going to be jumping
back
into the group totally, because I have so much to do and catch up on
and
because of physical and mental disabilities. The main thing I have to
do
is
getting my fur-babies to forget and forgive my abandoning them. Archer
completely snubbed me on my first "home visit" (they would let me go
from
the SNIP unit for a few hours every week for doctors' appointments
and/or
quick trip home), then finally warmed up to me. Sammy is too much of a
pettins' 'ho' to give up being skritched. Ozzy is lukewarm to me, but
he
was never a cuddling cat to begin with. Jessie cares only for Ben -
always
has, always will. And Demi is as Demi always was, afraid of her own
shadow.

Ya'll gotta stop this stuff. Sending purrs and well wishes for you,
Ben,
and the owners to get over your trauma and heal fully. BTDT with the
aphasia, short term memory loss, and physical trauma. Both Rob and I
recovered to a great extent and I expect you and Ben to do the same. We
understand about not being able to play catch-up.

A short synopsis of current events here at chez Shirk. Mike and Mandi
Lynn are the proud parents of a baby boy. William Michael was born at
12:14 am on March 5. He was 21 inches long and weighed 8 lb 15 0z
officially. Amanda Kae and James were married on Feb 19th. At her
pre-marital physical, it was discovered that she is pregnant. She is
due
to give birth in late September. Mike, Lynn, Will and their two owners
Hermione and Qui Gon Kit have moved back in with me making the cat count
11 cats and 1 d-thing. Bernard the dwarf hamster succumbed to the
workings of Smokey, Jim's cat. Smokey shattered the hamster home and we
are NOT getting a replacement.

Other than that things are pretty normal around here, as normal as
anything remotely Shirk ever gets.

Take care of yourself and please don't feel as though you have to answer
any of our messages.

Pam S.

Wow. how long was I visiting the mothership???!! ; Con-cat-ulations
on
the new grand kids, you much be ecstatic to be a new grandmother!

I'm so happy for the kids. William Michael is a *big* baby - I hope
Mandi
Lynn had an epidural!

I read in another thread that you're battling with depression - I'm
hoping
that a house full of people, pet, and owners will help with that.

I think you were in the hospital much longer than I was. How long did it
take you to get back into the habit of living at home again - trying to
get
back some sort of normalcy and a routine? One thing that is holding me
back
is this open wound and the partial paralysis, but I'm talking about the
psychology of it.

Lynn is a braver woman than I am. No epidural, just some IV pain meds and
a strong soul. I'm dreading when Mandy goes into labor. She is not good
at pain.

I was only in hospital for 39 days. It was enough. I'm still coming back
to normal, and the hospitalization was almost four years ago. I cannot
pick up items on the floor most days and use a grabber for the small stuff
and a kid for the big things. Since I lost half of the muscles in my
right thigh and inside my right leg, balance is a major problem. I've
come back to some extent. I was in a coma for a while and still don't
remember anything that happened for a couple of days before the
hospitalization to at least two weeks after I went into ICU.

I have body image problems, am on anti-depressants, have nightmares about
being back in hospital and find that I am more willing to let the small
stuff go rather than fight for it.

It took me about a month before I settled back in. Part of the problem
was Rob's state of health and working on getting us both back into
functional states. I probably would have taken much longer if Mike and
Mandy weren't with us. Mike, specifically, was the answer to a mother's
prayer. He, Lynn, and Will are godsends now. Of course the cats are a
big help as they want to nurse us all.

Pam S. grateful

{{{{{{{{{{Pam}}}}}}}}}}

What you've been through these last few years would seriously put a dent in
the constitution of even the strongest person. I don't know what I'd do if
I were to lose Ben. Not only is he my one-true-love, he is also, literally,
my life-line to the rest of the world. Without him I'd have to go back into
a nursing home because I can't live by myself - I can't even take care of my
fur-babies!!!

I'm so glad that you have that support from your children, good on them -
and good on you for rearing them properly and teaching them responsibility.
You done good, girl!

Thanks, I think they're pretty wonderful, but then I'm biased. On a
funny note, Speedy whines when Will cries. Then Speedy comes over and
noses me so that I'll make the noise go away. The cats are smarter,
they get Mum and Dad.

Pam S.