[OT] Bubbles (Not Bubbels)

Old April 25th 11, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default [OT] Bubbles (Not Bubbels)

"Canna" wrote in message
On 22/04/2011 12:27 PM, MLB wrote:
Yowie wrote:
Conversation with The Yowlet this morning:

C: whilst holding bubble solution bottle Can I blow Bubbles?

V: Sure

C: whinge These don't work

V: looks at rather dark brown bubble solution Yes, thats because the
solution has gone off.... let me get you some more

C: How is it off?

V: Its gone brown... its off.

C: Its brown coz I put soy sauce in it.

V: boggle

Parenthood is an exercise in surrealism.

Yowie

It sounds like he has sone "cooking genes" in his blood. Best wishes.

Alas, I suspect he has 'chemistry' genes (cooking is, after all, applied
domestic food chemistry), directly from me. My mother banned me from my
first and only home-chemistry book called "Cup and Saucer Chemistry"
because I got easily bored with the rather obvious experiments in the
text, and went off in my own direction. I was 8, which is not so far from
7, and the reason why I got into trouble is that I was mixing pretty much
*anything I could get my hands on*, and didn't a) clean up the resulting
sometimes spectacular mess and b) fully appreciate the dangers that mixing
things like dish washing soap and toilet cleaner could have caused.

Soy sauce and bubble solution really isn't that bad, and there's a small
part of me that is very proud. There's another small part of me that
sounds *just* like my mother - its saying "remember when I said I hoped
you had a child *just* like you? Well, now you understand why"

Yowie

LOL! I can understand both of those parts.

Joy

Old April 25th 11, 06:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

On 4/24/2011 5:35 AM, jmcquown wrote:

"Kajikit" wrote in message
On Fri, 22 Apr 2011 12:17:03 +1000, Yowie
wrote:

Conversation with The Yowlet this morning:

C: whilst holding bubble solution bottle Can I blow Bubbles?

V: Sure

C: whinge These don't work

V: looks at rather dark brown bubble solution Yes, thats because the
solution has gone off.... let me get you some more

C: How is it off?

V: Its gone brown... its off.

C: Its brown coz I put soy sauce in it.

V: boggle

Parenthood is an exercise in surrealism.

Yowie

Obviously he wanted to try to blow BROWN bubbles so they'd show up
better. Shame he ruined the surface tension...

I don't know if they're available where Vicki lives but Crayola makes
coloured bubble mixtures now. I doubt they have brown ones, though!

OB Cats: You can get catnip-scented bubbles at places like PetCo,
PetSmart, Drs. Foster Smith catalog

Jill

I wouldn't recommend them, Jill. They have a reputation and several
lawsuits about stains. Apparently, the bubbles stain everything and are
ONLY to be used outside with old clothing or rain coats and hats. Not
on my shopping list for that reason.

OB Cats: Mine freak out (at least Smokey Does) when confronted by
bubbles coming down from above. He doesn't just attack them, he screams
and hides from them. The rest of them either ignore them or attack
depending on how much nip they've had. They didn't like the nip
stinking ones.

Pam S.
Old April 25th 11, 11:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

m...

wrote:

[...]

Of course you'd use them outside... but the ads say they wash out of clothes
completely. Of course it's advertising. It's not something I'm likely to
worry about since I don't have kids and I don't run around blowing bubbles
myself

OB Cats: Mine freak out (at least Smokey Does) when confronted by bubbles
coming down from above. He doesn't just attack them, he screams and hides
from them. The rest of them either ignore them or attack depending on how
much nip they've had. They didn't like the nip stinking ones.

Pam S.

I'll keep that in mind. Not that I've ever seriously thought about buying
any nip-scented bubbles. Persia doesn't play much anymore. (sigh)

Jill

Old April 26th 11, 02:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

On 25/04/2011 20:34, tanadashoes wrote:

OB Cats: Mine freak out (at least Smokey Does) when confronted by
bubbles coming down from above. He doesn't just attack them, he screams
and hides from them. The rest of them either ignore them or attack
depending on how much nip they've had. They didn't like the nip stinking
ones.

Inspired by JEM's legendary 'Frozen Bubbles' post, I tried blowing
bubbles one cold frosty day a couple of winters ago. The cats did like
it. Caliban especially chased them bubbles all around, and couldn't
figure out where they disappeared to when they hit anything. Why did he
get a wet paw and no bubble when he caught one? It was pretty funny.
Will have to remember it again another time. Of course, they don't have
to be frozen to be fun.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Old May 2nd 11, 07:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

In ,
tanadashoes typed:
On 4/21/2011 10:17 PM, Yowie wrote:
Conversation with The Yowlet this morning:

C: whilst holding bubble solution bottle Can I blow Bubbles?

V: Sure

C: whinge These don't work

V: looks at rather dark brown bubble solution Yes, thats because
the solution has gone off.... let me get you some more

C: How is it off?

V: Its gone brown... its off.

C: Its brown coz I put soy sauce in it.

V: boggle

Parenthood is an exercise in surrealism.

Yowie

LOL I'm waiting for the Snert to boggle his parents some more. So
far he is scooting all over the place and has left some major
presents in his diaper and on his bib.

Love the term 'Snert' - looking forward to more pics!

There's always a special moment in a parent's life when they discover the
*third* thing that can happen in a diaper. There's the usual "number 1's"
wee and "Number 2's" poo all of which modern diapers are more than capable
of dealing with (amazing technology that goes into those things). But then
there's "Number 3's", which no known diaper can hold back. We call it "the
Poonami" - where not only is the diaper absolutely filled to the brim, but
so is whatever the bub is wearing, plus whatever the bub happens to be in at
the time, and most likely any and all surfaces in the vicinity. Said
youngling is *utterly covered* and needs a bath, *stat*. As does whoever
changes them, because it goes *everywhere*. Any non-parent woudl be *amazed*
at how far poonamis can actually travel, and just how quickly it spreads.
The first sign, of course, is usually "Such a cute baby.. whose a cute baby
whos a ..wait..why is your hair wet?... ohh, **** (literally)"

This usually occurs at an impromptu "I'll just duck in and get... it won't
take a minute" shopping trip where the shop in question has absolutely no
place to change a child, and, being such a short trip, you didn't bring the
giant baby bag with everything you could possibly need with you. Or possibly
on your elderly spinster aunt's cream white shag carpet.

Either way, you never forget your first poonami.

Yowie

Old May 2nd 11, 07:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Yowie wrote:
[...]

otherwise known as "the dire rear". MLB

Bubbles ollie2 Cat anecdotes 4 December 31st 07 01:35 AM
First under 20k bubbles!!!! Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 9 April 2nd 06 04:08 AM
More Bubbles Bev Cat anecdotes 2 January 1st 05 07:03 PM
Bubbles OT Bev Cat anecdotes 0 November 8th 04 03:08 AM
Cat nip bubbles Susan M Cat anecdotes 5 February 18th 04 03:29 PM