Asking for diagnosis

Old April 27th 10, 06:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Jason Leow

Default Asking for diagnosis

Momo, my cat, is sneezing and acting like he is trying to get rid of
something in his throat/nostrils. The vet took an X-ray of his lungs
and chest and found "shadows" around them, and concluded that there is
infection.

So now my cat is on medication from the vet but isn't getting better
(or may be not getting better fast enough). He has been on antibiotics
for a week. Now the vet has given him another kind of antibiotics plus
an expectorant but I feel he is as clueless as I am about what is
happening.

Anyone has had similar cat problems? What could be happening?
Old April 27th 10, 06:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

"Jason Leow" wrote in message
Momo, my cat, is sneezing and acting like he is trying to get rid of
something in his throat/nostrils. The vet took an X-ray of his lungs
and chest and found "shadows" around them, and concluded that there is
infection.

So now my cat is on medication from the vet but isn't getting better
(or may be not getting better fast enough). He has been on antibiotics
for a week. Now the vet has given him another kind of antibiotics plus
an expectorant but I feel he is as clueless as I am about what is
happening.

Anyone has had similar cat problems? What could be happening?

Jason we are not vets Sounds like the infection is not being cured. I
would call another vet for another opinion

Old April 27th 10, 02:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene

Get copies of the x-rays/bloodwork/other records and see another vet
for a second opinion. It's possible he might not even have an
infection if the medication isn't helping.
Old May 6th 10, 11:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

"Matthew" iamacatslaveand proudtoserve.com wrote:

"Jason Leow" jasonslleow gmail.com wrote

Momo, my cat, is sneezing and acting like he is trying to get
rid of something in his throat/nostrils. The vet took an X-ray
of his lungs and chest and found "shadows" around them, and
concluded that there is infection.

So now my cat is on medication from the vet but isn't getting
better (or may be not getting better fast enough). He has been
on antibiotics for a week. Now the vet has given him another
kind of antibiotics plus an expectorant but I feel he is as
clueless as I am about what is happening.

Anyone has had similar cat problems? What could be happening?

Jason we are not vets

But of course you do not know that no one reading this group is a
veterinarian, Madden.

From: "Matthew" iamacatslaveand proudtoserve.com
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: Asking for diagnosis
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 01:20:18 -0400

Old May 6th 10, 11:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

Jason Leow wrote:

Momo, my cat, is sneezing and acting like he is trying to get
rid of something in his throat/nostrils. The vet took an X-ray
of his lungs and chest and found "shadows" around them, and
concluded that there is infection.

So now my cat is on medication from the vet but isn't getting
better (or may be not getting better fast enough). He has been
on antibiotics for a week. Now the vet has given him another
kind of antibiotics plus an expectorant but I feel he is as
clueless as I am about what is happening.

Anyone has had similar cat problems? What could be happening?

There is another group that might be worth asking.
alt.med.veterinary
Good luck.