[OT] Dammit!

Old April 27th 11, 04:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

Default [OT] Dammit!

"Not learning the [homegrown] software system quickly enough" after a
mere two weeks. Job hunting once more.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old April 27th 11, 04:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
m...

"Not learning the [homegrown] software system quickly enough" after a
mere two weeks. Job hunting once more.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Oh no! Mark! I'm so sorry!

Jill

Old April 27th 11, 06:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
m...

"Not learning the [homegrown] software system quickly enough" after a
mere two weeks. Job hunting once more.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Bummer! I hope you find one soon, where they appreciate your abilities and
skills.

Joy

Old April 27th 11, 08:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

Default Dammit!

On Apr 27, 11:19*am, Mark Edwards wrote:
"Not learning the [homegrown] *software system quickly enough" after a
mere two weeks. Job hunting once more.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Sorry to hear that. Hope you will find another job soon.

I had the opposite problem. I used proprietary homegrown software for
the longest
time that I became out of touch with other software out there.
Old April 27th 11, 08:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Mark Edwards wrote:

"Not learning the [homegrown] software system quickly enough" after a
mere two weeks. Job hunting once more.

You're kidding me! You live and breathe computer technology. You read
tech books for fun. What's their problem?!

Hope you find something else quickly!

Joyce

--
What business is it of the state how consenting adults choose to pair
off, share expenses and eventually stop having sex with each other?
Old April 27th 11, 08:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Winnie wrote:

Mark Edwards wrote:

"Not learning the [homegrown] *software system quickly enough" after a
mere two weeks. Job hunting once more.

Sorry to hear that. Hope you will find another job soon.

I had the opposite problem. I used proprietary homegrown software for
the longest
time that I became out of touch with other software out there.

Yeah, think of it like this - your experience there is less likely to
translate to future jobs, since nobody else is going to advertise for
people with experience in proprietary system.

Old April 27th 11, 09:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Apr 27, 3:49*pm, wrote:
Winnie wrote:

* Mark Edwards wrote:

* "Not learning the [homegrown] software system quickly enough" after a
* mere two weeks. Job hunting once more.

* Sorry to hear that. Hope you will find another job soon.

* I had the opposite problem. *I used proprietary homegrown software for
* the longest
* time that I became out of touch with other software out there.

Yeah, think of it like this - your experience there is less likely to
translate to future jobs, since nobody else is going to advertise for
people with experience in proprietary system.

Exactly. Good thing retirement is a viable option for me when I lost
my job.
Actually, by then I wasn't working on proprietary software anymore.
I was glad to get out of the rat race.

Old April 27th 11, 09:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
NettieCat

On Apr 27, 4:19*pm, Mark Edwards wrote:
"Not learning the [homegrown] *software system quickly enough" after a
mere two weeks. Job hunting once more.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Oh dear, I hope something else comes up soon.

Jeanette
Old April 27th 11, 11:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Winnie" wrote in message
On Apr 27, 11:19 am, Mark Edwards wrote:
"Not learning the [homegrown] software system quickly enough" after a
mere two weeks. Job hunting once more.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Sorry to hear that. Hope you will find another job soon.

I had the opposite problem. I used proprietary homegrown software for
the longest
time that I became out of touch with other software out there.

Same here, Winnie. I pretty much put myself out of the job market by
staying in one place working with proprietary software. I have a working
knowledge of most Microsoft programs (Windows, Word, Excel, and I can get my
way around in Unix) but I can't exactly claim I'm an expert in any of them.
Does usenet count? LOL

I had to laugh. I was looking up jobs in the area and there's a local
doctor's office that needs a receptionist. Lord knows that's a job I can
certainly handle. Then I read "3 years experience required". I swear, I
read the same thing over and over again in help wanted ads 35 years ago.
Deja vu! Back then I got so sick and tired of reading "experience required"
that after reading a similiar ad I typed a rather scathing cover letter. I
mean really, what did I have to lose? It said if you ever get tired of
waiting for someone with all that experience and just want someone who can
do the job give me a call. No, I didn't get the receptionist job. They
hired me to be the marketing secretary instead. LOL I worked there for 8
years.

Jill