Cat TV!

Old February 2nd 12, 02:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Cat TV!

February 2nd, 2012... early spring here in South Carolina. Time for Cat TV!

The back of my house is all windows. There are birds visiting, migrating to
places north as the weather slowly warms up. I've had a mated pair of
bluebirds visiting the suet feeder and partaking of the scattered seed on
the patio. They are so pretty! The males have iridescent bright blue wings
and a red breast. The females are less showy. Right now she's sitting on
top of the shepherd's hook enjoying the sunshshine A pine warbler showed
up, as well as a couple of red and purple house finches. Tufted titmice.
And a female cardinal.

I wish I could take a picture! My computer doesn't recognize my Sandisk
memory card as a supported device. I have no idea what changed on my
computer. It worked fine before. And the camera (Kodak Easy Share) says
the internal memory is full. How irritating. I hate this camera.

At any rate, it's Cat TV Persia chatters at the birds and that's what
matters.

Jill

Old February 3rd 12, 02:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

I actually bought a video for cats a while ago, with birdies and mousies and
ratties on, for Boyfriend to amuse himself if he was in the house when I was
at work. He ignored it on the TV and just went outside to see them for
himself.
I should stop allowing myself to get involved with marketing.

Old February 3rd 12, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

I actually bought a video for cats a while ago, with birdies and mousies and
ratties on, for Boyfriend to amuse himself if he was in the house when I was
at work. He ignored it on the TV and just went outside to see them for
himself.
I should stop allowing myself to get involved with marketing.

LOL, my cats weren't impressed with a similar video of birds and rodents
twittering and scurrying around noisily. They also paid no attention to it.

But whenever there was a show on about cats - any cats, including lions,
leopards and so on - they were fascinated and would sit watching it with
what appeared to be rapt attention.

--
Joyce

Mother teach me to walk again
Milk and honey, so intoxicating -- Sarah McLaughlin

Old February 3rd 12, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Thursday, February 2, 2012 7:47:36 AM UTC-7, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Do you have the USB cable? If not, maybe see if you can get one online? I have to use that, since my computers don't read the HD memory card we have. Cable works great though.

Old February 4th 12, 12:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

I actually bought a video for cats a while ago, with birdies and mousies
and
ratties on, for Boyfriend to amuse himself if he was in the house when I
was
at work. He ignored it on the TV and just went outside to see them for
himself.
I should stop allowing myself to get involved with marketing.

LOL, my cats weren't impressed with a similar video of birds and rodents
twittering and scurrying around noisily. They also paid no attention to
it.

But whenever there was a show on about cats - any cats, including lions,
leopards and so on - they were fascinated and would sit watching it with
what appeared to be rapt attention.

--
Joyce

Persia has never paid any attention to television. The birds she watches
are on the patio. What's funny is, once I got her accustomed to indoor
birds (I had two parakeets when she first came to live with me... then
Peaches the lovebird) she never bothered them or chattered at them like she
does outdoor birds. She knows there's a difference. For one thing, the
outdoor birds aren't in the house in a cage. G

Jill

Old February 4th 12, 12:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

My cats have never paid any attention to the TV, no matter what was on, with
one exception. I was watching a nature show, and Skeeter (RB) was on my
lap, facing me. At one point in the show, a wolf howled. Skeeter
immediately stood up, turned around, and settled down facing the TV. She
stared at it until the show was over. She never looked at it again after
that.

Joy

Old February 4th 12, 08:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

I actually bought a video for cats a while ago, with birdies and mousies
and
ratties on, for Boyfriend to amuse himself if he was in the house when I
was
at work. He ignored it on the TV and just went outside to see them for
himself.
I should stop allowing myself to get involved with marketing.

LOL, my cats weren't impressed with a similar video of birds and rodents
twittering and scurrying around noisily. They also paid no attention to
it.

But whenever there was a show on about cats - any cats, including lions,
leopards and so on - they were fascinated and would sit watching it with
what appeared to be rapt attention.

One of my d*gs, Daisy, was fascinated if there was a bear on there, she
would watch until it was gone, but wolves on the telly would set her off
barking and trying to go behind the TV to sort them out.
None of my other dogs ever showed any interest in watching the telly, let
alone they understood what the images might represent.

Old February 5th 12, 05:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

On Feb 3, 11:54*am, Bastette wrote:

But whenever there was a show on about cats - any cats, including lions,
leopards and so on - they were fascinated and would sit watching it with
what appeared to be rapt attention.

Isis (RB) when she was a kitten used to watch tennis- she also often
if someone went off screen would look round the back of the telly to
see where they had gone. My friend Mick (RB) had a cat called Sam who
would sit on top of the telly when the snooker was on and as the
camera showed a ball moving to the pocket- his paw would come down and
he try to snatch the ball. He also looked behind the telly to see
where the ball had gone.

Isis also watched a lot of wildlife programmes and understood the
concept of a commercial break- as soon as it "End of Part 1" she'd get
off the chair or my lap go and have a quick snack, some water, use
her box and be back on the chair or my lap just as part 2 started.

Fugazi (RB) watched car chases- her favourite film was "The Blues
Brothers"- the scene where the car flies up in the air she'd look up
as it went down then track it all the way down. The night she took
ill suddenly (Helped over the Bridge the next day) we put the film on
and ran her favourite scenes for her. We had a word for it just for
her"Vroom-vrooms" and it didn't matter where she was or what she was
doing but if we called out "Gaz-Gaz, vroom-vrooms" she;d run in to
watch them.

Sarsi and Dunzi paid little attention at all to the TV apart from it
being part of the general weirdness of going from a shed to a house
and Bonnie is totally disinterested in it

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old February 6th 12, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

my cats weren't impressed with a similar video of birds and rodents
twittering and scurrying around noisily. They also paid no attention
to it.
But whenever there was a show on about cats - any cats, including
lions, leopards and so on - they were fascinated and would sit
watching it with what appeared to be rapt attention.

We got a photo from the humans who took Eccles and Siouxsie, two of
Marblecake's kittens. They were glued to a TV screen watching a
football match. They must have thought the footballers were very
very small and very very tasty.

But I'm sure lions would get their attention even more. Ideal cat
television: "Here we are live from the Colosseum - five minutes to
go in the first half of the Scipio Africanus Cup Final - the score
stands at Christians 0, Lions 34..."