Ping: Jill - weather

Old February 25th 16, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

Default Ping: Jill - weather

Jill, how is your weather? There have been reports of nasty weather,
including tornadoes, heading your way. I hope things have started to
settle down by now. I'm thinking of you and Buffy.

MaryL
Old February 25th 16, 04:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 2/24/2016 8:12 PM, MaryL wrote:
Jill, how is your weather? There have been reports of nasty weather,
including tornadoes, heading your way. I hope things have started to
settle down by now. I'm thinking of you and Buffy.

MaryL

Thanks for thinking of us! It's very windy but nothing else is going
on. We had thunderstorms this morning.

Jill
Old February 25th 16, 04:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

On 2/24/2016 9:30 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 2/24/2016 8:12 PM, MaryL wrote:
Jill, how is your weather? There have been reports of nasty weather,
including tornadoes, heading your way. I hope things have started to
settle down by now. I'm thinking of you and Buffy.

MaryL

Thanks for thinking of us! It's very windy but nothing else is going
on. We had thunderstorms this morning.

Jill

That's very good news. Thanks for letting us know.

Does Buffy pay any attention to the sound of thunderstorms? (Mine don't.)

MaryL

Old February 25th 16, 05:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 2/24/2016 10:35 PM, MaryL wrote:
On 2/24/2016 9:30 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 2/24/2016 8:12 PM, MaryL wrote:
Jill, how is your weather? There have been reports of nasty weather,
including tornadoes, heading your way. I hope things have started to
settle down by now. I'm thinking of you and Buffy.

MaryL

Thanks for thinking of us! It's very windy but nothing else is going
on. We had thunderstorms this morning.

Jill

That's very good news. Thanks for letting us know.

Does Buffy pay any attention to the sound of thunderstorms? (Mine don't.)

MaryL

No, Buffy doesn't seem to notice thunderstorms.

I remember when I lived in west TN and had Persia I was awakened around
3AM by some very loud storms. I went to the living room to check the
weather on television. They announced "tornadoes spotted at Shelby
Farms". That was about 3 miles from my apartment. The tornado sirens
went off. As I walked back to my bedroom the power went off.

That's when I found out those sirens had speakers and could talk. I
heard a voice: "Tornado! Tornado! Take Cover Immediately!" For a
moment I was disoriented. I thought, "God?!" I had heard the sirens
before but never a voice. LOL

I grabbed a pillow and a blanket and went into the bathroom (I kept a
flashlight in there) and got in the tub. They say the safest place is a
bathroom in the center of the house because there are pipes in the walls.

Persia was terrified of thunderstorms so she was hiding under the bed.
I thought to myself "how in the heck am I going to get her in here?" I
didn't have to worry. She came running in and hunkered down between the
toilet and the tub. Smart cat! I shut the door and we stayed there
until the all clear signal sounded. That was quite a night.

Jill

Ping: Jill - weather MaryL[_2_] Cat anecdotes 5 October 6th 15 12:08 PM
ping JILL Kyla =^..^= Cat anecdotes 6 March 11th 08 08:08 PM
Ping jill [email protected] Cat anecdotes 191 March 10th 08 03:15 AM
Ping Jill Kate Cat anecdotes 4 January 5th 06 08:52 PM
Ping Jill Marina Cat anecdotes 2 September 11th 05 05:17 PM