7 weeks of Prozac

Old July 5th 05, 05:37 PM
Janet B

Default 7 weeks of Prozac

and about 6 of Cosequin, switched back to Wellness canned, and we
still have peeing, yowling, and I'm pretty frustrated! She's playing,
obsessing as usual, napping, being a pretty normal (albeit weird) cat.
But the pee is unpredictable and everywhere still (again?). floors,
beds, sofas, bowls. The only reason my desk and counters have been
safe is that she can't jump anymore (or won't - had torn ACL). I go
through a LOT of cleaner and do a ton of laundry. This isn't fun.
Still hoping for some answers.

--
Janet B
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com
Old July 5th 05, 05:44 PM
Mary

"Janet B" wrote in message
and about 6 of Cosequin, switched back to Wellness canned, and we
still have peeing, yowling, and I'm pretty frustrated! She's playing,
obsessing as usual, napping, being a pretty normal (albeit weird) cat.
But the pee is unpredictable and everywhere still (again?). floors,
beds, sofas, bowls. The only reason my desk and counters have been
safe is that she can't jump anymore (or won't - had torn ACL). I go
through a LOT of cleaner and do a ton of laundry. This isn't fun.
Still hoping for some answers.

--

Poor Janet. I am sorry you're still havig this problem with your weird
and wonderful little tortie girl.

But I must say, I thought at first from your subject line that you were
prescribing for the group!!

As we have already ascertaine, I have no solutions for you. I would,
as you already have done, isolate her in a single room, but we have
been all over that. Kudos to you for your dedication to helping her.
This is a hard problem to live with.

Old July 5th 05, 06:26 PM
ceb

Janet B wrote in
:

and about 6 of Cosequin, switched back to Wellness canned, and we
still have peeing, yowling, and I'm pretty frustrated! She's playing,
obsessing as usual, napping, being a pretty normal (albeit weird) cat.
But the pee is unpredictable and everywhere still (again?). floors,
beds, sofas, bowls. The only reason my desk and counters have been
safe is that she can't jump anymore (or won't - had torn ACL). I go
through a LOT of cleaner and do a ton of laundry. This isn't fun.
Still hoping for some answers.

Boy, it sounds awful. Has the vet mentioned kitty equivalents of ditropan
(which is given to humans with bladder urgency)? Seems to work pretty
well for humans -- maybe that's what your kitty needs? Or has that
already been tried?

I found this here link for you, which you may have already seen:

http://courses.vetmed.wsu.edu/vm552/...l/micturit.htm

--
Catherine
& Zoe the cockerchow
Old July 5th 05, 06:36 PM
Janet B

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 17:26:30 +0000 (UTC), ceb ,
wrote:

Boy, it sounds awful. Has the vet mentioned kitty equivalents of ditropan
(which is given to humans with bladder urgency)? Seems to work pretty
well for humans -- maybe that's what your kitty needs? Or has that
already been tried?

I found this here link for you, which you may have already seen:

http://courses.vetmed.wsu.edu/vm552/...l/micturit.htm

Haven't talked about, but the urination is definitely VOLUNTARY.
Still, will discuss with my vet.

Old July 5th 05, 06:57 PM
Trish

wrote:

Boy, it sounds awful. Has the vet mentioned kitty equivalents of ditropan
(which is given to humans with bladder urgency)? Seems to work pretty
well for humans -- maybe that's what your kitty needs? Or has that
already been tried?

I found this here link for you, which you may have already seen:

http://courses.vetmed.wsu.edu/vm552/...l/micturit.htm

Haven't talked about, but the urination is definitely VOLUNTARY.
Still, will discuss with my vet.

--
Janet B
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bestfr...bedience/album

Is there some kind of incontinent product you can get? I've seen them for
dog but not for cats.

Old July 5th 05, 07:16 PM
Janet B

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 13:57:45 -0400, "Trish" ,
wrote:

Is there some kind of incontinent product you can get? I've seen them for
dog but not for cats.

She's not incontinent, and I'd hate to have her wearing something that
restricted her bowel movements (which are always in the box). She
urinates in the box but also out of the box, and it's very purposeful
and some places are "given". An empty bowl on the floor will be peed
in. A plastic bag will be peed on. One sofa will be peed on (it has
washable slipcovers and waterproof covering underneath, so it gets
cleaned very thoroughly. I live with plastic tablecloths on the sofas
in the family room, when we're not sitting on them, as they are easier
to clean than washing and re-fitting slipcovers constantly. There are
other more random places, and sometimes it's a real investigation
game.

As far as kitty-"depends", I think we'd have them taken off by the
other cat or a dog!

Old July 5th 05, 07:25 PM

Janet B wrote:
and about 6 of Cosequin, switched back to Wellness canned, and we
still have peeing, yowling, and I'm pretty frustrated! She's playing,
obsessing as usual, napping, being a pretty normal (albeit weird) cat.
But the pee is unpredictable and everywhere still (again?). floors,
beds, sofas, bowls. The only reason my desk and counters have been
safe is that she can't jump anymore (or won't - had torn ACL). I go
through a LOT of cleaner and do a ton of laundry. This isn't fun.
Still hoping for some answers.

--
Janet B
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bestfr...bedience/album

Is it spraying or peeing?

Old July 5th 05, 07:28 PM
Janet B

On 5 Jul 2005 11:25:50 -0700, , wrote:

Is it spraying or peeing?

peeing. horizontal surfaces.

Old July 5th 05, 07:53 PM
ceb

Janet B wrote in
:

wrote:

Boy, it sounds awful. Has the vet mentioned kitty equivalents of
ditropan (which is given to humans with bladder urgency)? Seems to
work pretty well for humans -- maybe that's what your kitty needs? Or
has that already been tried?

I found this here link for you, which you may have already seen:

http://courses.vetmed.wsu.edu/vm552/...l/micturit.htm

Haven't talked about, but the urination is definitely VOLUNTARY.
Still, will discuss with my vet.

I'm just wondering how you know -- are you basing it on the fact that she
seems to choose certain places? If so, I would guess that when urgency
strikes, a cat would get to the nearest acceptable place (whatever a cat
might think is acceptable). In people, the whole "spastic bladder" thing
is hard to diagnose, I think. I don't know, I could be wrong, but plastic
is such a cat-unlikely place to pee on that it sounds to me like at least
*some* urgency must be involved.

Old July 5th 05, 08:08 PM
Janet B

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 18:53:25 +0000 (UTC), ceb ,
wrote:

I'm just wondering how you know -- are you basing it on the fact that she
seems to choose certain places? If so, I would guess that when urgency
strikes, a cat would get to the nearest acceptable place (whatever a cat
might think is acceptable). In people, the whole "spastic bladder" thing
is hard to diagnose, I think. I don't know, I could be wrong, but plastic
is such a cat-unlikely place to pee on that it sounds to me like at least
*some* urgency must be involved.

Actually, plastic seems a PREFERRED place to pee. She seems to seek
out locations - it's not where she's been sleeping, she actively goes
TO something to pee. and it isn't necessarily a matter of close by.
In fact. most of it happens on the same level where the majority of
the cat boxes are, just feet away.

--
Janet B
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bestfr...bedience/album

Severe fleas: can I safely apply Frontline 2 weeks apart? Maharlika Cat health & behaviour 2 September 26th 04 04:11 AM
Kitty Prozac Laura M Cat health & behaviour 14 July 22nd 04 07:13 PM
Prozac teri Cat health & behaviour 29 June 16th 04 12:27 PM
Phoebe's babies - one & a half weeks on Lois Reay Cat anecdotes 9 September 26th 03 06:58 PM
Kitten has been sneezing for 3-4 weeks now blkcatgal Cat health & behaviour 20 September 9th 03 08:35 PM