Kitten on a mission

Old June 29th 10, 06:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

Default Kitten on a mission

Baby Abigail has established a routine of accompanying me when I clean
litter boxes. Inspecting twelve boxes is quite a chore for a tiny
kitten with a limited attention span, but she does a great job.

She knows to start following me when I pick up a covered pail that
stores used litter until trash day. She has to be *in* the box that's
being cleaned, and she makes every effort to be certain the box is
completely free of clumps - she digs around every inch of the litter -
before she will allow me to replace the lid.

And rarely do we complete the task without Abigail having forced
herself to actually *use* one of the boxes.

It's such a riot to watch her performance that I don't mind how much
she slows me down. Especially since up until about a week ago she was
too small to climb into any of the "adult" boxes!

Old June 29th 10, 06:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Pat wrote:

Baby Abigail has established a routine of accompanying me when I clean
litter boxes. Inspecting twelve boxes is quite a chore for a tiny
kitten with a limited attention span, but she does a great job.

She knows to start following me when I pick up a covered pail that
stores used litter until trash day. She has to be *in* the box that's
being cleaned, and she makes every effort to be certain the box is
completely free of clumps - she digs around every inch of the litter -
before she will allow me to replace the lid.

And rarely do we complete the task without Abigail having forced
herself to actually *use* one of the boxes.

It's such a riot to watch her performance that I don't mind how much
she slows me down. Especially since up until about a week ago she was
too small to climb into any of the "adult" boxes!

Aww, she sounds cute. I have to admit that I close the bathroom door
when I'm going to clean out the litterbox, for precisely that reason -
cats would want to do inspections of my work *while* I'm working.
This way, I don't open the door until it's done, and then it's a nice
surprise for the furries!

Joyce

--
Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he
grows up, he'll never be able to merge his car onto a freeway.
Old June 29th 10, 06:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Pat wrote:
Baby Abigail has established a routine of accompanying me when I clean
litter boxes. Inspecting twelve boxes is quite a chore for a tiny
kitten with a limited attention span, but she does a great job.

She knows to start following me when I pick up a covered pail that
stores used litter until trash day. She has to be *in* the box that's
being cleaned, and she makes every effort to be certain the box is
completely free of clumps - she digs around every inch of the litter -
before she will allow me to replace the lid.

And rarely do we complete the task without Abigail having forced
herself to actually *use* one of the boxes.

It's such a riot to watch her performance that I don't mind how much
she slows me down. Especially since up until about a week ago she was
too small to climb into any of the "adult" boxes!

What a great companion! She must be adorable. MLB
Old June 29th 10, 08:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
NettieCat

On 29 June, 06:07, Pat wrote:
Baby Abigail has established a routine of accompanying me when I clean
litter boxes. Inspecting twelve boxes is quite a chore for a tiny
kitten with a limited attention span, but she does a great job.

She knows to start following me when I pick up a covered pail that
stores used litter until trash day. She has to be *in* the box that's
being cleaned, and she makes every effort to be certain the box is
completely free of clumps - she digs around every inch of the litter -
before she will allow me to replace the lid.

And rarely do we complete the task without Abigail having forced
herself to actually *use* one of the boxes.

It's such a riot to watch her performance that I don't mind how much
she slows me down. Especially since up until about a week ago she was
too small to climb into any of the "adult" boxes!

She sounds like a wonderful girl, all ready to learn from you

Jeanette