MUST READ littermaid catbox

Old November 21st 04, 10:32 PM
Solomon

Default MUST READ littermaid catbox

so after all of 19 hours of having my littermaid at home, this thing
is going back to the store. don't buy one of these. what a piece of
****. mine is already broken. you see, when you first get this thing
home, you will think it is so cool because it does all this scooping
for you. well mine has just quit scooping altogether. and what a
rude-ass service department. seriously, i don't know what is worse,
having your brand new expensive space age catbox quit as soon as you
bring it home, or playing 20 questions about your identity, address,
phone number, number of cats, purchase location, and the nature of
your purchase before the service people actually start to talk to you.
then they are rude to you on the phone. and all that waiting with
you until the thing is possibly working-what a memoir of a byegone
epoch. this service department just runs through the procedure, and
tells you to do it when you get of the phone. and they don't tell you
anything the manual didn't already let you know. and then they say "if
it still doesn't work, take it back to the store. well, no kidding;
what the hell else would it do with it. usually you should be able to
turn it off and on again and it will scoop right away, but no, mine is
broken. and it has rained like hell all day, so i can't go outside
and get the other catbox. oh yeah, and the few times that mine
actually got to work, it gets all sorts of **** stuck in the rake and
doesn't dump all the clumps into the container. no, rather it leaves
them piling up at the front of the box, so that my cats can step in it
when they go up the ramp. and i happen to be so lucky that my cat
should have diarreah now. let me tell you, the ****rake gets all
kinds of things caught in it. they even give you a special scooper so
that you can clean the ****rake, which i would definitely recommend
you do. just a regualar **** is enough to make your ****rake look
like it was dragged through a swamp, nevermind a diarreah. the ten
minute time is not long enough to let the litter clump hard. no, it
needs about three times that long. this is why nobody cleans their
regular catbox right after their cat uses it--your scooper will look
like it was defecated on. in all fairness though, from what i hear,
the infomercial for this thing must be really great. this company
spent all their money on advertising and none on their product. so in
short, don't buy one, because you will have a headache, and still be
scooping **** just like you always did, except now you will have to do
it even more because the littermaid doesn't hold very much litter
(gets dirty really quick). do yourself a favor, and save your time
and money. and the whole irony is, i used to work in a petstore, and
these things get returned about as much as they get bought. i should
have known better. learn from my experience.
Old November 22nd 04, 09:51 PM
Karen M.

Solomon wrote:
so after all of 19 hours of having my littermaid at home, this thing
is going back to the store. don't buy one of these. ...

Am very happy with my roll-a-way LB. So are the subject users.
Manual, no batteries.

HTH
--Karen M.
Old November 24th 04, 05:37 PM
Stanley Stempien via CatKB.com

the litter robot acts like the roll away.. but it does it for you after the weight sensor on the ball is pressed and released... it counts down about a minute and rotates.... I think its the same principal in both... not sure... never owned a roll away..