Emery boards?

Old July 27th 03, 02:51 PM
Wojtek

just see if he likes it as much

mine LOOOVES olives too.

"Sherry " wrote in message
i would have guessed smell, it actually seems like he smells it and then
tries to eat it rather than just rubbing his teeth against it. i guess
trying sandpaper woud eliminate that possibility. I'll try it.

You're not the first person I've read whose cats go nuts over emery

boards. The
other thing is olives (???) ... mine don't notice either. I don't quite
understand your post though...what are you going to try with sandpaper?

Sherry

Old July 27th 03, 03:09 PM
Sherry

Yeah, I saw that episode on Emergency Vets. The one where a cat had
swallowed a sewing needle (because of the thread on it) and it was
lodged in the back of his throat. ugh! That poor kitty!

My Bootsie chomped down on a treble fish hook. On Sunday morning, of course.
They never do stuff like that when the vet is open. She found it in the garage.
My fault--I should have known anything dangly that smells like fish was a
recipe for disaster. I did learn a lesson, but she didn't. She's the worst with
needles & thread. . I have to be very careful with them.

Sherry

Old July 27th 03, 04:24 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article , wombn at
wrote on 7/27/03 8:56 AM:

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 06:26:43 -0500, Karen Chuplis
wrote:

in article
, wombn at
wrote on 7/27/03 3:49 AM:

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 22:32:51 -0400, "Cathy Friedmann"
wrote:

"Sherry " wrote in message
i would have guessed smell, it actually seems like he smells it and then
tries to eat it rather than just rubbing his teeth against it. i guess
trying sandpaper woud eliminate that possibility. I'll try it.

You're not the first person I've read whose cats go nuts over emery
boards. The
other thing is olives (???) ... mine don't notice either.

And another is Q-Tips.

blunt needles here. I do a lot of polymer clay work and leave my
blunt needle sticking in a lump of scrap clay. I have to move fast
when one of them spots that needle sticking up. Don't know why
they're all so fascinated with it.

That could be really bad news.

Yeah, I saw that episode on Emergency Vets. The one where a cat had
swallowed a sewing needle (because of the thread on it) and it was
lodged in the back of his throat. ugh! That poor kitty!

Can you keep a lidded jar by your work so
that you are never tempted to leave the needle out?

Not really. I pick it up every couple of minutes and stick it back in
the scrap clay lump a minute later.

I make beads and use the needle to drill the holes.

http://home.comcast.net/~wombn/Polym...geredroses.jpg

Those are darling!

I make somewhere around 120 beads per week.

So I'm picking it up and putting it back every couple of minutes.
When I'm done, it's *all* put away. They want to chew on the clay
too, and that wouldn't be a great thing either. Even though it's
supposedly non-toxic (for humans, anyway).

I know mine. All I'd have to do is turn my back a second and it'd be down
the gullet. Ijust thought a jar would be much more difficult to get them out
of in those instances you are called away for a minute.

I've been thinking of putting a bell-ed collar on them so I can be
sure to hear them coming. They KNOW I don't want them messing around
with the stuff, so sometimes Timmy, for example, will leap up from
behind and be in the workspace in the blink of an eye. He *really*
wants to see what I'm doing and chew on it all and play with it all.
So does Taz and he's even better at it. It feels like a drive-by!

Fortunately, Martha is more biddable. She'd rather be suckling on my
neck anyway. :

They are indeed curious critters! Timmy and Martha? Do you have a Dickens
theme going

Karen

Old July 27th 03, 04:24 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article , wombn at
wrote on 7/27/03 8:56 AM:

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 06:26:43 -0500, Karen Chuplis
wrote:

in article
, wombn at