Purrs for Burma Victims

Old May 10th 08, 09:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav

Default Purrs for Burma Victims

We're all an empathic bunch of people on this Group - but
no-one's asked for purrs for all of the victims in Burma - so I'm
doing so. Whilst thinking of all the people, spare a few purrs
for the Burmese cats as well.

--
MatSav

Old May 10th 08, 10:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

MatSav wrote:
We're all an empathic bunch of people on this Group - but
no-one's asked for purrs for all of the victims in Burma - so I'm
doing so. Whilst thinking of all the people, spare a few purrs
for the Burmese cats as well.

When I saw the news I thought of Dennis Wilson, Britta's husband and Vino's
slave, I wonder if he was in the country when the storm hit.

At least 100,000 dead so far and almost certainly more will die from
disease. :-( It's a pity the storm didn't get rid of the corrupt regime
running the place.

Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old May 10th 08, 12:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I cannot imagine anyone not wanting help. Their leader will ask people to
come in when the bodies begin to rot and there is every chance the people
who come to help will get disease and die too. I just heard he they are
still holding elections that will give them more power. I am afraid with
leaders like that and the hell the people are living in, this in one time I
wonder if purrs or prayers will help much.

Old May 10th 08, 04:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

MatSav wrote:
We're all an empathic bunch of people on this Group - but
no-one's asked for purrs for all of the victims in Burma - so I'm
doing so. Whilst thinking of all the people, spare a few purrs
for the Burmese cats as well.

Lots of purrs on the way, especially as no other aid is being allowed in
or being confiscated by the junta.

Old May 10th 08, 06:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

Marina wrote in news:68lu0iF2tmhqbU1
@mid.individual.net:

MatSav wrote:
We're all an empathic bunch of people on this Group - but
no-one's asked for purrs for all of the victims in Burma - so I'm
doing so. Whilst thinking of all the people, spare a few purrs
for the Burmese cats as well.

Lots of purrs on the way, especially as no other aid is being allowed in
or being confiscated by the junta.

I don't know why you are all picking on those nice Junta people. It is
very strenuous work beating and killing un-armed monks and foreign
reporters. They just need a little more time to rest up and then they will
solve the rest of the problems of their people.

Andy [graduate of the Robert Mugabe school of governance and ethics]

Old May 10th 08, 09:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"MatSav" matthew | dot | savage | at | dsl | dot | pipex | dot | com
wrote in message ...
We're all an empathic bunch of people on this Group - but no-one's asked
for purrs for all of the victims in Burma - so I'm doing so. Whilst
thinking of all the people, spare a few purrs for the Burmese cats as
well.

--
MatSav

I know she gave us up for New Years, but don't I remember Britta's husband
spent a lot of time in Burma?

A friend from another group is affiliated with Doctors Without Borders, and
has said they have been able to get into Burma and to provide aid.

The country is shut down so tight that there has been very little news
coverage.

Jo

Old May 10th 08, 09:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Granby" wrote in message
I cannot imagine anyone not wanting help. Their leader will ask people to
come in when the bodies begin to rot and there is every chance the people
who come to help will get disease and die too. I just heard he they are
still holding elections that will give them more power. I am afraid with
leaders like that and the hell the people are living in, this in one time
I wonder if purrs or prayers will help much.

I fail to see how they can get 'more' power. They have total power of life
and death already. Total censorship, etc.

Besides, I hate to even see the word 'election' used in a context like
this. It isn't like anyone is being allowed any choices.

Jo

Old May 10th 08, 10:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

MatSav wrote:
We're all an empathic bunch of people on this Group - but
no-one's asked for purrs for all of the victims in Burma - so I'm
doing so. Whilst thinking of all the people, spare a few purrs
for the Burmese cats as well.

Purrs for the people and the critters effected. I can't begin to imagine
what it must be like.

Yowie

Old May 10th 08, 10:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Mishi wrote:

I think it is a form of genocide. They are letting their people die so
that there will be fewer of them to revolt,plus the ones that do survive
will be so weakened that they won't be able to fight back.

Purrs go out to the Burmese people.

As an American, I'm finding this incident all too eerily familiar.

It was horrible in 2004 and it's horrible now. Purrs for everyone.

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old May 10th 08, 11:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MatSav" matthew | dot | savage | at | dsl | dot | pipex | dot | com wrote
in message ...
We're all an empathic bunch of people on this Group - but no-one's asked
for purrs for all of the victims in Burma - so I'm doing so. Whilst
thinking of all the people, spare a few purrs for the Burmese cats as
well.

I never thought to ask for purrs for them, although the whole situation has
been on my mind and I've been sending prayers.
I'm so lucky to live in the UK but just an accident of birth, it could have
been me in Burma or in New Orleans or where the tsunami struck and I'm aware
of that.

Tweed