My own music critic

Old November 23rd 04, 08:18 AM
Dan M

Default My own music critic

When I'm driving late at night I listen to the radio to help me stay
awake. When driving up the south end of California's central valley I
listen to a great oldies station.

This evening I was singing along with the songs, while Harri was curled
up asleep on the passenger seat. Tom Jones "Delilah" came on, and I
continued singing along. My singing has never been very good, but since
my hearing has been going my singing is a lot worse. Even so, I've neard
any complaints, since I never sing in the presence of others. So I was a
little bit shocked when Harri jumped into my lap, stood up and patted me
on the lips - twice - with her paw! I laughed and stopped singing, and
Harri rewarded me by standing up really tall and grooming my beard. What
a sweetie!

Once she fixed the problem of my horrible singing she sat in her "ready
for an arm cuddle" pose. So I picked her up in my left arm and helped
her adjust herself comfortable, then she slept there for the next couple
of hours.

I used to complain about the fact that all of the trucks operated by my
employer have auto-shift transmissions. Since I've had Harri in the
truck and learned that she loves to do arm cuddles, I've come to
appreciate having that autoshifter. If I had a standard 10-speed or
12-speed transmission I wouldn't be able to drive with one arm.

Dan
Old November 23rd 04, 09:44 AM
jmcquown

Dan M wrote:
[...]

She sounds sooooo cute! Need photos!!! Is she gonna be on the road with
you all the time? She sounds like the purrrrfect travel companion!

Jill

Old November 23rd 04, 02:39 PM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 00:18:40 -0800, Dan M yodeled:

When I'm driving late at night I listen to the radio to help me stay
awake. When driving up the south end of California's central valley I
listen to a great oldies station.

This evening I was singing along with the songs, while Harri was curled
up asleep on the passenger seat. Tom Jones "Delilah" came on, and I
continued singing along. My singing has never been very good, but since
my hearing has been going my singing is a lot worse. Even so, I've neard
any complaints, since I never sing in the presence of others. So I was a
little bit shocked when Harri jumped into my lap, stood up and patted me
on the lips - twice - with her paw! I laughed and stopped singing, and
Harri rewarded me by standing up really tall and grooming my beard. What
a sweetie!

When both my cats were babies, they would try to investigate my mouth
to see where that noise was coming from. I don't know what they
expected to see in there.

Once she fixed the problem of my horrible singing she sat in her "ready
for an arm cuddle" pose. So I picked her up in my left arm and helped
her adjust herself comfortable, then she slept there for the next couple
of hours.

Are you sure she was trying to fix you? Maybe she was encouraging
you? Stinky has always been astonishingly encouraging of my singing.
In fact, the worse it isl, the better he likes it.

I used to complain about the fact that all of the trucks operated by my
employer have auto-shift transmissions. Since I've had Harri in the
truck and learned that she loves to do arm cuddles, I've come to
appreciate having that autoshifter. If I had a standard 10-speed or
12-speed transmission I wouldn't be able to drive with one arm.

Dan

She sounds like a great driving companion.

Theresa

Old November 24th 04, 08:22 AM
badwilson

That's so adorable! She sounds like a great travelling companion, you
should take her with you all the time :-)
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's

Old November 26th 04, 02:10 AM
O J

Dan M wrote:

This evening I was singing along with the songs, while Harri was curled
up asleep on the passenger seat. Tom Jones "Delilah" came on, and I
continued singing along. My singing has never been very good, but since
my hearing has been going my singing is a lot worse.

That's funny, since my hearing started to go my singing sounds better
than ever. G

Regards and Purrs,
O J

Old November 26th 04, 04:37 AM