India Trip

Old January 26th 08, 05:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
:-\)Liz

Default India Trip

My DH will be making a business related trip to various parts of
India(starting in Bombay) next mth...(A 3 week trip) Anyone have any
suggestions on things to avoid, see, do...or take? ....We are in the
USA....:-) Liz

Old January 26th 08, 06:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

:-)Liz wrote:
My DH will be making a business related trip to various parts of
India(starting in Bombay) next mth...(A 3 week trip) Anyone have any
suggestions on things to avoid, see, do...or take? ....We are in the
USA....:-) Liz

I've never been there but John has. No matter where you go, be prepared for
pushy people who are after your money. At the airport people will swarm you
insisting they carry your luggage for you (for a fee, of course). Learn to
say "no thank you" very firmly.

Jill

Old January 26th 08, 06:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

:-)Liz wrote:
My DH will be making a business related trip to various parts of
India(starting in Bombay) next mth...(A 3 week trip) Anyone have any
suggestions on things to avoid, see, do...or take? ....We are in the
USA....:-) Liz

So many things, where do I start? The Taj Mahal is supposed to be quite
impressive, so that's an obvious choice. I would really like to see
Akshardham one day:
http://www.akshardham.com/gujarat/
I would recommend buying Frommers or Fodor's to read and see what he
would like to do that would be practical given his schedule. They have
some stuff online too:
http://frommers.com/destinations/india/
http://www.fodors.com/world/asia/index.html

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 26th 08, 09:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

don't drink the water, seriously.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

. ..

Old January 27th 08, 03:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dewi

Also avoid consuming fresh fruit, veges and ice if you want to avoid
tummy bugs. Although I ate all three whilst I was in Mumbai and
survived.

Oh, and be prepared for a little bit of culture shock.

I hope you have a great time.

Dewi

Old January 27th 08, 04:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Dewi wrote:

Also avoid consuming fresh fruit, veges and ice if you want to avoid
tummy bugs. Although I ate all three whilst I was in Mumbai and
survived.

You might have a tougher stomach than the average USA'an, though. We're
so germ-phobic in this country that we're making ourselves sick by not
having enough exposure to low-level pathogens. I think we have a harder
time adjusting to the amount of bacteria in the water in developing
countries than other people from more industrial places such as Australia.

But that might just be another one of my uninformed theories.

Joyce

On Jan 27, 2:43 am, ":-\)Liz" wrote:
My DH will be making a business related trip to various parts of
India(starting in Bombay) next mth...(A 3 week trip) Anyone have any
suggestions on things to avoid, see, do...or take? ....We are in the
USA....:-) Liz

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old January 27th 08, 04:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dewi

On Jan 27, 1:43 pm, wrote:
Dewi wrote:

Also avoid consuming fresh fruit, veges and ice if you want to avoid
tummy bugs. Although I ate all three whilst I was in Mumbai and
survived.

You might have a tougher stomach than the average USA'an, though. We're
so germ-phobic in this country that we're making ourselves sick by not
having enough exposure to low-level pathogens. I think we have a harder
time adjusting to the amount of bacteria in the water in developing
countries than other people from more industrial places such as Australia.

But that might just be another one of my uninformed theories.

Joyce

I do think I have a tougher stomach than most, which may be due in
part to growing up in various developing countries. Although I think
my cats, with them being the grots that they are, may have continued
to toughen my immune system further. I went to Thailand and Malaysia
only a week ago and ate lots of fresh and cooked food during my
travels and not once did I get an upset stomach. Mind you I was very
careful to wash my hands before eating or touching my mouth or lips
and that sort of thing. Hopefully I'll be as fortunate the next time I
travel.

Dewi
Old January 27th 08, 10:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

":-)Liz" wrote in message
. ..
My DH will be making a business related trip to various parts of
India(starting in Bombay) next mth...(A 3 week trip) Anyone have any
suggestions on things to avoid, see, do...or take? ....We are in the
USA....:-) Liz

You've probably already done this, but please talk to your GP now about what
shots you need. Some shots need more than one dose to give you 100%
coverage.

At the very least, make sure you have copies of all your travel documents
with you and with another person back home you can contact in an emergency.
Make sure you have a good first aid kit with water purifier tablets and
those wonderful pills that help stop diarrhea, and those salts to add to
(clean) water to rehydrate you if you do find yourself with funny tummy.
Clean syringes are also not a bad idea if it just so happens you need an
injection.

It really depends on where in India you'll be... if you are 'backpacking'
around, you'll need a more thorough personal first aid kit than you would if
you are on guided tours and stick to the large cities where English is
spoken by most people and the medical services are just as good (providing
you can pay) as any other place.

Yowie

Old January 27th 08, 11:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

My DH will be making a business related trip to various parts of
India(starting in Bombay) next mth...(A 3 week trip) Anyone have
any suggestions on things to avoid, see, do...or take? ....We are
in the USA....:-) Liz

Also avoid consuming fresh fruit, veges and ice if you want to avoid
tummy bugs. Although I ate all three whilst I was in Mumbai and
survived.

The guy will probably be travelling mostly through middle-class
India, which is much the same as middle-class anywhere except
bigger, no? The people he's working with will be the best source
of information about health risks.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====