A *weird* cat dream

Old January 9th 05, 09:54 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Christina Websell at
wrote on 1/9/05 2:22 PM:

"Dan M" wrote in message
I've had unusual dreams before, but one I had a couple of weeks ago really
takes the prize. It was weird enough that I still remember it clearly.

In the dream Nancy and I were sitting on our back patio (at a house MUCH
nicer than our current one). I had Amelia sitting on my lap and Nancy had
Cleopatra in her lap. Tabitha and Samuel were chasing each other around
the swimming pool (I did mention that the house in the dream was MUCH
nicer than our, right?) Harri was out beyond the pool playing beside a
stream, trying to catch a fish. She succeeded and landed a small fish,
then played with it for a bit. Shortly after landing the fish, though, she
apparently wondered if it was ok for her to be playing with the fish.

She ran towards Nancy and me. When she got to the pool instead of running
around it she jumped in. She swam *underwater*, as gracefully as an otter,
to the end of the pool nearest us then ran up and meowed as if asking if
it was ok to catch fish and play with them. Nancy and I praised her for
her hunting skills and told her what a good girl she was. She felt better
then, and turned and jumped back into the pool, swam otter-like to the
far end, climbed out and resumed playing with her fish.

Now what could that dream be trying to tell me?

I don't know, but it seemed to be quite a nice one.
Unlike my cat dream last night. I dreamt that Kitty FC had got run over and
someone brought her into the house. She was alive. I said "Oh, her tail
has been cut off." and they said, no, it hasn't, it's just dangling behind
her. Knowing even in my dreams how serious this can be I woke up
immediately. I was so relieved to wake up. It was 4 a.m. Just to make
sure I went downstairs to check my tuxedo girl, who was fast asleep with an
intact tail. "Eh?" she said "What time of night do you call this?"
Tiptoed back upstairs. Whew.

Tweed

That's horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Purrs for more pleasant dreams!

Old January 9th 05, 10:42 PM
Christina Websell

wrote on 1/9/05 2:22 PM:

"Dan M" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks, Karen. I often have these sort of dreams, I've suffered from
nightmares since I was a child which mostly involve bad things happening to
the persons/animals I love. In front of me usually so I can see and
experience all the horror of it.
Don't know why. Wish I knew how to stop it.

Tweed

Old January 9th 05, 11:03 PM
Karen Chuplis

wrote on 1/9/05 4:42 PM:

"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message
in article
, Christina Websell at
wrote on 1/9/05 2:22 PM:

"Dan M" wrote in message
[...]

My gosh! Can't you try watching a bunch of comdedies before you go to bed or
something?

Old January 10th 05, 04:46 PM
Bob M

Dan M wrote:

[...]

That you really have a catfish?

Bob
Old January 11th 05, 06:03 PM
Exocat

Terrifying. Your subconscious working through a deep-seated dread of
yours re. traffic damage, perhaps?

A friend & neighbour of mine had a lovely dream about her much-loved and
long-run-over D-pet the other day, in which it was happily climbing a
glittering turquoise ladder to Paradise. I explained about the Rainbow
Bridge but the ladder was definitely only turquoise.

Which set me to wondering if D-pets have a different area set aside for
them?

Purrs

Gordon & the TT

Old January 11th 05, 07:01 PM
Christina Websell

wrote on 1/9/05 2:22 PM:

"Dan M" wrote in message
[...]

Doesn't seem to make any difference, unfortunately. However I *do* have to
be careful about reading or seeing anything about animal abuse, or seeing
psychological scary things on the TV, which makes it worse, and much more
likely that I'll have nightmares.
I must be susceptible in some way. I have asked some of my friends "Did you
ever dream that you saw an aeroplane falling in flames towards where you
knew your dogs were and saw it explode on the ground even though you were
running as fast as you could towards there to save them?"
They said no, they never did.
Lucky them.
I wish so much I could know how to stop these sort of nightmares. I don't
suppose I will now, I've had them since I was a child.
Example.
I was walking to school along a lonely path with a brook at the side. Yes,
I really did, every day, usually on my own for more than a mile and a half.
You wouldn't dare let your children do this now.
On the other side, was a playing field for sports, but Once! it had a very
deep lake there called "Savage's Hole" Don't ask me why, I don't know.
My grandmother told me that a little boy had fallen in to Savage's Hole and
his mother went in after him and they were both drowned. After that it was
filled in and became a football field.

Which is a nice thing to tell a small child who has to walk a mile or so
alone to school past Savage's Hole.
I had horrible nightmares about some sort of blanket (blue and white, I
remember it clearly) rising up out of the brook and drowning my mother - who
for some reason was swimming in there, and the blanket covered her face and
dragged her under.
Isn't that horrible?
Am I damaged in some way? What causes it? Any ideas anyone?

I would so like to go to sleep and not have nightmares of some sort.

Tweed

Old January 11th 05, 07:21 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-11, Christina Websell penned:

[...]

I don't think you're damaged. At least, I hope not, because I have freaky
nightmares, too, and had tons of them as a kid. I lived in Germany and
remember a dream in which a bomb was sitting in the middle of our village's
main street, waiting to go off. This thing was the width of a four-lane road.
I was frantically making phone calls to try to get all of my friends to run
into the woods ... and this was a recurring dream.

I also had a series of recurring dreams about evil, human-sized cats. As I
recall it started after reading a "children's" book in which a cat is set
adrift on a raft to starve (WTF??). I think it was called Ghost Cat. Anyway,
I had recurring dreams in which a human-sized white cat and black cat would
sneak into my room. I don't remember what I was afraid of, but I was always
trying to escape. I remember thinking I could see the tips of cat ears just
by the foot of my bed. Even worse, at some point I developed this theory that
my parents were really these cats in disguise, so I'd be afraid I'd surprise
them some day and they'd be unmasked.

Come to think of it, the plot might have been that the ghost cat came back to
take revenge on the evil people who set him adrift. Or maybe not. I clearly
had a vivid imagination.

Okay, maybe I really *was* a disturbed child.

Anyway, I avoid a lot of scary movies and images. It doesn't bother me so
much in books, but I won't watch the movie 7. There's no way I'll watch
saving private ryan, for example. Even resident evil freaked me out, but I
did watch the "making of" and saw them applying the makeup, and that helped a
lot. I can't go to sleep if I've seen something scary, for fear I'll have
nightmares about it.

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old January 12th 05, 11:37 AM
Jean Hobbs

Its a funny thing but I'm the opposite, I always have a read before bed,
but if I'm currently reading a scary or psycological thriller I'll pick
another for my night read, and yet watching the same sort of film at night
never bothers me Jean.P.

Old January 12th 05, 09:12 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-12, Jean Hobbs penned:
Its a funny thing but I'm the opposite, I always have a read before bed, but
if I'm currently reading a scary or psycological thriller I'll pick another
for my night read, and yet watching the same sort of film at night never
bothers me Jean.P.

That *is* funny. Different strokes for different folks, I guess!