Bye Bye Miss American Pie... and Aussies and NZ's and Brits and Everyone!

Old October 6th 04, 12:08 AM
jmcquown

Default Bye Bye Miss American Pie... and Aussies and NZ's and Brits and Everyone!

"I'm leavin' on a jet plane..."

Early tomorrow morning I wing my way off to meet my long lost love again.
This time for a 2 week working trip and sometimes hiatus. Poor Persia is
esconsed at her boarder along with the feathered one, Peaches. Persia
didn't seem to cry as much this time. She fussed a little, but it seems
like she knows I'll be back for her. I certainly will!

When I got to the vet TWO techs came out to get her. They were saying hello
to Persia and fussing over her. Then they were oohing and ahhing over
Peaches (this place boards but does not have an avian vet, but they know one
they can call if necessary).

I had to explain to the techs, no, Peaches never had a 'mate'; she's less
than a year old, for one thing. The other thing is it's a myth that
lovebirds have to be kept in pairs. In fact, if you want them to bond with
you, don't get a pair or they pretty much ignore you. Anyway...

They let me say goodbye to Persia and she was pushing her face on the mesh
screen of her carrier at me to snuggle my hand, but she was not crying
anymore. The bubbly one, Karen, was there talking to her and I think Persia
likes her. I said "Make sure you guys take her out and play with her,
okay?" And I explained the Barley Cat stuff, if she get fussy about eating;
it's like a treat for her.

Then they carried her to the back and then took Peaches with her food and
treats. Peaches really doesn't care; she was chirping the entire way to the
vet. I made a note: must have fresh water constantly because she drinks and
then bathes in it!

I'm a little upset and hope I can sleep tonight without Persia. I know,
I've done it before. But it's two weeks!

BUT... tomorrow my love, John, will pick me up at the airport. (big sigh)
Okay, Persia and Peaches will be okay... and I *do* call to make sure they
are on every trip I take. So... I guess I'll just enjoy this.

Jill
--
I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

Old October 6th 04, 03:43 AM
Sir Weeble Wobblybottom

I shall miss you, girlfriend Persia!

Your Boyfriend,
Weebles

t...

Old October 6th 04, 04:21 AM
Sam Nash

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Have fun, Jill. And don't worry about the "kids". They'll be fine.
Sam

Old October 6th 04, 10:13 AM
polonca12000

Have a safe trip!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"jmcquown" wrote in message
t...
"I'm leavin' on a jet plane..."

Early tomorrow morning I wing my way off to meet my long lost love again.

snip

Old October 6th 04, 10:13 AM
polonca12000

Have a safe trip!