Purrs for my old gal...

Old December 11th 10, 02:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Default Purrs for my old gal...

Purring and praying that Pooh checks out fine.

Lily & her mama

"~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" wrote in message
Pooh Bear is my 16 or 17 y.o. gray calico. Her mission in life these days
is a half of canned food/meal (9 Lives Tuna) at 10:30 every morning. She
also like ice cubes in the water bowl. And the water must be fresh,
fresh, fresh. I don't think she misses Happy (my Basset Hound I put down
this past Nov. 1st). He slobbered and drooled in the kitchen water bowl,
and she hated it. I can't tell you how many times a day I would fill that
bowl when Hap was still with me.

Now for the purr request part. Pooh is looking pretty scruffy. And this
is the 3rd day that she hasn't plowed into her food. She's goes at, but
she doesn't finish even half of it. Other than that she seems right as
rain. I'm asking for purrs b/c this could mean that she's getting ready
for her upcoming journey. If she acts ill in any other way, I will take
her to TED, but I want to put it off as long as possible b/c she gets SO
stressed out when she has to go.

Purrsssss for Pooh, please!!! (TIA)!!

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
Laurie
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸ ·.·

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~*

All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old December 11th 10, 02:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ wrote:
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ wrote:
[...]

Adrian (Owned by Bagheera & Shadow)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart
http://community.webshots.com/user/clowderuk Pooh Bear is my 16 or 17
[...]

Purrs on the way.

Old December 11th 10, 08:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]

[...]

------------------

WOW! And thank you all b/c she scarfed down her "dinny" today but good!!
Purrs work!!!

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
Laurie
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸ ·.·

Old December 11th 10, 11:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ wrote:
[...]

When Princess (RB16) stopped eating, the Vet discovered two teeth that
needed to be removed. There were gumline cavities that apparently hurt.
MLB
Old December 12th 10, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Dec 11, 6:47*pm, MLB wrote:
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ wrote:
[...]

. )) -: :-
. . ))
Laurie
(( . ..
-: :- (( .

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~*

All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

When Princess (RB16) stopped eating, the Vet discovered two teeth that
needed to be removed. *There were gumline cavities that apparently hurt..
MLB

When Rusty had Feline Resorptive Lesions, he never
stopped eating. I took him to the vet as he was bleeding at the gums.
The vet said he was in pain and removed two teeth.
Old December 12th 10, 04:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Larry posted this link in the rpca FB account and I thought about you and
Pooh Bear.

http://www.pawnation.com/2010/12/10/...uld-know-abou/

It seemed to have some good tips on dealing with an aging cat.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old December 12th 10, 04:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Dec 12, 11:24*am, "CatNipped" wrote:
Larry posted this link in the rpca FB account and I thought about you and
Pooh Bear.

http://www.pawnation.com/2010/12/10/...ng-cat-9-commo...

It seemed to have some good tips on dealing with an aging cat.

According to this list, Rusty(RB16) did quite well despite all his
health
problems. I must have done something right with him.
I went to a workshop on care of senior cats last year given by vets.
Gave away the notes to a friend who has an older cat. Sorry I didn't
think of posting some of them here.

Winnie

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
See all our masters at: *http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped

Old December 12th 10, 05:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message ...

Larry posted this link in the rpca FB account and I thought about you and
Pooh Bear.

http://www.pawnation.com/2010/12/10/...uld-know-abou/

It seemed to have some good tips on dealing with an aging cat.

-------

This is a great site, Lor. Last night, around 2 a.m.-ish, Pooh started
yowling in the kitchen. That's where she stays. She has a cat bowl bed on
one of the kitchen chairs, and she is in it most of the time. The yowling
was kinda different, and I got up to check on her. She was fine. She just
wanted some lovin'. I just checked her mouth out (as best as I could). No
redness in the gums, and no bad odor in her breath either. I think, for the
most part, that she is a little senile. She continues to use the litter
box, and her poo is very solid and healthy looking. I am keeping my eye on
her and will take her to the vet if she stops eating. But that seems to be
okay, AND she has hard treats/crunchies at night and scarfs them up. She
also LOVES an ice cube in the water bowl. Like I said, I really think my
ole gal is getting a little goofy. She's had a great life. I hope she is
able to stick around longer, but if she doesn't, then she will go straight
to Happy's spot at the RB. He will be thrilled to see her... but she won't
be as much b/c she never did "get" the whole d*g thing!! :'o)

Laurie