Lorelei's big breakthrough :)

Old April 8th 11, 10:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Adam[_3_]

Default Lorelei's big breakthrough :)

When TuTu was adopted she was a silent cat also. However, one day she
was on the enclosed patio when a big storm moved in. She was frightened
by the storm and she found her voice in a hurry -- and it was loud!MLB

Louise (cat of few words) still only meows, and quietly at that,
when it's something very important. However, when another cat comes
onto /her/ property, she can howl as fiercely as anyone, and she
also will growl loudly at any dogs in the vet's waiting room. In
fact, I think she hisses and growls more than she meows. When she
hisses at me, I usually hiss back -- not very well, but enough for a
cat to recognize it as a hiss. Her latest trick is the "silent
miaow" which she has found quite effective if the human is already
looking at her.

Adam
Old April 8th 11, 11:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
at

On Fri, 08 Apr 2011 08:28:42 -0700, Booker wrote:

On 4/7/2011 9:42 PM, at dot Gandalf wrote:

She never even meows, ever, when her food bowl is empty, and she's
hungry.

Chappy never meowed, at all, his first 5 years with us. Since he loved
being petted, I meowed at him every time he wanted pets and would pet
him even if he only opened his mouth. Now he'll meow when he wants my
attention, for pets or anything else. And if I'm petting him and stop,
he'll meow to keep the pets coming. Every so often he'll meow from
another part of the house to find out where I am, or to let me know that
he's brought his stuffed animal up to the bed and I should go accept my
meal.

He has such a nice meow, it's too bad we missed 5 years of enjoying it.

Julie

Wow! Five years without a meow! Better late than never, I guess!

Lorelei has a very little, quiet meow: very much like a proper little
lady cat I love to hear her when she meows.

If I call her name, sometimes she will answer me.

She's a pretty quiet cat, but she does meow, from time to time.

When she sleeps with me, sometimes she will clean my beard for me.

I had a beard for many, many years, but I shaved it off when it went
gray. This winter, I let it grow back. Lorelei seems to like it. When I
am holding her, she will touch it with her paw, sometimes.

Perhaps some of it is out of place, and she is fixing it for me. I was
going to shave it off, now that spring is here, but I think I will keep
it, since Lorelei seems to like it

....and she just came up to me while I was typing this, as if she's been
doing it for years, and 'meeped' at me twice, to let me know she would
like to climb up in my lap

I have to back away from my computer, to make room for her. She stays
for awhile, while I pet her and giver her scritches, and then she
leaves.

She now does this two or three times a day.

I think that there a LOT of things she would do, if I could only figure
out how to let her know it is OK.

Aside from batting at a piece of string, for a little while, if I play
with her with it, I have been unable to find a toy she really likes.

Kenzie never really played much at all, either. Lorelei reminds me very,
very much of Kenzie. Many times, I catch myself calling her Kenzie

I have an old sheepskin car seat cover that became very worn, and I
brought it in the house. It quickly became on of Kenzie's favorite
places to sleep.

After ignoring it for months, Lorelei can now be found on it from time
to time, although I haven't seen her sleep on it

She's such a very sweet cat...but she mostly keeps it hidden, for now.

But, I do know that she likes living here, and that she certainly likes
me, as well.

And that is enough for me
Old April 9th 11, 06:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven

On Apr 8, 11:28*am, Booker wrote:
On 4/7/2011 9:42 PM, at dot Gandalf wrote:

She never even meows, ever, when her food bowl is empty, and she's
hungry.

Chappy never meowed, at all, his first 5 years with us. Since he loved
being petted, I meowed at him every time he wanted pets and would pet
him even if he only opened his mouth. Now he'll meow when he wants my
attention, for pets or anything else. And if I'm petting him and stop,
he'll meow to keep the pets coming. Every so often he'll meow from
another part of the house to find out where I am, or to let me know that
he's brought his stuffed animal up to the bed and I should go accept my
meal.

He has such a nice meow, it's too bad we missed 5 years of enjoying it.

My brother didn't talk until he was over two years old. People were
worried about him. I, his older brother, was just hoping we would give
him up for adoption. Then suddenly he started talking very well.

Today, in his sixties, he says that he _remembers_ not having to talk
because people did everything he wanted before he needed to tell them
about it.

--
Will in New Haven

I finally got Lorelei's cat tree set up. Gandalf[_2_] Cat community 22 December 3rd 10 06:12 AM
Breakthrough! Joy Cat anecdotes 5 April 6th 09 12:35 AM
A breakthrough! jmcquown Cat anecdotes 3 June 10th 05 08:01 AM
A breakthrough! jmcquown Cat anecdotes 8 May 21st 05 06:46 PM
Big breakthrough John Biltz Cat anecdotes 3 August 18th 03 01:41 AM