Omega Paw Self-Cleaning Litter Box

Old February 20th 14, 07:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

Default Omega Paw Self-Cleaning Litter Box

They keep ****ing on the back inside. I didn't pay attention for
this, but I would bet that is the reason for a high percentage of
the negative reviews. It probably can't be emphasized enough, it's
at least 2 inches too short. I knew that from the beginning,
before they ****ed on it. I'm sure some people will have luck with
it, for whatever reason, maybe small cats. I'm not sure whether
it's worth keeping. Not if I have to clean off the back inside
every single time.

My new build is going okay though, waiting for Amazon to ship some
supplies. The design looks good, but you never know.
Old February 28th 14, 08:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Hi Buddy,
I plan to update this later...
Thanks,
http://www.quora.com/Steven-Mark-Olschwanger

On Thursday, January 30, 2014 10:00:23 AM UTC+5:30, John Doe wrote:
Looks interesting. Anybody have one? If I buy it, I will follow up to

this with a short review.

According to reviews I have read... The large is much better than the

medium. One trick to using it is tipping it slowly so that the good

litter has a chance to move through the filter instead of falling

into the waste trap. It might be flimsy, and that might be a problem

unless you enjoy working with plastic.

Hopefully they use the same non-stick plastic as Sterilite storage

boxes.

Old February 28th 14, 09:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,free.usenet,free.spam
John Doe

off-topic Google Groups spam...

--

Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 23:27:30 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Omega Paw Self-Cleaning Litter Box

Old February 28th 14, 09:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

They keep ****ing on the back inside.

Last time, instead of wiping, I just sprayed (not me, I mean with a
spray cleaner) the backside. Since then, looks like they have been
peeing down into the litter instead of on the backside. Doing okay
now. The way to tell is by using a flashlight. When tilting the
litter back into place, quite a bit of dust is generated as it moves
back out of the filter area, but most of that dust stays inside of
the box. Anyways... That will be it unless there are any more
questions.
Old April 4th 14, 01:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

Now I have two. Both modified. Packaging tape along the right side
seam. A wide plastic strip inside to help the clumps gently roll over
the waste drawer instead of bouncing off of it. Put a glob of hot
melt glue where the grating/filter meets the bottom so it can't pop
out of its slots down there. Also... Most of the bottommost flimsy
plastic strip should be cut away. Just leave at least 1/4" on each
side of the three vertical posts. Don't cut it on the outside of the
outer vertical posts where it's reasonably sturdy. The inner two
flimsy strips are just in the way of the flowing litter, they are
useless obstructions.

Also...

When handling the box, avoid grabbing it by the waste drawer entry
point. That is a very weak point and it might easily break the thing.

Another tip I think someone wrote... Tip it to the left a little bit
first, before starting the process.

Use a powerful standup flashlight to help you see what you're doing.
And as everybody here knows, make sure there's plenty of litter in
the thing.
Old October 16th 14, 07:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe[_2_]

Been quite a while...

Working well. My modifications help a lot, but...

The cats are getting used to them. They do not pee on the backside.
They can go quite a bit without messing it up for such a small
box. But of course it's best to rake/roll it frequently. Even more
important is keeping as much litter as possible in the box, as
much as you can without wasting litter. That does a lot to keep it
clean. For example, it prevents clumps from sticking to the
bottom.

On a side note... I recently purchased another 160 pounds of litter
shipped (USA) for a total of $64. Amazing IMO.