Mom [OT]

Old March 30th 04, 11:22 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

*Yowie grasps large dead, fish and thwaps Helen soundly for coming uo with
the mere thought*

Yowie

Gosh - you've just discovered my favourite fetish.
Hit me with that fish again girl! ;-)

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old March 30th 04, 11:24 PM
Sherry

LOL, the saggy baggies, as I call them, make the guys look like they
need a diaper change. I often find myself laughing at the more extreme
forms of dress.

Pam S.

Yeah, *but*.... you can't forget our polyester-double-knit hot pants, usually
in chartreuse or screaming orange. Sheesh. I'm embarrassed just thinking about
them.

Sherry
Old March 30th 04, 11:24 PM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old March 30th 04, 11:25 PM
Sherry

don't know if this is a real Arabic curse, but I heard it in
college, and it's my favorite:

"May the fleas of a thousand camels come to nest in your crotch!"

Ginger-lyn

ROFL! You'd *really* have to dislike someone to wish that on them. Remind me to
never make you mad!! :-)

Sherry
Old March 30th 04, 11:28 PM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old March 30th 04, 11:30 PM
David Yehudah

What they didn't know was that the sub who took my place for three
weeks, Patty, was my wife! She gave them a lot of grief, i.e., made them
work hard, and they never knew why. :-)

Tanada wrote:

David Yehudah wrote:

That's when I had my first heart attack. They carried me out of the
classroom on a stretcher into a waiting ambulance, and the kids were
celebrating.

The little b*ggers were probably already planning the grief they were
going to give the sub. I hope they gave the kids grief instead. You
made them work, Dave, and some kids are totally lazy no matter what you do.

Old March 30th 04, 11:35 PM

Jette Goldie wrote:

Oh thanks - I'm flying on Sunday too! And I have to take two
planes ..... one from Glasgow to Newark and one from Newark
to Orlando.

You're going to Florida on Sunday? So am I. This will be the first time
I've flown in about 2 years - I'm nervous. I've always had a fear of flying,
but when I do it frequently, I sort of get used to it.

Also, I'm going to see some family members that I don't have the best
relationship with, so I'm pretty nervous about that, too.

There'll be no shortage of cats, though!

Joyce

Old March 31st 04, 12:28 AM
Mishi

"Sherry " wrote in message
don't know if this is a real Arabic curse, but I heard it in
college, and it's my favorite: "May the fleas of a thousand camels come to
nest in your crotch!"

Ginger-lyn

I have heard one similar to that: May the fleas of a thousand syphilic
camels infest your armpits! (my 12th grade english teacher was of Lebanese
descent.) He also used to threaten the class with the "Lebanese Sleeper
Hold" - you take your opponents head and stuff it into your armpit.
Guaranteed to knock them out!

Patti

Old March 31st 04, 12:32 AM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 13:57:11 +0100, "Adrian"
yodeled:

Steve Touchstone wrote:
On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 18:20:17 GMT, Tanada wrote:

Sorry Dave, I have to differ with you on this one. I don't know if
it's the school, the area of the country, having so many military
parents (though I don't really notice a difference in behavior) or
if I'm just lucky, but most of the kids I work with are very
respectful. Of course there are the 5% that you find in any group
that should be fed to the loo or their parents given retro-active
birth control. But the majority are polite, and well enough
behaved. They just aren't as zombie like as we were when I was in
school. I enjoy their energy and zeal for what they believe in.
The only problem I have is their choices in music.

Pam S.

Well, and maybe choice in clothes, too. I can't understand the boys
wearing pants halfway down the buttcheeks, and some of the outfits
girls copy from MTV. OTOH, I'm seem to remember my parents felt the
same way about high schoolers in my day.

I think parents have been saying the same sort of thing for thousands of
years, and no doubt will continue to in the future.

Oh please. How much further is there to go before nobody is wearing
anything more than a couple of strands of dental floss? If someone
wanted to do something really different, they'd have to start from
scratch and get all covered up again.

Theresa

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)