Good Toy

Old May 12th 05, 01:56 AM
blueberries79

Default Good Toy

As I said before, we've had a hard time getting Oreo and Gabe to play with
any 'cat' toys. They don't like the balls with bells, the furry mice, the
hanging ropes, anything with catnip... you get my drift! (Gabe does like
laying on paper, never really figured that out) But, I'm happy to report
that the $2 purchase at Lowes to get those big plastic shower curtain rings
was one of the best $2 we've spent!! There were about 6 left over from our
half bath remodel and the extra are now scattered around the house and they
are actually playing with them! Batting them around, running after them...
its great! If anyone else tries it though, I would suggest *nOt* getting
clear. Trust me, your feet will thank you. Anyway, just wanted to share,
it makes me happy to see the two of them running around getting some
exercise : )

Old May 12th 05, 05:05 AM
John Doe

"blueberries79" wrote:

As I said before, we've had a hard time getting Oreo and Gabe to
play with any 'cat' toys. They don't like the balls with bells,
the furry mice, the hanging ropes, anything with catnip... you
get my drift! (Gabe does like laying on paper, never really
figured that out) But, I'm happy to report that the $2 purchase
at Lowes to get those big plastic shower curtain rings was one
of the best $2 we've spent!! There were about 6 left over from
our half bath remodel and the extra are now scattered around the
house and they are actually playing with them! Batting them
around, running after them... its great! If anyone else tries
it though, I would suggest *nOt* getting clear. Trust me, your
feet will thank you. Anyway, just wanted to share, it makes me
happy to see the two of them running around getting some
exercise : )

What exact type are you talking about?

Please post a follow-up to or three weeks from now.

Thanks.
Old May 12th 05, 01:10 PM
blueberries79

"John Doe" wrote in message
"blueberries79" wrote:

[...]

John, this is my follow up : ) They've been playing with them for over a
week now and still love them. (Longer than any other toy we've had) I dont
know the exact type, but they are a hard plastic in a perfect circle. Just
the cheapie brand! The only way to open the end to put around the shower
rod is to pull one side of the opening and push the other. It took me a bit
of strength to do this so I'm not very worried about the kitties being able
to (although Gabe is freakishly strong) open it themselves. Its a good size
because they can fit it around their mouth to carry around if they want, but
its not small enough that they would be able to choke.

Old May 12th 05, 01:52 PM
bigbadbarry

blueberries79 wrote:
Its a good size
because they can fit it around their mouth to carry around if they

want, but
its not small enough that they would be able to choke.

Remember planes trains and automobiles, John Candy selling them rings!
haha
Maybe you can sell them on eBay as cat toys. Have a picture of your cat
having a blast. Hours Of Fun!

Felineship of The Rings
Ergonomically designed for comfort!
Life-time warranty

Old May 13th 05, 05:13 AM
Brad

On 12 May 2005 05:52:06 -0700, "bigbadbarry"
wrote:

blueberries79 wrote:
Its a good size
because they can fit it around their mouth to carry around if they

want, but
its not small enough that they would be able to choke.

Remember planes trains and automobiles, John Candy selling them rings!
haha
Maybe you can sell them on eBay as cat toys. Have a picture of your cat
having a blast. Hours Of Fun!

Felineship of The Rings
Ergonomically designed for comfort!
Life-time warranty

Great idea tie em to a stick and get $9.95 for em they pay the
frieght.....serious though thanks for the heads up blueberries I have
been reading so many people have fun with the milk bottle rings and
these are so strong.........even if they managed to pull one open I
don't think it would still be dangerous for them.....

Brad

LIFE'S JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE GRAVE SAFELY IN A
WELL-PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS, TOTALLY WORN OUT,
SHOUTING... " HOLY @#$%... WHAT A RIDE!"

Old May 13th 05, 08:52 AM

In all the years I had my two cats, I tried every expensive toy from
the pet shop, and they both still got more fun out of a peice of baco
foil squeezed into a silver ball. Its light and its shiny.

Old May 13th 05, 12:46 PM
blueberries79

wrote in message
oups.com...
In all the years I had my two cats, I tried every expensive toy from
the pet shop, and they both still got more fun out of a peice of baco
foil squeezed into a silver ball. Its light and its shiny.

Ohhh good idea! Ill have to try that one next : )

Old May 13th 05, 02:57 PM

This is my 2 cats' all-time favorite toy:
Paper clips. I get large ones and partially unfold them, so they have
a wide/long profile that can't be swallowed. The shiny metal is very
attractive to them and can keep them occupied for hours. These also
work well tied to the end of a string.

Old May 13th 05, 05:16 PM
Mary

wrote in message
oups.com...
In all the years I had my two cats, I tried every expensive toy from
the pet shop, and they both still got more fun out of a peice of baco
foil squeezed into a silver ball. Its light and its shiny.

Back when we smoked, the all-time fav for my cat was a
crumpled up cigarette pack.

· · · Have You Heard The Good News? · · · [email protected] Cat anecdotes 0 January 30th 05 08:54 AM
· · · Have You Heard The Good News? · · · [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 0 January 30th 05 04:36 AM
· · · Have You Heard The Good News? · · · [email protected] Cat anecdotes 0 January 30th 05 04:35 AM
good night, Gibs Lars Cat anecdotes 28 December 13th 03 12:35 PM
Good News and Bad News (a foster update). Kalyahna Cat health & behaviour 4 November 8th 03 07:03 AM